Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
1700110042753.png
OPENING ROUND
Thursday March 7
- Sydney Swans v Melbourne, SCG (7.30pm)

Friday March 8 - Brisbane Lions v Carlton, Gabba (7.40pm)

Saturday March 9 - Gold Coast Suns v Richmond, Heritage Bank Stadium (4.20pm)
GWS Giants v Collingwood, Giants Stadium (7.30pm)

Byes: Adelaide Crows, Essendon, Fremantle, Geelong Cats, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, St Kilda, West Coast Eagles, Western Bulldogs

ROUND 1
Thursday March 14 - Carlton v Richmond, MCG (7.30pm)

Friday March 15 - Collingwood v Sydney Swans, MCG (7.40pm)

Saturday March 16 - Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG (1.45pm)
GWS Giants v North Melbourne, Giants Stadium (4.35pm)
Geelong Cats v St Kilda, GMHBA Stadium (7.30pm)
Gold Coast Suns v Adelaide Crows, Heritage Bank Stadium (8.10pm)

Sunday March 17- Melbourne v Western Bulldogs, MCG (1.00pm)
Port Adelaide v West Coast Eagles, Adelaide Oval (4.00pm)
Fremantle v Brisbane Lions, Optus Stadium (6.50pm)

ROUND 2
Thursday March 21- St Kilda v Collingwood, MCG (7.30pm)

Friday March 22 - Adelaide Crows v Geelong Cats, Adelaide Oval (7.40pm)

Saturday March 23 - North Melbourne v Fremantle, Marvel Stadium (1.45pm)
Hawthorn v Melbourne, MCG (4.35pm)
Sydney Swans v Essendon, SCG (7.30pm)

Sunday March 24 - Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast Suns, Mars Stadium (1.00pm)
Richmond v Port Adelaide, MCG (4.00pm)
West Coast Eagles v GWS Giants, Optus Stadium (6.50pm)

Byes: Brisbane Lions, Carlton

ROUND 3
Thursday March 28 (Easter Thursday) - Brisbane Lions v Collingwood, The Gabba (7.30pm)

Friday March 29 (Good Friday) - North Melbourne v Carlton, Marvel Stadium (4.20pm)
Fremantle v Adelaide Crows, Optus Stadium (7.20pm)

Saturday March 30 - Essendon v St Kilda, Marvel Stadium (4.20pm)
Port Adelaide v Melbourne, Adelaide Oval (7.30pm)

Sunday March 31 (Easter Sunday) - Western Bulldogs v West Coast Eagles, Marvel Stadium (1.00pm)
Richmond v Sydney Swans, MCG (4.00pm)

Monday April 1 (Easter Monday) - Hawthorn v Geelong Cats, MCG (3.20pm)

Byes: Gold Coast Suns, GWS Giants

1704763373129.png

Last edited:

My guess remains they will ignore Opening round completely, and then have
1. Rounds 2, 3, 5 and 6 as Best 18 with 2 Trades.
2. Rounds 12, 13, 14 and 15 as Best 18 with 3 Trades.

However this means that a third of the season is going to be Best 18.

Otherwise it will be best 22 for the early byes but with additional trades.

My guess remains they will ignore Opening round completely, and then have
1. Rounds 2, 3, 5 and 6 as Best 18 with 2 Trades.
2. Rounds 12, 13, 14 and 15 as Best 18 with 3 Trades.

However this means that a third of the season is going to be Best 18.

Otherwise it will be best 22 for the early byes but with additional trades.
They won't want to overcomplicate how the game is played .....I'm not fussing till we hear how they're going to handle this

Just having a look at the early byes, and hypothetically if it was best 22, would probably mean you only take 1-2 max from those teams

Round 2- Walsh and maybe Coleman. Don’t see a heap of other relevant players . Likely no rookies

Round 3- Touk will be cheap, and GC likely to have relevant rookies. GWS might be an avoid

Round 5- Daicos, but think he’s an avoid now. And Grundy probably the only Swan i will take unless Parker gets DPP

Round 6- Gawn and Oliver/Trac. Reckon we can go without Richmond

I think we could get away with best 22 almost, best 18 wouldn’t be bad though

Was pretty keen on Walsh,Touk, Grundy and Gawn before the fixture. Still am. But might limit it to 2-3 of those now

Just having a look at the early byes, and hypothetically if it was best 22, would probably mean you only take 1-2 max from those teams

Round 2- Walsh and maybe Coleman. Don’t see a heap of other relevant players . Likely no rookies

Round 3- Touk will be cheap, and GC likely to have relevant rookies. GWS might be an avoid

Round 5- Daicos, but think he’s an avoid now. And Grundy probably the only Swan i will take unless Parker gets DPP

Round 6- Gawn and Oliver/Trac. Reckon we can go without Richmond

I think we could get away with best 22 almost, best 18 wouldn’t be bad though

Was pretty keen on Walsh,Touk, Grundy and Gawn before the fixture. Still am. But might limit it to 2-3 of those now

The net result of their stuffing around is teams will be even more vanilla and dull than last year. They've removed any incentive to start e.g. Daicos over Dawson at D1, everyone will just go Dawson now.

