Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 10 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I was getting someone with great job security when I brought Curtin in last week, now it's possible he's dropped right away. Which rookies are we looking at this week? Shadeau Brain could be an option this week or next, came on in the last quarter and looked pretty good. The Brisbane board seem to in favour of him coming into the 22.
With Worrell getting injured Curtin might get a bit more of the intercept stuff.

Last edited:
Sheezel to Merrett
Roberts to Oliver

Pretty tempted by this for Monday trades. Would be down to Clohesy, Wilson and Reid on field then from a rookie stand point.

With Worrell getting injured Curtin might get a bit more off the intercept stuff.
Curtin has checked out looking at his score. Off to WA club.

white teeth troll GIF

Think I'll make my final decision on the Will Graham trade after teams come in on Thursday. If my bench is pretty much all named (hopeful about Sweet and Sanders in) I'll go with Richards, but if on the other hand a couple of guys with shaky JS are dropped (Curtin, Clark) I'll go a really safe option because I'm worried about red dots piling up during the byes.

considering bringing back fisher from Sheezel, has the half back to himself alongside mckercher and what really sells the pick to me is that hes got forward status. I can swing him forward when I trade out Reid, currently averaging more than Moore, Caldwell Macrae etc.

Just want to put out into the FanFooty ether that I strongly believe that people are making a mistake getting rid of Sheezel this week.

I understand that Sheezel has (for now) moved to a MID/FWD position. Despite this he has still averaged 80 over the last two weeks, including one match in Darwin (a stadium notoriously hard for players who are reliant on marks to score like Sheezel). Even with this position change I think that his worst case scenario for the remainder of the year is an 85 average, best case scenario he goes back to his old role and has a 115+ average. I'd have him as a 75% chance to still be a Top 6 defender for the rest of the year.

Trading Sheezel to Daicos only nets you ~ 90k, with a popular second trade being Roberts to Oliver. Essentially in this case you have spent two trades to swap one Top 6 Defender for another (Sheez to Daicos) and brought in one semi-premium (Oliver) for a rookie. If we assume that Sheezel is an 85 (remember, worst case) guy, Daicos is a 110 guy, Oliver is a 90 guy and an on-field rook is a 60, then you have improved your team by 55 points per week. Any dead rooks on the bench haven't been culled and are sitting there rotting.

If instead you go Graham > rook, Roberts > Daicos you have improved your team by 50 points per week (110 > 60) and ALSO culled a dead bench rook for another that will bring in more money (= additional future points)

Therefore in the very best case scenario (Sheezel averaging 85) I would say that the two options are approximately equal. If Sheez even goes 90 for the rest of the year you've well and truly lost on the trade.

Sorry for the essay, would love to hear people's thoughts on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just want to put out into the FanFooty ether that I strongly believe that people are making a mistake getting rid of Sheezel this week.

I understand that Sheezel has (for now) moved to a MID/FWD position. Despite this he has still averaged 80 over the last two weeks, including one match in Darwin (a stadium notoriously hard for players who are reliant on marks to score like Sheezel). Even with this position change I think that his worst case scenario for the remainder of the year is an 85 average, best case scenario he goes back to his old role and has a 115+ average. I'd have him as a 75% chance to still be a Top 6 defender for the rest of the year.

Trading Sheezel to Daicos only nets you ~ 90k, with a popular second trade being Roberts to Oliver. Essentially in this case you have spent two trades to swap one Top 6 Defender for another (Sheez to Daicos) and brought in one semi-premium (Oliver) for a rookie. If we assume that Sheezel is an 85 (remember, worst case) guy, Daicos is a 110 guy, Oliver is a 90 guy and an on-field rook is a 60, then you have improved your team by 55 points per week. Any dead rooks on the bench haven't been culled and are sitting there rotting.

If instead you go Graham > rook, Roberts > Daicos you have improved your team by 50 points per week (110 > 60) and ALSO culled a dead bench rook for another that will bring in more money (= additional future points)

Therefore in the very best case scenario (Sheezel averaging 85) I would say that the two options are approximately equal. If Sheez even goes 90 for the rest of the year you've well and truly lost on the trade.

I think every trade people make will be based on different decisions around their whole squad. I'm on Sheez to Naicos for the bye setup. If Sheezel drops in price and then goes back to the defensive role he'll be a ripper addition again snaking through the byes. Roberts is the fattened cow and prime to carve up. The byes are best 18? so carrying a red dot or two shouldn't matter too much if you can get bye structure set.

In an alternate universe, Sheezel bleeds >$100k over the next 2-3 weeks and then you pick him up after his bye when we have 3 trades per week.

Hey I’m not gay but $100k is $100k

I think every trade people make will be based on different decisions around their whole squad. I'm on Sheez to Naicos for the bye setup. If Sheezel drops in price and then goes back to the defensive role he'll be a ripper addition again snaking through the byes. Roberts is the fattened cow and prime to carve up. The byes are best 18? so carrying a red dot or two shouldn't matter too much if you can get bye structure set.
Yeah, fair call - I don't have Whitfield and have Sheez as my only Rnd 12 defender, so I'm also incentivised to keep him for my bye structure. Definitely more of an argument for it if you have multiple Rnd 12 defenders

In an alternate universe, Sheezel bleeds >$100k over the next 2-3 weeks and then you pick him up after his bye when we have 3 trades per week.

Hey I’m not gay but $100k is $100k
Hahaha true! But you'd make a lot more than just $100k by using the trade to cull rookies instead

Hahaha true! But you'd make a lot more than just $100k by using the trade to cull rookies instead
But by going sheez to a daicos/Dawson type you net bulk points plus it means Instead of trading let's say reid this week, you have that 550k for an extra week to milk whilst still netting points. That's the good thing about it.

But by going sheez to a daicos/Dawson type you net bulk points plus it means Instead of trading let's say reid this week, you have that 550k for an extra week to milk whilst still netting points. That's the good thing about it.
Yeah, fair point but at some stage you need to actually cull those bench rooks to get new ones and restart your cash gen right? Like, people can save Reid/Graham/Thomas/Campbell etc to cash in another week, but in the meantime people are trading them and bringing in Sullivan/Reville/Freijah now who will get up to that $400k+ mark in a few weeks time. The cash made by rooks doesn't actually translate to additional points until they are cashed in.

Anyway, you definitely could be right and Sheez out is the correct trade 🤷 but after a very rudimentary attempt at running the numbers I think that culling bench rooks, upgrading with that money and bringing in new cows to fatten up provides more value to your team

Trading Xerri is stupid after 1 bad game, Sheezel is an exception imo, but still might not even be the right play.
My reasoning is he will drop enough over the next few rounds I will be able to pick him back up after the byes 200k better off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back