Position 2024 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got English so I'm pretty set. But I'm also stacked with Green, Walsh, Steele, LDU and Matt Crouch as mids, so don't need Martin unless he's going to be a defender.

I could probably pick up Flynn if I needed another ruck, or just go English solo, as we're not playing bye rounds.
I would 100% do it if Flynn is still there. No brainer

If you could only pick one of the below players for your team who would you choose? And why?

1. George Wardlaw
2. Matthew Johnson
3. Reuben Ginbey
4. Angus Sheldrick

If you could only pick one of the below players for your team who would you choose? And why?

1. George Wardlaw
2. Matthew Johnson
3. Reuben Ginbey
4. Angus Sheldrick
Farkkkkkkk. Tough one.

Sheldrick probably the one I’d skip certainly with their depth through the middle. Johnson probably in a similar boat but doubt Fyfe lasts too long.

Wardlaw probably the one but injury history ain’t great. Ginbey a gun but also think it’s a year early.

I’d go Wardlaw of the 4 I think but not with a great deal of confidence

1. George Wardlaw
2. Matthew Johnson
3. Reuben Ginbey
4. Angus Sheldrick
1. Start him until he breaks.
2. Pick him up when Fyfe breaks.
3. Perhaps next year, even though he does have the plum role. Not sure his spread is enough for him to go >75
4. Pick him if he is named and confirmed mid role. Biggest fantasy upside of the quartet.

Where does he fit when Dusty/Taranto return? I thought Bolton looked very good in the middle as well.
I think he will be one of the main 4 to rotate through their with Hopper/TT and Dusty.

From the numbers in other thread it will be Ross that gets the ass for mine.

Hawks fans...I'm loving Hustwaite! Pendles 2.0. What are your thoughts?
I have spider tingles with him. I see a brilliant player.
Will he be best 22 or used as a sub? He's too good to be a sub but I'm not sure if he's built up enough for being amongst the bigger boys of the league.

Can you play Rozee and Butters in the same side? Love them both but not sure I can bring myself to have them together.

Rolling with Brayshaw, Rozee, Butters, Walsh, Newcomb, Martin, McKercher, Sanders atm

Steele and Amon have been in my team at different times. And battling with Walsh’s bye but hard to knock back the price

Hawks fans...I'm loving Hustwaite! Pendles 2.0. What are your thoughts?
I have spider tingles with him. I see a brilliant player.
Will he be best 22 or used as a sub? He's too good to be a sub but I'm not sure if he's built up enough for being amongst the bigger boys of the league.
I love him as a prospect and think he is going to be very good at times throughout the year but probably still a year early.

Nuke, Day, Ward, Worpel, Nash, Macdonald, Mackenzie is a lot of competition for spots. Both role and JS are too risky to make him a pick unless he shows out in these 2 pre season games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you play Rozee and Butters in the same side? Love them both but not sure I can bring myself to have them together.

Rolling with Brayshaw, Rozee, Butters, Walsh, Newcomb, Martin, McKercher, Sanders atm

Steele and Amon have been in my team at different times. And battling with Walsh’s bye but hard to knock back the price
I reckon you can 100% have both Rozee and Butters given that hot early draw that Port has. I’m trying to find a way to make it happen in my own side.

Can you do it with Brayshaw as well and have all 3 out on the random bye?
I’d be hesitant to have all three given the bye issue you mentioned, but I’m not all that crash hot on Brayshaw anyway. Freo have to change something, so I’m not sure they can really afford to still have him
a) playing inside and winning less clearances than most elite mids
b) running around getting a million cheap marks that ultimately achieve very little

He does really well out of that awful slow-paced game plan the Dockers have been plying the last couple of years. Priced at 110, if they tinker with things even a little then that might end up being the limit of his range

I’d be hesitant to have all three given the bye issue you mentioned, but I’m not all that crash hot on Brayshaw anyway. Freo have to change something, so I’m not sure they can really afford to still have him
a) playing inside and winning less clearances than most elite mids
b) running around getting a million cheap marks that ultimately achieve very little

He does really well out of that awful slow-paced game plan the Dockers have been plying the last couple of years. Priced at 110, if they tinker with things even a little then that might end up being the limit of his range

That is a great shout all. Massive help!

That is a great shout all. Massive help!
Disclaimer: I get these calls spectacularly wrong on a regular basis. So make sure you take others opinions on board as well so that your fantasy season doesn’t get Zevoned! 🥴

Disclaimer: I get these calls spectacularly wrong on a regular basis. So make sure you take others opinions on board as well so that your fantasy season doesn’t get Zevoned! 🥴

HAHA! I will admit my level of bye study hasn't been enough to date, focusing more on the early byes at this point. But an easy swap from Brayshaw to Green (despite early bye) seems a solid move.

I do have Houston and Young in the DEFs at this point too, so now may be the time to think more about those byes!

Its fine to do as Zevon says. It's when you fall in the trap of following what Zevon does where you're going to have a bad time.

Its fine to do as Zevon says. It's when you fall in the trap of following what Zevon does where you're going to have a bad time.
real and true GIF

I love him as a prospect and think he is going to be very good at times throughout the year but probably still a year early.

Nuke, Day, Ward, Worpel, Nash, Macdonald, Mackenzie is a lot of competition for spots. Both role and JS are too risky to make him a pick unless he shows out in these 2 pre season games.
Thanks Slysh, hopefully he stars in both games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back