Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Doubt Luke will be around at pick #22 and beyond...if his futures game is to go by, now at 196, grow another 2-3cms, he could turn out to be a high first rounder in this years midfielder laden draft!!
Welsh is tied to Adelaide.
Cochran to Swans.
Mraz, O'Farrell, Faull, Shanahan and the Whitlock twins will be fun to watch along with Trainor...that's if we decide to take a tall with our 2nd pick.
Yep think you are right on Luke. Shame, he’s a BFNAAK.

I don’t much about the Whitlock twins, they 196+?

Yep think you are right on Luke. Shame, he’s a BFNAAK.

I don’t much about the Whitlock twins, they 196+?
Yep, like the McKay brothers and King's, one is around 197+ and the other 199+, one plays forward (Jack/199+cm) and the other back (Matt/197+cm)..a mate who knows the boys since they were young in Shepp reckons Jack's ahead of Matt in terms of a footballer but very competitive boys and playing Vic Country plus Coates will them help them both.

Yep, like the McKay brothers and King's, one is around 197+ and the other 199+, one plays forward (Jack/199+cm) and the other back (Matt/197+cm)..a mate who knows the boys since they were young in Shepp reckons Jack's ahead of Matt in terms of a footballer but very competitive boys and playing Vic Country plus Coates will them help them both.
Awesome. Hopefully, if we are in the hunt, this time we get the good one.
I can’t see using our round one on another midfielder, unless it’s Smillie…..looks a jet to me. Perfect for us.
Just like last year though, would love a couple more first rounders. Hope we don’t need em given to us.

Any more Zane Duursma types?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yes.

Jobe Shanahan from Moama. He's not aligned to a NSW academy.

Less mercurial than Duursma, but an extremely strong overhead threat for a 192cm hybrid forward.

Will probably go in or around the top 10..

Harry O'Farrell at Calder is probably the other big watch from North's perspective. He will probably be the first KPP read out on draft night and he's a KPD to boot. Could go as high as the top 5 with a good season. He missed most of last year, so won't feature in a heap of media at the moment.

Its hard to find a hole in the side now IMO.
Yes our guys are young but the high amount of first rounders into the side has let us to pick guys that need time to develop vs just not good picks.
Maybe we need another interceptor, tall forward or medium sized defender.
But with Hardiman and George coming on, its going to be hard to tell.
I'd love another small forward, someone who sticks at the packs and takes hangers.
Bobby Hill/Bedford type who loves a tackle would be amazing for us!

Could we please draft an Isaac Kako or Malaka Champion or some small foward that is clever, can crumb and kicks goals?
Google what Malaka means lol..

Malakai on the other hand, I coached the kid when he was 14 years old and even back then he was lightning quick and super freakish.

Google what Malaka means lol..

Malakai on the other hand, I coached the kid when he was 14 years old and even back then he was lightning quick and super freakish.
LoL..it was on purpose. Malakai might not be a malaka but he better get use to it if he's going to play in Melbourne.
Dunno where he's going to fall but we definately need exceptionally talented small foward!

We’re desperate for talls - should work out a way of getting them both.

If they are likely to go 2nd round that’s probably our sweet spot for talls this year.

Noah Mraz and Luke Trainor are my two ones to watch as far as KP’s go. Every year there is 1 or 2 that push well up into the top 15. I think the two of them have the right athletic traits and height to be around that mark.

Isaac Kako is another who I think pushes that top 5 comes years end. He is like a energiser bunny and has a big full of tricks. Going to be interesting to see if he spends much time in the midfield this year or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes our guys are young but the high amount of first rounders into the side has let us to pick guys that need time to develop vs just not good picks.
I'd love another small forward, someone who sticks at the packs and takes hangers.
Hard to find a hole??? Tall defenders? Small forward? Big bodied mids? Second tall forward?

I didn’t watch either of the games but had a couple of reports from mates who attended the Knights-Jets game and the Dragons-Cannons game. So I’ll just touch on a couple of the stand outs.

Knights

Zac Johnson
was everywhere through the midfield doing it on the inside and outside. Pushed hard between the arcs and was neat with his disposal.

Tom Simms was pivotal inside forward 50 for the knights. Kicked 5 goals from 7 marks, but handed off a few goals as well so could’ve easily had 6 or 7. The jets just didn’t have an answer for him. At 199cm he is one to watch.

Jets

Luca Grego lead from the front with 22 disposals, 6 tackles and a goal. Worked really hard in an under gunned midfield.

Lucas Impey 196cm ruckman, in the Xerri mould. Undersize in height but very physical. Battled hard and had close to 20 disposals and a stack of hitouts.

Dragons

Taj Hotton
BOG performance, worked well between the arcs, classy disposal but missed a few opportunities in front of goal kicking 0.3.

Luke Trainor the potential top 10-15 was an aerial presence all day. Clunking 7 marks. Was stationed all across the ground (not just key defence) Got up the ground as well and had a number of neat inside 50’s. So much to like about the potential of this kid!

Levi Ashcroft played a bit more up forward and on the wing. Kicked a couple of goals, broke the game open when he got out in space. Highlighted why he is rated inside the top 5.

Nathanial Sulzberger plenty of good moments for this kid. Dynamic player who can be really damaging. Tackles hard and plays with a bit of flair.

Cannons

Isaac Kako kicked 2 goals and was Calders most dangerous player inside forward 50. Wasted a few disposals trying to do too much. Pushed up into the midfield at times but didn’t have a tonne of impact.

Jayden Nguyen calder’s best, but at times struggled to compete with the height and maturity of the Dragons midfield, at times was a bit rushed with his disposal.

2x KPF
1x Big bodied explosive mid
1x KPB
2x pressure/crumbing forwards
1x developing ruck

We still have massive holes IMO.

Fascinating. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back