Preview 2023 Semi Final - Carlton vs Melbourne Friday 15th September 7.50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Kennedy
OUT: Jack Martin (suspension), Harry McKay (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsMatthew Cottrell
Half-forwards:Sam DochertyTom De KoningMatthew Owies
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:David CuninghamGeorge HewettMatthew Kennedy
Caleb Marchbank
Emergencies:Paddy DowSam DurdinZac Fisher
Ollie Hollands

Sos will come in to play Melbourne

As long as that means we're NOT playing the three rucks I'm good with thjs.

We need more speed, spread and overlap than we had last night. This is where the Swans hurt us in the second half

Martin out can be easily replaced by Kennedy and it adds midfield rotation. Motlop out for Dow to be sub is the most logical. JSOS for Harry allows us to drop pitto if we need too. Gives us midfield ruck forward defence cover. McGovern can go forward if we don’t need the extra defender. Very versatile side. I’d even be happy for hollands to come in for Cincotta while doc goes back.

Ideal ins: JSOS, Hollands, Kennedy Dow (sub)
Ideal outs: Harry, Cincotta, Martin and Motlop (sub)

Can’t see Doc moving back.
Cincotta to Kossie as well. McGovern on Fritsch.

Im a Tasmanian high school teacher and I need some help buying tickets next week. I’ve got two membership numbers, but need help buying the tickets as it’s impossible to buy while im on class.
Buying tickets becomes a lessons… maths, probability, demand /supply economics, technology etc etc

Hes a star and Freo were happy to let him go for stuff all. Mind boggling...
Not sure they wanted to. Their fans suggest he was either retiring from footy (??) or back to Melbourne. I think it’s outrageously good luck for us. But not sure they really had a choice.

i know that lots of us supporters see kennedy as a good replacement for martin but i'm not sure the match committee feel the same way unfortunately. which is ironic given for some reason they had him pigeonholed as a half-back at points through the year.
i suspect they're probably more likely to bring in ed curnow who has played off a forward flank lately and did the same even under teague if i remember? or maybe that was bolton.
kemp seems the other good fit. i guess marchbank could too but i wouldn't trust his goal-kicking much more than harry.

As long as that means we're NOT playing the three rucks I'm good with thjs.

We need more speed, spread and overlap than we had last night. This is where the Swans hurt us in the second half
Wouldn't it be JSOS coming in for McKay and playing solely forward? Or are you saying JSOS should only come in if one of TDK/Pitto go out?

If it's Martin, Mckay 100% out. I'd bring in SOS and Durdin/promote Motlop from sub.

Based on my replay watch the maybe outs would be Cunners, Cinc and Marchbank also.

I'd replace them with any 3 of Hollands, Fisher, Dow, Cowan, Boyd.

In all honesty other the the ok ruck contest
Pittonet gives absolutely nothing around the ground but he seems to get a game on that
My ideale ruck combo is Tdk and Jsos to chop out but i think Pittonet will keep playing as the match committee seem to like him
TDK Jsos would be my choice for Ruck combo.

But with no Harry I expect Pitto to play also

Nope. Cripps can’t mark overhead.
He’s severely limited at the moment but attracts the opposition’s attention giving more space to Walsh and Cerra. If Cripps can’t play mid I think Kennedy could be picked before Dow.
Although at centre bounces Mills was just completely taking Cripps out and letting there other mids get to work.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's Martin, Mckay 100% out. I'd bring in SOS and Durdin/promote Motlop from sub.

Based on my replay watch the maybe outs would be Cunners, Cinc and Marchbank also.

I'd replace them with any 3 of Hollands, Fisher, Dow, Cowan, Boyd.

Could maybe justify Cuningham out and Hollands in. We need more run and will have to maintain pressure. Kennedy I love but we may be too slow with him, Hewett and Cripps.

Pittonet to stay in to work with TDK to try and break even with Gawn..
Motlop is a terrible sub. I'd start him for Martin as he seems to be at his best when able to work himself into the game.
JSOS in for Harry to play on Lever with the sole intention of taking him to where the ball ain't..
Dow comes in on the bench to help combat the Dees mid rotations
Marchbank sub.. Has the aerobic capacity to run and carry later in the game..

Regardless, how good is it to have depth and options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back