Opinion 2024 Fantasy - Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Get rid of Gulden. He’s gonna drop significantly and he’s got a bye. However, he’s a pretty unique pick now so stick to it if you want
That's part of my thinking. He'll be far less owned now, and I have a feeling he'll go big this week. But he could flop again and be a disaster. Who knows?!?

T Stewart vs Elliot Yeo ???

T Stewart vs Elliot Yeo ???
Big cash difference, Yeo is awesome value, but Stewart safer pick. Depends what the rest of your cash gets you.
Martin v Crouch

Martin for me. Too many concerns on how Crows fit all these midfielders in and what that looks like. Martin should average a lot off half back plus get DPP in Round 6.

Teams basically set baring teams tomorrow. But i for the life on me can't decide on Jackson or Heeney, even if Jackson is solo ruck for 4 weeks im still keen on keeping him till round 6 for the ruck cover.

Surely that's giving you 20+ points each round for those 2 bye rounds over a rookie onfield making him the better pick?

He's also got a very good early run and Port and WCE round 5 and 6 which are very easy for rucks even if hes part time ruck and you know how forwards go v WCE.

Last edited:
Teams basically set baring teams tomorrow. But i for the life on me can't decide on Jackson or Heeney, even if Jackson is solo ruck for 4 weeks im still keen on keeping him till round 6 for the ruck cover.

Surely that's giving you 20+ points each round for those 2 bye rounds over a rookie onfield making him the better pick?
I am off Jackson

His scores as solo ruck last year
149 (against Darcy Fort)

Without the outlier its 92.
Chasing the early cash flow of Heeney instead with the attitude of dumping him at his bye if I have the trade.

I am off Jackson

His scores as solo ruck last year
149 (against Darcy Fort)

Without the outlier its 92.
Chasing the early cash flow of Heeney instead with the attitude of dumping him at his bye if I have the trade.
Yeah i can definitely see the bad points. But the ruck cover over the byes is whats swaying me.

Look how juicy the run is up to round 6.

jackson.png

Yeah i can definitely see the bad points. But the ruck cover over the byes is whats swaying me.
The ruck cover over the byes doesn't become relevant until Round 5 and 6.

In a world where Jackson dominates early on, you could quite easily flick Heeney over to Jackson in time for when he's needed. Or if you got particularly nifty with cash gen you could almost even upgrade Jordon to Jackson.

The ruck cover over the byes doesn't become relevant until Round 5 and 6.

In a world where Jackson dominates early on, you could quite easily flick Heeney over to Jackson in time for when he's needed. Or if you got particularly nifty with cash gen you could almost even upgrade Jordon to Jackson.
But you'd be picking him at the point where its entirely a waste, i just think they will probably average very similar to eachother while Darcy is out so why not go the upside of the cover in the rucks once he returns. But either way im sure its fine.

But you'd be picking him at the point where its entirely a waste, i just think they will probably average very similar to eachother while Darcy is out so why not go the upside of the cover in the rucks once he returns. But either way im sure its fine.
Yeh I'm currently Heeney but there is every chance I flip back to Jackson.

Same with Whitfield (currently got him) over Sheezel.

He's also got a very good early run and Port and WCE round 5 and 6 which are very easy for rucks even if hes part time ruck and you know how forwards go v WCE.
I'm currently on Heeney because he has a 120 in his price cycle and Jackson doesn't. As you mentioned above, the only real advantage Jackson has over Heeney is his ability to cover byes in rounds 5 & 6 but you're either picking him now or not at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bigger issue for me is already having Green, Sexton and Whitfield on the R3 bye.

I won't even talk about R5 either....
You and me both brother .....we'll get thru this somehow

Although, R5 scares the hell out of me

Marshall Dawson and Mackenzie vs Gawn Butters and Jackson? Leaning towards option 1 as Marshall is a safer vc/c but would appreciate anyone's thoughts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back