Training 2024 Pre-season training

Remove this Banner Ad

Our pre-season match sim highlight videos are definitely on the lighter end, along with Melbourne who seem to have a pretty average media team.

Most teams put up at least 5mins, with teams like Norf, Blues, Tigers and Hawks putting up 10 min match sim highlights videos, some with the highlights labelled with the player involved.

Overall the Saints probably have the worst digital content, hardly any videos posted over pre-season. Suppose it’s unsurprising with Ross locking that joint down.
Pretty sure tigers even posted their whole match sim one arvo, definitely room for improvement - I mean it’s obviously all being filmed so surely not hard (probably easier?) to just post one or two a year for people who want to watch it,

I dunno the club probably doesn’t realise we want that s**t tbh, someone send an email 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be delisted by one of the worst teams in the modern era doesn't give much confidence as to what he could add to us. VFL maybe?
Could go the other way in that maybe he couldn’t develop as necessary in such a poor environment - especially as a bit of a project player type.

But yeah he definitely hasn’t shown anything close to AFL ability, but got a bit of talent. I’d be fine to add him to the VFL list.

We’re actually a great environment for young indigenous kids now with great & inspiring leaders like Jones and Marra. Remarkable turn around in a couple of years

Could go the other way in that maybe he couldn’t develop as necessary in such a poor environment - especially as a bit of a project player type.

But yeah he definitely hasn’t shown anything close to AFL ability, but got a bit of talent. I’d be fine to add him to the VFL list.

We’re actually a great environment for young indigenous kids now with great & inspiring leaders like Jones and Marra. Remarkable turn around in a couple of years
With the influx of talent Norf has brought in over the last 2 years someone had to make way.
Doesn't mean he was totally crap, just that he wasn't seen to be as good as the talent they were bringing in.

From Chris Doerre's 2020 phantom draft. Had him linked to us.

He eventually went at pick 42. Played 12 games at North, six of them in 2023.
58. Western Bulldogs - Phoenix Spicer
Height, Weight:
173cm, 64kg
Profile: Arguably this year's fastest, Spicer takes on the game with ball in hand like no other in this draft, possessing elite speed and agility. With his athletic attributes and how instinctive his play is and one-touch he is at ground level, he possesses intriguing scope to develop as a crumbing forward.

If he gets a VFL gig good on him. For the AFL, we picked up Aiden O'Driscoll for his very similar traits.
Great chance to reignite a career by heading to footscray. Hopefully for his sake he smashes it and gets picked up by someone mid year, as Bulldogs85 Has said small forward is one of the hardest roles in AFL and no harder team to play as a forward for then North.

If he gets a VFL gig good on him. For the AFL, we picked up Aiden O'Driscoll for his very similar traits.
Happy to keep rotating these types with the last few spots on the list til we hit gold, it happens with the small forwards and we’ve spent pretty big there so can’t use any more high draft picks for a while.

Much prefer that strategy than using those spots on McComb types, eventually you’ll find an afl level small forward who grabs their opportunity

Happy to keep rotating these types with the last few spots on the list til we hit gold, it happens with the small forwards and we’ve spent pretty big there so can’t use any more high draft picks for a while.

Much prefer that strategy than using those spots on McComb types, eventually you’ll find an afl level small forward who grabs their opportunity
We quickly forget that at one stage McComb was one of those promising late bloomers who had been quite prolific in the VFL. Not really a small forward but maybe they thought he could have been moulded into one if he wasn't up to being a midfielder. We gave him a decent chance and it didn't work out, but at least nobody died wondering.

The criticism on the McComb experiment is usually that we kept him on the list for too long, but I was surprised to see that he only played two seasons. Must admit it felt like more than that by the middle of last year.

Lachie Sullivan was stiff when you compare him with McComb. He seemed like a much better player but never got the chance, possibly because they were similar types and we'd already been burned by the McComb experience. I hope Lachie can make a name for himself at Collingwood.

We quickly forget that at one stage McComb was one of those promising late bloomers who had been quite prolific in the VFL. Not really a small forward but maybe they thought he could have been moulded into one if he wasn't up to being a midfielder. We gave him a decent chance and it didn't work out, but at least nobody died wondering.
I certainly wouldn’t have died wondering if he was delisted at the end of 2022 (and I didn’t need to see 15 games to get there).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back