Position 2024 Fantasy Rucks

How much impact will R0 have on determining your RUCK combo ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Round 0 sees the clash of "MATES"...... well former team mates at least GRUNDY vs GAWN. The massive plan of tag teaming Grundy with Gawn was a much heralded fail.

From a Fantasy perspective, we don't care how much Collingwood was paying of Grundy's salary, or even if any of that goes to Sydney now. We just want a durable ruck who can give a viable alternative to English or Marshall at a fraction of the cost. We are bargain hunting here! So we look first at last season:

1704599846909.png

Then Grundy's output the season before (2022):
1704599987342.png

And for good measure, the season before that (2021):
1704600165465.png

It's not a particularly deep dive. Impacts the big Cox and Darcy Cameron has had on his output could be looked at as well, but I doubt it will have a material effect on the following question:

If you are considering Brodie Grundy for your Fantasy side, what do you need to see from him in the Mates Showdown in Sydney between Grundy and Gawn on Thursday March 7th?

Last edited:

has Marshall been injured this pre-season?
I could be wrong but I swear I saw a report that he was away from the main group or rested at training. don't think it was anything too serious, probably just precautionary. him and English playing every game last year was crazy, im not sure we will have the same luck again this year. so hard to play every game as a ruck at an elite level like they do.

Think he can be a solid contributor but not sure he has the ceiling in him with Bailey Williams likely taking a chunk of rucking time off him. Probably a 70/30 split I’d imagine which will cap him
Is he an awkward get, with resting Fwd his obvious 2nd string? You guys are OK up there, especially if Waterman is back fit as the 3rd tall.

I could be wrong but I swear I saw a report that he was away from the main group or rested at training. don't think it was anything too serious, probably just precautionary. him and English playing every game last year was crazy, im not sure we will have the same luck again this year. so hard to play every game as a ruck at an elite level like they do.
He had some surgery, but is doing fine.

Is he an awkward get, with resting Fwd his obvious 2nd string? You guys are OK up there, especially if Waterman is back fit as the 3rd tall.
I just think there’s gonna be some inconsistent scoring from him. He’ll have some huge games but I think he will also have some quiet games. And let’s be real here, resting forward playing for the eagles ain’t exactly glamorous….

I just think there’s gonna be some inconsistent scoring from him. He’ll have some huge games but I think he will also have some quiet games. And let’s be real here, resting forward playing for the eagles ain’t exactly glamorous….
If he can play without BWill, yes he'll have some huge games - but with him........? Just can't see it. BWill had what, 5, 6, 7 was it, tons for the season? Is Flynn good enough to out-select BWill? I doubt it.

If he can play without BWill, yes he'll have some huge games - but with him........? Just can't see it. BWill had what, 5, 6, 7 was it, tons for the season? Is Flynn good enough to out-select BWill? I doubt it.
Flynn should get more hitouts and marks than Williams. The question will be how much time he spends on ground and how effective he is. Neither are going to be as good at marking as Allen, Darling, Waterman, Barrass, McGovern, etc.

Had 5 tons - was in my Draft team, lucky me. Went Ok, but a couple of shockers here and there too...
1705909695399.png

Xerri to miss a whole block of training after getting his face reinforced. He’s no longer in my calculations.
It's his face, not his limbs - won't miss much

It's his face, not his limbs - won't miss much
Goneski.

Couldn’t get him out fast enough.

Just reminded me of how brittle he is.

PTSD is real man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is he’s been R1 in match sim while Soldo been training with the forwards. Not sure what to make of that just yet
Sweet was impressive at VFL last season I reckon, just needs the opportunity. He's my luxury R3 at this stage

Last edited:
Word is he’s been R1 in match sim while Soldo been training with the forwards. Not sure what to make of that just yet

Soldo has been held back from any contact so far due to a finger injury he carried over from Rich and had surgery on.

Was expected to be out of contact training until the end of the month. Expect that’s the only reason he’s been sitting forward so would think he’ll retake the first ruck spot next month.

Too early to read anything into him playing forward.

Conway still likely to play?
He's my R3 at the moment.
They have to get games into him, otherwise Stanley and Blic could leave them wanting at any time.....

Long enough for Jackson to bottom out
Nice! DPP too. He (Darcy) managed 13 games and 2 sub outs last season - longer than I thought.

Nice! DPP too. He (Darcy) managed 13 games and 2 sub outs last season - longer than I thought.

Darcy was a great pick. It was just unfortunate that English's improvement covered Darcy's improvement.

I'm looking at picking Jackson up at some point. Just not at his starting price with Darcy in the side.

Back