Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Smilie looks so much like Tom Green, & perfectly rounds out our midfield.

I honestly think he’ll go number one.

There hasn’t been a big inside mid come through the ranks that is as well developed and as well rounded, at the same age. Cripps didn’t have the best tank and wasn’t as agile as Smillie, while Green doesn’t have the same sort of athleticism as Smillie.

I think Smith is more likely to go closer to 10 than 1 personally.

I don't think he has the unique aspects to his game that Smillie and O'Sullivan do.

Smillie has his body size and athleticism, O'Sullivan is almost like a "makes it look easy" mercurial and classy in the same way that McCluggage and Kelly are.

At 181cm you'd want to be Rowell or Wardlaw or McKercher in terms of your power and athleticism to go right up the top.

He's a massive accumulator, but he's not a beast by any means. Sanders was a better prospect last year imo as a death by a thousands cuts type.

Last edited:
Before the injury Sid Draper was one the I was most keen on. So well rounded, uses the ball well can kick a goal.

Wining your states MVP as an underager is no mean feat. Just still have PTSD from drafting anyone from South Adelaide.

How about some of those tall forwards hey
Good Idea Hello GIF by 99.1 The Mix

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we please draft an Isaac Kako or Malaka Champion or some small foward that is clever, can crumb and kicks goals?
Smille is my obvious choice for our 1st pick but a Jagga, Moraes, Draper, Lalor, O'Sullivan, Johnson, Gross and the list of midfielders goes on and on - unless we get rid of the million and one midfielders we have on the list, where the hell do you want play these under 185cm players?
Even Jonty Faull would be considered undersize as a KPF or Trainor at KPD (unless they have growth spurts this year)....take a punt on the Whitlock twins, Sam Buck or O'Farrell?
Arrrgh...rant over

Could we please draft an Isaac Kako or Malaka Champion or some small foward that is clever, can crumb and kicks goals?
Smille is my obvious choice for our 1st pick but a Jagga, Moraes, Draper, Lalor, O'Sullivan, Johnson, Gross and the list of midfielders goes on and on - unless we get rid of the million and one midfielders we have on the list, where the hell do you want play these under 185cm players?
Even Jonty Faull would be considered undersize as a KPF or Trainor at KPD (unless they have growth spurts this year)....take a punt on the Whitlock twins, Sam Buck or O'Farrell?
Arrrgh...rant over
This all depends on whether we can afford to pass up on the highest-touted talent for positional needs. In other words, is it a S U P E R D R A F T ?

Arrrgh...rant over
Trainor is mate’s with my son. He’s 196 and has a fair leap. I hope we pick him up. Think he will go before our 2nd round pick though.

Trainor is mate’s with my son. He’s 196 and has a fair leap. I hope we pick him up. Think he will go before our 2nd round pick though.
Doubt Luke will be around at pick #22 and beyond...if his futures game is to go by, now at 196, grow another 2-3cms, he could turn out to be a high first rounder in this years midfielder laden draft!!
Welsh is tied to Adelaide.
Cochran to Swans.
Mraz, O'Farrell, Faull, Shanahan and the Whitlock twins will be fun to watch along with Trainor...that's if we decide to take a tall with our 2nd pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back