Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Announced in the commentary that concussion was confirmed.

You could tell ... Sitting on the bench, he looked like he had just gone 12 rounds with Tim Tszyu!

SMALL forward Jed McEntee will miss Port Adelaide's Round 2 clash against Richmond after entering concussion protocols.

Tom Scully will be assessed this week after sustaining a lateral knee sprain during Saturday's SANFL trial game at Thebarton Oval.

Scully underwent scans on Monday which showed no major structural damage, with the key forward hoping to prove his fitness for Friday night.

Injury list

Tom Scully (knee) - test
Jed McEntee (concussion protocols)
Tom McCallum (ankle) - 3-4 weeks
Ollie Lord (knee/tibia) - 7-9 weeks
Hugh Jackson (hip) - 12-14 weeks

Video also says Jones should be ok from his corky.

Was watching videos of his trip to the states with Boak, the PT had him change his running style, looked rather weird to me. Hope it’s not contributing to his hamstring issues now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 weeks in the minimum for even the most minor strains. He injured it Friday. He was never going to play
I think he pulled up tight after the game against WC. Minor hamstrings are still usually 21 days so was always stretch to player after one week off if it's coming up as a strain on imaging.

I think he pulled up tight after the game against WC. Minor hamstrings are still usually 21 days so was always stretch to player after one week off if it's coming up as a strain on imaging.
He did and yet trained both sessions Tuesday and Thursday. The injury mismanagement continues.

Josh Carr said the other day he pulled up tight after the game, then he trained Tuesday and said again he didn’t feel right, then he trained AGAIN on Thursday.

Negligence of the highest order from the club, genuinely pathetic. No doubt added an extra week or two to his lay off.

Josh Carr said the other day he pulled up tight after the game, then he trained Tuesday and said again he didn’t feel right, then he trained AGAIN on Thursday.

Negligence of the highest order from the club, genuinely pathetic. No doubt added an extra week or two to his lay off.
Was it full training in both instances or doing light work away from the group?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back