List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Hayward is a need if we see Rachele and Rankine as full time midfielders.
What was said was that Fog basically plays the same role as Hayward .....our need is more another KPF, IMO

I still think Curtin could be that mobile CHF .....that role, Buddy Franklin played .....Thilthorpe FF, and Fog the 3rd tall

Put a fleet of quick smalls at their feet .....if you didn't see Darcy Jones play on the weekend, WOW .....you'll see what a super quick player can do in breaking apart team defences

What was said was that Fog basically plays the same role as Hayward .....our need is more another KPF, IMO
Wait what? Hayward is a mobile, pressuring medium marking forward, not exactly a like-for-like with Fog

That’s without even bringing up the fact we have Welsh coming next year

I still think Curtin could be that mobile CHF .....that role, Buddy Franklin played .....Thilthorpe FF, and Fog the 3rd tall

Put a fleet of quick smalls at their feet .....if you didn't see Darcy Jones play on the weekend, WOW .....you'll see what a super quick player can do in breaking apart team defences
Nah, Hayward plays very different style to Fogarty.

Who claims they play a similar role?

When is crouch out of contract?

I honest think north should be chasing him, big body, hard worker and proven performer (even if he is limited).

He can get the Inside ball while the younger kids develop. Would do a lot better than some of their current leaders, god they are a mess.

The point was that the premiers saw fit to give a player a crack

Didn't work out in this case but it's what good clubs do

John Noble did

Turn over every stone

Posters don't want the AFC to take 3 players in the midseason draft because there are DEFINITELY 3 absolute stars there begging to be picked

And it's no egg on the club's face if the players we take end up not making it
Oh, I agree.

I just think the poster was saying that all the folks losing their s**t over the club not taking Carmichael - well, that was a bit silly.

BUT we have to pull every lever in order to find players. Absolutely we should be taking two players, minimum.

The talent North has accumulated into that club over the last 2 years is next level. It would not surprise me if within the next 2 seasons they are pushing finals. Its easy to laugh now but they will fly past us. Superior midfield, they will have a better forward line. We have holes in both and but a great backline. St Kilda I think are not confident in their list. Thats why they are about to splash the cash and go all in on a single player.
I have been making that point for a while..when their top end kids get proper AFL fit look out

Oh, I agree.

I just think the poster was saying that all the folks losing their s**t over the club not taking Carmichael - well, that was a bit silly.
But that's the whole point

It wasn't silly

Sitting out of drafts as we've done in the past, or picking the old guy before Carmichael like we did who was no chance of ever playing a game (and was instantly delisted). That's silly.

Heck, Collingwood have still got him on their list. Even their misses kick our butt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The talent North has accumulated into that club over the last 2 years is next level. It would not surprise me if within the next 2 seasons they are pushing finals. Its easy to laugh now but they will fly past us. Superior midfield, they will have a better forward line. We have holes in both and but a great backline. St Kilda I think are not confident in their list. Thats why they are about to splash the cash and go all in on a single player.
North have focussed on building their midfield, but have ignored the rest of the side with their high picks. They will have an amazing group of on ballers, but the worst defence in the league. They will struggle to push too far up the ladder until they improve their defence significantly.

North have focussed on building their midfield, but have ignored the rest of the side with their high picks. They will have an amazing group of on ballers, but the worst defence in the league. They will struggle to push too far up the ladder until they improve their defence significantly.

Defence is one of the easiest areas of the game to build because you can fill it with second and third round draft picks and with a good structure it can hold up really well. Its the forward line and midfield that are the hardest. This year they will finish low and probably look at more KPP. But thats a list i that will be pretty exciting in the future.

When is crouch out of contract?

I honest think north should be chasing him, big body, hard worker and proven performer (even if he is limited).

He can get the Inside ball while the younger kids develop. Would do a lot better than some of their current leaders, god they are a mess.
North would be better off chasing someone like Butts as they badly need a key defender... & another key forward.

North would be better off chasing someone like Butts as they badly need a key defender... & another key forward.
Well to be honest they should be chasing 3-4 senior players.

A key defender, a back general in the Hodge roll, a big bodied mid like crouch and try to win some bloody games.

Wait what? Hayward is a mobile, pressuring medium marking forward, not exactly a like-for-like with Fog

That’s without even bringing up the fact we have Welsh coming next year
Weird opinions recently old Wayne.
Hayward a half back. Or a forward like Fog.
Curtin a CHF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back