2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven’t seen Curtin play so obviously can’t comment on form or if he deserves a senior game but 30 disposals and a goal is a great game.
Question is would you blood him in the heat of a showdown? Subject to that question how many players have played their first game in a showdown and who?

Game shouldn’t matter if you are ready. Marlon Pickett.

Rory Atkins first game was a showdown pretty sure

Obviously Curtin with 30 touches and a goal is the standout, but Ryan with 23 touches is pretty impressive as well.

For those who were watching the game, were they good possessions? Where was he playing? 5 rebound 50s and 3 inside 50s makes me think he was on the wing.
Some of his kicks weren't great, but some of them came under heavy pressure. Looks like an AFL standard player though. Loves to take the game on and break the lines.

EDIT: He was playing off the half back. At least 1 of those i50's I think came from a play out of the defensive half, but he may have got a couple from when we pressed up for the kick in and turned the ball over.

Felt Schoenberg's game this week was way better than last weeks. Hands were way cleaner and hit more targets by foot. Didn't look to have lost too much pace.
When in defence, Curtin played mostly on Lachlan Grubb (A fast and agile small forward), with small stints on Sam McInerny (Small/Med Fwd) and Liam Hoy (Ruckman) I think when he rotated forward. Got caught a couple times in open play matching up against Mitch Harvey. Played OK in deep defense. Looked way better playing further up the ground. Swapped positions with Toby Murray in the last quarter.
Taylor looked a bit more like his old self today. Weaved his way through traffic, creative and effective disposals. A couple of tried to bite off too much and had to dumpkick his way out of trouble, but still looked a lot better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back