NRL 2024 NRL Supercoach - ✨League Code: 958710 ✨

Remove this Banner Ad

Its the new year and im already getting stuck into planning. Ive made a plan team for each format and im fairly comfortable with my selections and the salary cap as a whole.

Firstly, my SC. I've pushed the salary cap a bit as im relying on cheapies like Cartwright & Dunster who are really just placeholders at this stage. Im hoping cheap options appear or i will need a restructure. The other cheapies on my bench im fairly confident in - as confident as i can be at this stage anyway.

I've identified value in the 2rFs and that has allowed me to grab a strong set of halves and 5/8s. Centres/wings almost always present the most opportunity for cows so ive gone down that road.

8.5k itb
Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 7.30.30 pm.png

Fantasy

• Loaded up on reliable mids
  • Bargain halves
  • Cheap centres and WFBs
  • Very few PODs

12k itb
Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 7.30.04 pm.png

DT

• Strong FrFs
  • Mix of strength and value in 2rFs
  • Gun and bargain halves
  • Cheap CTRs & WFBs
  • Lots of DPP flexibility
  • Hoping to lock in the points with the gun FrFs and halves
  • Minimal PODs as well

50.9k itb
Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 7.39.07 pm.png

So im pretty happy with these currently. There isnt too much point putting together teams this early but it is good to get a feel for the salary cap before the pre season.

View attachment 1882950
tried to stay away from the early byes as much as possible
Nice team. I ended up dropping Hynes down to CHT. Im not taking too much notice of the byes yet but i dont think i will mind taking players with an early bye unless i have multiple guns from that team. For instance, im currently deciding whether i take both Tino & J.Campbell because of the early bye. I think im comfortable going with both but i wouldnt be comfortable with any extra players.

Ill admit this would take a lot of fixture analysis but there may be a benefit to taking players from a team with a very early bye. This probably only applies for the first 3 or 4 max rounds, but to start the season you should have the healthiest team because you should have picked a full playing team. Later in the season, the injury toll is likely to start adding up so having players with a bye in a later round may negatively impact your team. Of course the counter argument is that later in the season you should have upgraded your team so when the byes come you should be able to cover with higher scorers than you would to start the season.

So, i think my point is probably that i would be less inclined to take multiple players from teams with their first bye between rounds 4 & 7 than between rounds 1 & 3. This is because injuries are likely to start mounting up, there is also less time between their first bye & their second for those 4 teams. Finally, you probably wont have upgraded too much of your team by round 4 so the bye will still test your depth anyway.

Anyway, thats my analysis. I can definitely see the point in avoiding byes early but i guess there are always counter arguments too.

We've got 6/20 positions filled in Bigfooty League 1. Its a good start but hopefully we can fill the league quite quickly and potentially get a 2nd league going too. So if you see this, and you havent already done so, please make sure you join.

Cheers to WaynesWorld19 for doing the banner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My take on the first game.
Pappy looked good in the first half.
Xerri looks like a must have.
Salmon is a real sneaky choice if he gets the start lock spot.
Sam Hughes looked good when he played but may only be a bench player.
Knight is a definite NO.
Burton is a clear NO if Hutchinson gets the 7.

Last edited:
All stars game.
Only saw last 50 minutes so my take could be slightly off.

The best Mitchell was Shaq. Hope he gets more game time this year at Souffs.
Hynes is still a scoring machine.
Be interesting if Williston can score a bench spot at the broncos.
Think I’m going to be suckered into Tapine again.
Howarth might actually play the Storm this year.

And the injury niggles already start.
Piakura has 1-2 week MCL
Bradley has a hamstring problem
Fifita out a month.
Schuster also out round 1 (trap avoided for many)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back