Trades 2024 Fantasy Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going aggressive with trades this week, getting rid of 2 bye players and keeping Newcombe for one last chance.

Takes me to 4 rookies on field (3 in the MIDS and 1 in the FWD), potentially best 18 all being midpricers/premos.

If Newcombe sucks again, easy pivot to Flanders/Touk next week.

msedge_w3gShT6w1m.png

Ok, after some advice. Current team:

DEF
Stewart
NWM
Young
Z Williams
Howes

Coffield
Dean

MID
Dawson
Brayshaw
Butters
Steele
LDU
McKercher
Sanders
Reid

Roberts
Wilson

RUCK
Gawn
Grundy

Barnett

FWD
Heeney
Macdonald
Fisher
Jordon
Duursma
Windsor

Sexton
Dempsey

UTIL
Sharp

Only have 24k spare.

Need to get rid of Coffield. Would love Schoenmaker to come in but if he doesn’t I can’t jump on him given Dean likely won’t play.

Sexton on the block given the bye but he has some $ left in him I feel.

Powell, D’Ambrosio tempting but lack of funds makes it tricky. If it’s a choice of one or the other I’m leaning towards Powell.

Anyone got a suggestion?
Just my 2c but.......
Sharp and Roberts are scoring too well wo have on the bench when compared to playing Hore, Windsor. Dempsey or Sexton.

I would look at a re-structure by trading out a premo mid down to a Thomas like rookie, fielding Sharp and Roberts, then going Sexton to Powell or Cofield to Massimo
For example...
Bray 105 + Windsor/Hore 50 = 155 but no cash
Sharp 70 + Powell/Massimo 85 = 155 but with $5-600k to spend next week
or
Then next week you can do whatever you want!!

It's interesting so many are flicking Sexton. He has a Low BE and I think he bounces back and earns some decent coin still. And I'd rather field him over a rookie.

But on a bye and off a bad score so I get it. I don't think he's a must trade though. I like that I can loop Darcy Wilson and Reid with him this week

It's interesting so many are flicking Sexton. He has a Low BE and I think he bounces back and earns some decent coin still. And I'd rather field him over a rookie.

But on a bye and off a bad score so I get it. I don't think he's a must trade though. I like that I can loop Darcy Wilson and Reid with him this week
I was originally flicking him but have decided to keep him for 1 more game to see.. At most he will lose 5k and if i am lucky he will score well and kick of more cash gen.

Sexton to Powell makes too much sense to me. I'm kicking his ass to the curb while I can.
cannonball GIF

I only saw the guy 15 mins ago. I haven't had chance to ponder...
How many Norf players you got?

I just worry that when conditions, i.e. wet weather footy, highly contested game, he won't have many avenues to score.

That being said, he has the luxury of playing home games at Marvel.
Had 47 tackles last season (excl final). He has games he doesn't record a tackle, two in a row this year (that happened twice last year), but also has had a couple of 5 tackle games. Just not so sure his job is to be any sort of tackle machine, but rather be clear and available for the turnovers. Keeps his width well i reckon.

Ok, after some advice. Current team:

DEF
Stewart
NWM
Young
Z Williams
Howes

Coffield
Dean

MID
Dawson
Brayshaw
Butters
Steele
LDU
McKercher
Sanders
Reid

Roberts
Wilson

RUCK
Gawn
Grundy

Barnett

FWD
Heeney
Macdonald
Fisher
Jordon
Duursma
Windsor

Sexton
Dempsey

UTIL
Sharp

Only have 24k spare.

Need to get rid of Coffield. Would love Schoenmaker to come in but if he doesn’t I can’t jump on him given Dean likely won’t play.

Sexton on the block given the bye but he has some $ left in him I feel.

Powell, D’Ambrosio tempting but lack of funds makes it tricky. If it’s a choice of one or the other I’m leaning towards Powell.

Anyone got a suggestion?
Fisher and Coffield would go if it were my team

Hmm currently have no players in tomorrow nights game.... I need to spread my players out more so i can somewhat enjoy (hopefully) every game.

Knowing my luck though my players will suck the big one and i will hate every game.
Well said Eyeore! ;)

1711534856442.png
  • Option 1: Newcombe/Sexton > Crouch / Sharpe (or Dursma)
  • Option 2: Newcombe/Cameron > Powell / Xerri ($400K bank, allows upgrading Sexton > Crouch next week(
  • Option 3: Newcombe/Cameron > Crouch / Xerri ($200K bank)

Considering these 3 trades. Essentially ranking Crouch/Xerri/Powell/Rookie in order or priority. I like option 2, as it lets me get Crouch next week, but miss out on Sharpe/Dursma.

Thoughts? Or Should i delete my team and be done with it.

1000009287.png
I have to admit I'm still not quite getting the strategy with trading in Fantasy with 2 trades per round and the constant swings of price as opposed to Supercoach. I'm assuming I should be more willing to flick underperforming premos and/or those with high BEs at this stage to make sure I've got all the rooks in place to start earning, so someone like Libba would be on the chopping block, but then again he's got WC this week so I'm pretty sure I want to give him another week.