They've made it tough to start great picks like Green, Gawn, Grundy, Walsh, Taranto, Oliver, Miller, Anderson, so teams will just load up on the non-early bye premos like Steele, LDU, Bont, Brayshaw, Laird etc.

Will be much less variation in teams as the pool of viable relevant players has been artificially reduced. Idiots.

The net result of their stuffing around is teams will be even more vanilla and dull than last year. They've removed any incentive to start e.g. Daicos over Dawson at D1, everyone will just go Dawson now.

They've made it tough to start great picks like Green, Gawn, Grundy, Walsh, Taranto, Oliver, Miller, Anderson, so teams will just load up on the non-early bye premos like Steele, LDU, Bont, Brayshaw, Laird etc.

Will be much less variation in teams as the pool of viable relevant players has been artificially reduced. Idiots.
Dawson won't have defender status. But imo it means Young is a lock for D2 or maybe D1 as an underpriced premo, has the "good" bye later in the year too. Same goes for Butters as an underpriced premo and maybe Soldo too

Hard to pass Walsh tho?

That and this....
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think anything has been confirmed about the early byes yet but I’m guessing best 18 is how it will work.

I guess the other option is the usual 22 with averages for the guys on a bye.

The Traders released an ep just now and it reveals the answers to our burning questions

Fantasy will skip Round 0 and start R1

Scores from R0 will be incorporated in Round 1 prices

For the early byes, best 18 and two trades (pretty much makes picking players from R0 teams pointless, maybe one or two is the max)

SIM Matches - Kayo / Fox Schedule New
Confirmed match simulations

All games live on Kayo Sports

Wednesday, February 21

North Melbourne v Collingwood, Arden St, 10am AEDT

Thursday, February 22
Sydney v Greater Western Sydney, Tramway Oval, 10am AEDT
Carlton v Geelong, Ikon Park, 11am AEDT
Brisbane v Gold Coast, Brighton Homes Arena, 5pm AEST

Friday, February 23
Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, Whitten Oval, 11am AEDT
St Kilda v Essendon, RSEA Park, 2pm AEDT
Port Adelaide v Adelaide, Alberton Oval, 5pm ACDT

Saturday, February 24
West Coast v Fremantle, Mineral Resources Park, 4.45pm AWST

Confirmed match simulations

All games live on Kayo Sports

Wednesday, February 21

North Melbourne v Collingwood, Arden St, 10am AEDT

Thursday, February 22
Sydney v Greater Western Sydney, Tramway Oval, 10am AEDT
Carlton v Geelong, Ikon Park, 11am AEDT
Brisbane v Gold Coast, Brighton Homes Arena, 5pm AEST

Friday, February 23
Western Bulldogs v Hawthorn, Whitten Oval, 11am AEDT
St Kilda v Essendon, RSEA Park, 2pm AEDT
Port Adelaide v Adelaide, Alberton Oval, 5pm ACDT

Saturday, February 24
West Coast v Fremantle, Mineral Resources Park, 4.45pm AWST
Is there a Richmond v Melb at some stage?

I just checked my source for the info ....there's no mistake, no match listed for RICH & MELB

Maybe the source made an error ?
And yet, I heard a player mention it as an aside.... looking forward to trying that out against the Dees..... or something like that.

Is there a Richmond v Melb at some stage?
The injury update on Richmond's official website (posted on 17 January) mentioned that we play Melbourne "in four and a half weeks". However, neither club ever posted the details of that match simulation. That's probably why the AFL never specified the match sim on their official website given they wait for clubs to confirm the details first.

The injury update on Richmond's official website (posted on 17 January) mentioned that we play Melbourne "in four and a half weeks". However, neither club ever posted the details of that match simulation. That's probably why the AFL never specified the match sim on their official website given they wait for clubs to confirm the details first.
Thank you, I knew I read or heard it somewhere, wondering at the time why it's not yet public knowledge.

In this article it mentions

"Pickett’s Tigers are one of eight teams scheduled to take part in Opening Round, with Richmond to face the Gold Coast Suns at Heritage Bank Stadium in its season-opener. The club also has pre-season hit-outs scheduled against Melbourne (February 18) and Collingwood (February 27) next month."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back