Preview 2023 Semi Final - Carlton vs Melbourne Friday 15th September 7.50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Kennedy
OUT: Jack Martin (suspension), Harry McKay (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsMatthew Cottrell
Half-forwards:Sam DochertyTom De KoningMatthew Owies
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:David CuninghamGeorge HewettMatthew Kennedy
Caleb Marchbank
Emergencies:Paddy DowSam DurdinZac Fisher
Ollie Hollands

One thing that was a slight shift, Pitto was competing in marking contest forward of the ball and even though he couldn't mark it, didn't allow too many intercepts

He clunked a massive one that should’ve been paid in I want to say the 2nd quarter. He is getting his hands to them a bit more than he was but still needs to improve.

Fisher for Cincotta to provide more line breaking runs and foot skills from half back. Our forward entry balls into the 50 was very poor against Sydney.

In: Fisher, Silvagni, Motlop
Out: Cincotta, Martin (sus.), McKay (inj.)

B: Marchbank-------------McGovern----------------Newman

H: Kemp-------------------Weitering------------------Saad

C: Acres--------------------Cripps-------------------Docherty

H: Fogarty----------------Silvagni----------------Cuningham

F: Owies------------------C.Curnow-----------------Motlop

Foll: Pittonet, Cerra, Walsh

Bench: De Koning, Fisher, Hewett, Cottrell

Sub: Dow

Imo we need Dow in for the center clearance work
He’s a great addition around cripps esp when cripps is getting nullified.
Cripps 18 CBAs for 1 center clearance
Go check out Dows Center clearance/cba ratio. He is a center clearance freak. Last time he had less that 3 or 4 was vs port (and he only had 7 CBAs)

You might be right - When the club sang the song he was barely mouthing the words.
Yep and the incident looked like it hit his jaw/chin

I feel really confident Harry will get through the goal yips. He still does a lot for us and helps structure. I reckon he is on the verge of getting back to his best. I hope he'll be ok to play against Dees.
Confident we'll be ok without him too. If we have to be.
Agree re H
Was significant in our start yesterday
2 terrible misses yes, but another watch of the game shows how much we need him in the team
Will be missed this week, Goodwin& Co will be rapt that he is out

As long as that means we're NOT playing the three rucks I'm good with thjs.

We need more speed, spread and overlap than we had last night. This is where the Swans hurt us in the second half
I don't agree. I think they got into a team that went scared of '******* it up' after getting the strong lead.

There were plenty of opportunities to move the ball faster, through the middle etc but the willingness left some of our key transition players. There were the rushed kicks, panicked, into forward 50 from chales and Newman too that both went to the Swans loose defender. Thatsort of turnover is hard for anyone to defend easily. It's a fast break the other way

They will be better for the run but I don't think we lacked any mobility or running power. Think we just lacked composure and finals experience

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo we need Dow in for the center clearance work
He’s a great addition around cripps esp when cripps is getting nullified.
Cripps 18 CBAs for 1 center clearance
Go check out Dows Center clearance/cba ratio. He is a center clearance freak. Last time he had less that 3 or 4 was vs port (and he only had 7 CBAs)
Agree. Rotate Walsh and Cerra off half forward pushing into the middle to allow Dow to play in the guts.

Would also consider Kennedy as the Martin/Harry replacement if JSOS is not right. He plays alright as a marking forward

H and Martin huge outs for next week
We dont lose if they play.
Kennedy and SoS make us better
Concern on both is are they ok?
If they are fit , think they will be given their chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back