Position 2024 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't been following fantasy that much this year in the lead up so I apologise if this is a noob question. But, is picking a couple of players from Carl/Bris with the aim of trading them after this week a viable strategy? Trying to capitalise on the 'double' price increase after round one.

The last couple of years I've essentially nailed my rookie picks so no swaps needed, and I don't want to sideways premiums. So the last few years the first week or two ive had no massive trade options.

I want to pick Hewett with the aim to literally jump off him after this week to get a quick cash influx and hopefully some big points vs richmond.

Anyone considering Hewett?
Hewett is in my team, but I'll be holding over the Rd2 bye. Will be looping him with Roberts/Clark.

If Hewett scores well again tonight, you won't want to get off as he'll have more cash to make in the coming weeks.

I haven't been following fantasy that much this year in the lead up so I apologise if this is a noob question. But, is picking a couple of players from Carl/Bris with the aim of trading them after this week a viable strategy? Trying to capitalise on the 'double' price increase after round one.
Its not a good idea to plan trades ahead, you never know what injuries might happen or players that score terribly, Kiddie Coleman perfect example that a lot of people were going to start. People are still picking guys with the early byes, but you need to be able to cover them if you cant trade them out
The last couple of years I've essentially nailed my rookie picks so no swaps needed, and I don't want to sideways premiums. So the last few years the first week or two ive had no massive trade options.
More than likely there will be a couple of midpricers that pop and you need to jump on, premiums or mid pricers you pick who dont score well will be your way to them
I want to pick Hewett with the aim to literally jump off him after this week to get a quick cash influx and hopefully some big points vs richmond.

Anyone considering Hewett?
As I said, its hard to plan your trades ahead, be prepared to hold him through his bye. Id go into it under the assumption im holding him, but if I have nothing better to do id then trade him

What is everyones thoughts on Riley Bonner? Surely he can score at least 75 playing on that Saints HB/Wing? thats already 25 above what he is priced at.

One fear allied for this week's byes ......I'd suggest Naicos in a similar boat

View attachment 1939988
They still come out ahead which was my worry preseason. Already up to 265 points which is about equivalent to 2 premo scores over Rd1 and 2, and a rookie score this week.

Plus you still have Green for 50k more than his starting price and don’t have to worry about finding ways to get him in.

Had him in my team all preseason. No idea why he’s not there now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Errol with an upcoming bye but with real potential to make up the difference in his next 2 fixtures whilst also being the cheapest he’ll be all year
Good shout... you'd have to make up about 55 points but it's certainly possible. Inside mids only score around their averages against Richmond and West Coast but outside mids usually have a day out.

Errol with an upcoming bye but with real potential to make up the difference in his next 2 fixtures whilst also being the cheapest he’ll be all year

Would be all over it if Heeney and Roberts weren't such great picks (and to a lesser extent Jordon) - too much cash to leave on the bench/need to trade out on their bye unfortunately.

Still undecided on getting rid of Newcombe or Young..

I really don't understand where Newcombe is going wrong. His CBAS are at 83%

I can just picture getting rid of him this week and he goes 110.

Surely he comes good..?

Surely he comes good..?
Young has had one poor game, and even that netted a 75.

If that is his floor, it's a pretty good floor for a defender. I don't understand the pessimism around him.

Young has had one poor game, and even that netted a 75.

If that is his floor, it's a pretty good floor for a defender. I don't understand the pessimism around him.

It's more about his role. I'm worried about him being used as a defensive mid, or being moved back to defense.

His first game was better but he still didn't ton up, and now he has a BE of 105.. I didn't pick him to score average mid 80s

Not sure he'll be the fantasy stud we all hoped

Surely he comes good..?
I'm in the same boat. He's not as bad as he has been. Maybe not a 105 guy that we'd like him to be but I expect him to achieve his price at least, and he can do that. But I could flip him to anyone I want this week, which is tempting when you don't really have anyone else you need to trade.

I'm curious about this as well. Green and Serong averaged 120+. Surely Gulden does as well over the next two weeks. Puts him at a $130k discount on his current price.

I'm curious about this as well. Green and Serong averaged 120+. Surely Gulden does as well over the next two weeks. Puts him at a $130k discount on his current price.
Yeah feel like he could do exactly what Greens done and make his bye redundant and by then you’ve missed his floor price too. Only issue with it has been mentioned above: another Sydney player.

Yeah feel like he could do exactly what Greens done and make his bye redundant and by then you’ve missed his floor price too. Only issue with it has been mentioned above: another Sydney player.
For sure. I've got Heeney and Gawn on the round 5 bye so I have to bank on losing 70-80 points already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back