Official Club Stuff 2024 Membership Tally as 17th May *101,724

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers Drinks GIF

1714364683125.png
  • We have doubled our membership since 2017
  • We have grown at ~10% a year in that time
  • We were about 30-40% below the top clubs several years ago, we are now about 10% behind (and catching)
  • While overall AFL membership has grown in recent years, we have grown MUCH quicker
  • In 2017, we accounted for 5.5% of total AFL club memberships (1 in 18). We now account for 7.5% (1 in 13)
Despite our huge fanbase, we were so far behind on membership size. Yes, we were crap on the field for 25 years, but it was more than that. I think we had really poor fan engagement on top of a lack of clear corporate/marketing vision.

All those things have improved in recent years. And if we make it far into finals with our current squad, we could/should be right at the pointy end of membership bases.

Last edited:
I'd like to give a shout out to Cain Liddle for the membership rise in recent years. The growth really started under his watch and has continued under Cooky.

I don't think Liddle had the football props for the CEO position, but he was a skilled marketing/sales guy and I think he did wonders for us in that space; membership growth, fan engagement, social media, corporate sponsorships and non-football income/deals all grew under his watch.

If he'd been recruited just for the commercial side rather than overall CEO, he might still be there kicking goals.

Note: Not intending to start a sh!tfight over historical management/board issues. Just wanted to add my 2c. Happy if others disagree. Let's leave this thread to bask in the 100K barrier celebrations.

I'd like to give a shout out to Cain Liddle for the membership rise in recent years. The growth really started under his watch and has continued under Cooky.

I don't think Liddle had the football props for the CEO position, but he was a skilled marketing/sales guy and I think he did wonders for us in that space; membership growth, fan engagement, social media, corporate sponsorships and non-football income/deals all grew under his watch.

If he'd been recruited just for the commercial side rather than overall CEO, he might still be there kicking goals.

Note: Not intending to start a sh!tfight over historical management/board issues. Just wanted to add my 2c. Happy if others disagree. Let's leave this thread to bask in the 100K barrier celebrations.
Have to give kudos where it's due. That was his super power and he used it to success with us. Like we shouldn't kick Bolton for what he did with some of our youngsters and kick starting some professionalism and personal growth and development.

View attachment 1974435
  • We have doubled our membership since 2017
  • We have grown at ~10% a year in that time
  • We were about 30-40% below the top clubs several years ago, we are now about 10% behind (and catching)
  • While overall AFL membership has grown in recent years, we have grown MUCH quicker
  • In 2017, we accounted for 5.5% of total AFL club memberships (1 in 18). We now account for 7.5% (1 in 13)
Despite our huge fanbase, we were so far behind on membership size. Yes, we were crap on the field for 25 years, but it was more than that. I think we had really poor fan engagement on top of a lack of clear corporate/marketing vision.

All those things have improved in recent years. And if we make it far into finals with our current squad, we could/should be right at the pointy end of membership bases.

1714374592310.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back