Position 2024 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think you can start Walsh now

Becoming very interested in Hewett at $669k (priced at 74).

4 sub affected games last year and he went at 94 for his L5 when the Blues were absolutely flying.

*Obvious Rd2 bye concerns. Although if you bat deep in the mids and run a M9 & M10 of say Sanders and Sharp you can stream best of those two scores and shouldn't be too much worse off.

Becoming very interested in Hewett at $669k (priced at 74).

4 sub affected games last year and he went at 94 for his L5 when the Blues were absolutely flying.

*Obvious Rd2 bye concerns. Although if you bat deep in the mids and run a M9 & M10 of say Sanders and Sharp you can stream best of those two scores and shouldn't be too much worse off.
M9 and M10 likely means you are going to have rookies elsewhere on the field scoring 40's each week (outside of the byes). First priority should be to get the highest scoring rookies on field, and right now that appears to be McKertcher, Sanders and possibly Sharp.

Could set it up so that after R2 one of those becomes an on-field rookie and you restructure elsewhere, but dangerous to try and plan that far ahead.

M9 and M10 likely means you are going to have rookies elsewhere on the field scoring 40's each week (outside of the byes). First priority should be to get the highest scoring rookies on field, and right now that appears to be McKertcher, Sanders and possibly Sharp.

Could set it up so that after R2 one of those becomes an on-field rookie and you restructure elsewhere, but dangerous to try and plan that far ahead.

I've been experimenting with something different, that essentially uses Sharp and Sanders interchangeably as the strongest rookies to cover for missing premos.

It's not bad and seems to work, so you could make the argument that having one of them on the bench means that you'll be less affected by having a premo on a bye (as you would normally be playing both of them on the field anyway).

I've been experimenting with something different, that essentially uses Sharp and Sanders interchangeably as the strongest rookies to cover for missing premos.

It's not bad and seems to work, so you could make the argument that having one of them on the bench means that you'll be less affected by having a premo on a bye (as you would normally be playing both of them on the field anyway).
I definitely think it is something that is being missed by content creators atm. The ability to loop your early bye players (Williams D6 with Coffield D7 & Curtin D8 the most obvious one). If you're not suffering too badly from missed points (could even be upside with two cracks at a score), and all three are rising in cash, it seems like the chance for a leg up in certain spots. Maybe less attractive proposition with genuine premos $800K+ but I think there's a compelling argument to take mid price guys who you trust to make money (Rd 0 role and score dependent ofc).

It's a fair point. Although my current squad only has 3 rookies in the 22 (McKercher, Reid & Windsor). I'll have a DEF loop on 2 & 3, Mid loop in 2, and FWD loop in all of 2,3,5 & 6 (where it should be beneficial).

1708426740423.png

It's a fair point. Although my current squad only has 3 rookies in the 22 (McKercher, Reid & Windsor). I'll have a DEF loop on 2 & 3, Mid loop in 2, and FWD loop in all of 2,3,5 & 6 (where it should be beneficial).

View attachment 1909546
That forward line is wild 😂

I'm looking at this too, I think there is a pathway to starting Flanders and daicos doing something like this

Even with DPP links Def & Fwd, finding a Walsh replacement is harder than I thought it was going to be.
Already have Newcombe who I feel is the most likely candidate to go 105+ at the Walsh price range.

Even with DPP links Def & Fwd, finding a Walsh replacement is harder than I thought it was going to be.
Already have Newcombe who I feel is the most likely candidate to go 105+ at the Walsh price range.
Already have/not keen on Steele?

Agree on Newc, I’m keen on his prospects.

Already have/not keen on Steele?

Agree on Newc, I’m keen on his prospects.
At this point, I'll take anyone at or under $858k that can score 100+
Initially wasn't keen as his scoring was erratic when when "back" last year (as in back in form) but I must admit, I didn't consider him and I'm not even sure he's I'm my app 😉
If I went Fyfe over Powell, Walsh could be upgraded significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this means they'll be rotating with each other mainly, or if it means a more even spread with the other mids, taking some time/CBAs from Dawson, Laird & MCrouch
Either way.. far too many options for rotations to be comfortable picking any of them. Including Laird and Dawson

Yep. Has been a staple of my draft teams over the past five or so years (named the Slack Nangs in his honour) but rarely a consideration in salary cap formats.
I wanted him last year and went with the crowd with the likes of Dunkley and Docherty. Would have been a great pick last year.

Thoughts on Patrick Cripps? Surely he is underpriced at 798k? 28 years old in his prime, Carlton look strong and a POD at under 3%?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back