I've gone Sexton to D'Ambrosio at this stage which has left me with basically $0, but can't work out the other trade. Is getting in someone like Sharp to earn some coin the play? Or a higher priced cash cow like Powell? Would you do something like Wines or Houston down to one of those, then use the banked cash for your Flanders, Green types next week?

View attachment 1941390
I have to admit I'm still not quite getting the strategy with trading in Fantasy with 2 trades per round and the constant swings of price as opposed to Supercoach. I'm assuming I should be more willing to flick underperforming premos and/or those with high BEs at this stage to make sure I've got all the rooks in place to start earning, so someone like Libba would be on the chopping block, but then again he's got WC this week so I'm pretty sure I want to give him another week.

I've gone Sexton to D'Ambrosio at this stage which has left me with basically $0, but can't work out the other trade. Is getting in someone like Sharp to earn some coin the play? Or a higher priced cash cow like Powell? Would you do something like Wines or Houston down to one of those, then use the banked cash for your Flanders, Green types next week?
Yeah, that last comment is the go. If you don't have Green, target him for next week, otherwise the scope to climb the rankings diminish imo. Watch out for Arie Schoenmaker - may get a debut at Saints this week. Chase cash and points in equal measure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1711540046872.png
This is what I'm looking at doing at the moment - I think Nas has a better ceiling and St Kilda want him with ball in hand. I think Young has gone away from that a little bit. Also ticks ownership box as well as better bye round.

Would have loved to get Crouch in but no DPP availability :(

Yeah, that last comment is the go. If you don't have Green, target him for next week, otherwise the scope to climb the rankings diminish imo. Watch out for Arie Schoenmaker - may get a debut at Saints this week. Chase cash and points in equal measure.
Just a point of note on rookies priced at $200k for jdeezy . You can generally wait a week before getting on first game players based on their starting break even (25). If they pop a 60, they will only go up $20-30k the first week then you can grab them then when their BE has gone to down to negatives/0. If they get dropped, don't have the role or are just generally a potato, you've avoided burning two trades - bringing them in, then turfing them back out of your side.

Last Week's Trades: Rating 1-5
A: Jai Newcombe <-> Jack Billings [4 - Success]
B: Charlie Lazzaro <-> Archie Perkins [3 - Ok]

Week 2 Trades: 270k Bank Following Trades
A: Lachie Whitfield <-> Tom Powell
B: Alex Sexton <-> Massimo D'Ambrosio
-Trade B ensures I can trade Marty Hore or Zac Williams to Harvey Thomas if I want to next week.
You're chasing points. Just sideways trading into nothing. Powell and Ambrosio are decent trade in options but might leave you in the lurch like Billings and Perkins. You keep whit imo.

Just a point of note on rookies priced at $200k for jdeezy . You can generally wait a week before getting on first game players based on their starting break even (25). If they pop a 60, they will only go up $20-30k the first week then you can grab them then when their BE has gone to down to negatives/0. If they get dropped, don't have the role or are just generally a potato, you've avoided burning two trades - bringing them in, then turfing them back out of your side.
Agree with that Corkie, as I generally don't take Rooks on debut, but I think Arie could be the exception. He's just as likely to throw a 90 as a 19, and whilst getting on at $260k is not the worst, it better not to miss a significant initial rise if that's possible.

Last edited:
Agree with that Corkie, as I generally don't take Rooks on debut, but I think Arie could be the exception. He's just as likely to throw a 90 and a 19, and whilst getting on at $260k is not the worst, it better not to miss a significant initial rise if that's possible.
That's fair enough too, there are always exceptions to the rule. I've got dead Coffield at D7 currently so Schoenmaker coming along would definitely be welcome as I think he'll go well too. Am currently using Coffield to loop the Zilliams/Howes rather than burn a trade to go down to Pink/Draper types.

Agree with that Corkie, as I generally don't take Rooks on debut, but I think Arie could be the exception. He's just as likely to throw a 90 and a 19, and whilst getting on at $260k is not the worst, it better not to miss a significant initial rise if that's possible.
Yep... numbers pre season and in the VFL suggest he could easily chuck in a big one on debut. For this reason, if he gets a game I'll reverse my Young to Massimo trade and go Reid to Schoenmaker. It will cost me about 200K that would have been in the bank to start chasing premos, but I think the cash generation is worth it.

Alternatively, if I have some the size of basketballs, I could go Young to Schoenmaker, leaving 637K in the bank and bringing Green in range next week. Hmmm.....

1711543952462.png

Yep... numbers pre season and in the VFL suggest he could easily chuck in a big one on debut. For this reason, if he gets a game I'll reverse my Young to Massimo trade and go Reid to Schoenmaker. It will cost me about 200K that would have been in the bank to start chasing premos, but I think the cash generation is worth it.

Alternatively, if I have some the size of basketballs, I could go Young to Schoenmaker, leaving 637K in the bank and bringing Green in range next week. Hmmm.....

View attachment 1941445
I’d kill for your projected score…. Myself that is! 😂

View attachment 1941445
*Photo taken earlier of Balsam prepping for R3.
1711572338636.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back