Position 2024 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been holding firm with Laird despite people jumping ship but this doesn't fill me with confidence.

You'd think he'd just play the high half forward role pushing to the stoppage if anything. But enough to consider other options.
I agree

I suspect it’d be occasions outside the cba to allow a more dynamic mix (ie rankine/rachelle/pedlar to partner Dawson, crouch more often) before then pushing up to play as a mid (either those guys push forward as an instant swap or as a 4th mid around the ground)

Also should still be >70% cba

He’s not in my team but that’s my take on it (this isn’t why I don’t have him)

I agree

I suspect it’d be occasions outside the cba to allow a more dynamic mix (ie rankine/rachelle/pedlar to partner Dawson, crouch more often) before then pushing up to play as a mid (either those guys push forward as an instant swap or as a 4th mid around the ground)

Also should still be >70% cba

He’s not in my team but that’s my take on it (this isn’t why I don’t have him)
May Laird becomes a Mid/Forward?

Anyone else running value midfield picks? I've finally settled on my team, looks much better with Butters M1....

Struggling to see a lot of upside with the uber premiums. We know traditionally they change year to year.
Bont at M1, value picks M2-M5

Anyone else running value midfield picks? I've finally settled on my team, looks much better with Butters M1....

Struggling to see a lot of upside with the uber premiums. We know traditionally they change year to year.

Yep. Early byes really compromise some of the best mid picks (Miller, Green, Dunkley) so plan to target them off their bye using proceeds from the value picks' early cash rises. We'll see how that plan works out...

Best year to try it I guess!
My first pick was going to be (T) Green due to the fact he’s gonna improve/perhaps win a brownlow THEN I saw his run. But the early bye just kills it.
There is value in picks like:
Steele, Newcombe (?), Butters, Amon, Martin, Crouch, Wines, LDU, Holmes, Yeo, Wardlaw, Bonner, Fyfe, Hustwaite (?). Don’t think we have ever seen such an appealing set of value mids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also Durham, Setterfield, and JHF - some IMO potentially good options no one seems to be talking about.
I had a look at Setterfield, outside his first 2 of his 10 games last year he really didnt do anything to justify picking him priced at 92

Have I missed something regarding Holmes like an injury cloud or role uncertainty?

Not that I mind but how is Martin getting all the hype yet not this bloke? PPM is off the charts and only have to watch the first 2 minutes of the preseason game to see he was following the ball everywhere and should get a share of the CBAs as well

Have I missed something regarding Holmes like an injury cloud or role uncertainty?

Not that I mind but how is Martin getting all the hype yet not this bloke? PPM is off the charts and only have to watch the first 2 minutes of the preseason game to see he was following the ball everywhere and should get a share of the CBAs as well
im quietly quite big on him, I have him ahead of Wines, Amon and Crouch, but ill have to see if hes named and if there is any talk about him still being a little underdone

Current mids

Naicos
Rozee
Steele / Martin / Wines
Rookies

Setterfield is probably banana #1 at Essendon, followed by Parish, Merrett, then Durham. Very good role and JS IMO.
Idk I dont think hes ahead of Parish or Zerrett tbh, he might be though. I dont see much value at all, more value in the 700k guys that everybody is talking about imo. Priced at 92 he needs to be going 105+ to be a decent pick, so not for me

Also Durham, Setterfield, and JHF - some IMO potentially good options no one seems to be talking about.
Dont love Durham. Could be wrong though. Setterfield isn’t much value in my eyes however is a good unique!

And JHF definitely some value but comes with huge risk

Dont love Durham. Could be wrong though. Setterfield isn’t much value in my eyes however is a good unique!

And JHF definitely some value but comes with huge risk
I’m running Durham at M6. Dons gave him the third most CBAs during the praccys behind Parish and Zerrett, and are keen from reports to give him more inside time even with Parish there. At worst he’ll be fourth mid if they play Hobbs. Zerrett and Setandforgetterfield would be the top two. They’ve shunted Caldwell to HF with paltry CBAs and Tsatas probably remains on the wing

I’m running Durham at M6. Dons gave him the third most CBAs during the praccys behind Parish and Zerrett, and are keen from reports to give him more inside time even with Parish there. At worst he’ll be fourth mid if they play Hobbs. Zerrett and Setandforgetterfield would be the top two. They’ve shunted Caldwell to HF with paltry CBAs and Tsatas probably remains on the wing
Very good points - it's hard to get a read on him because he's never attended a single CBA at AFL level prior to now. My thinking though is that he's always been a very defensive player and is likely going to be that defensive mid for Essendon, hence why he only scored the 65 in the praccy despite getting 68% CBAs. I think he'll certainly improve his average but not sure about the upside for now.

25 CBA (76%) against Geelong a couple weeks ago - #1 for the team. Merrett praised him in a SEN interview post-game.
will he score enough to be a worthy pick though? Last year for the first 7 weeks he had around the 70% CBAs, he had 2 good scores, then went at 90 something avg for the rest of his games. Id wager the 90 something is closer to what we will see, lets just say 95.
3 points upside just isnt enough to be an ok pick even.
I cant see a world he sits behind Merrett or Parish in the pecking order in the midfield, he might get a few more CBAs, but the others will score more for sure

I haven't been following fantasy that much this year in the lead up so I apologise if this is a noob question. But, is picking a couple of players from Carl/Bris with the aim of trading them after this week a viable strategy? Trying to capitalise on the 'double' price increase after round one.

The last couple of years I've essentially nailed my rookie picks so no swaps needed, and I don't want to sideways premiums. So the last few years the first week or two ive had no massive trade options.

I want to pick Hewett with the aim to literally jump off him after this week to get a quick cash influx and hopefully some big points vs richmond.

Anyone considering Hewett?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back