List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Take this with a touch of a grain of salt at the moment, but a little birdy has told me we are into a player which, if a trade was to go through, and he landed at North, would be one of the most ironic trades in the history of trading.

Aaron Cadman.
Cadman would be perfect for us

Happy for him to be our number 1 trade target next year

Next year not a terrible thought at trading out first out if the reported mid heavy, top end 24' draft pans out. We now have a glut of bonafide mids and half fowards/half backs who can rotate through the guts and really no longer priority area. Would be certainly open to trading for a big FA or OOC player. Wouldn't mind us going hard for someone like Ben King, would happily throw in a future first as well tbh for someone like him. Cadman would be good but largely unproven at this stage. Ideally someone with a few years in an AFL system under their belts

Comparing our ins and outs this year:

Bonar - Pink
Cunners - McKercher
Edwards - Goad

Goldy -Nyuon
Hall - Hardeman
Howe - Fisher
Mahony - Stephens

McKay - Wil Dawson
Perez - Duursma
Spicer - Maley
Turner -
Young -
Ziebs -

Granted they are not exactly like for like so a direct comparison is impossible. Do you think we are ahead based on 2023 output? Other than McKay (who is often injured) who else would have still made an impact playing on next year, had they stayed?
Green - we have improved
Blue-Unsure
Orange - not as good on exposed form

Turner, Young and Ziebs offer nothing more for 2024 in a playing capacity

I would be going after one of King or Cadman. With King being the preference, but obviously less likely.

I would trade our first pick for either.

We might be a breakout team this year with a big hole at CHF that might be appealing if the rest of the midfield/fwd lines start to look elite.

I think every Victorian club will have a crack at King, and yes we have the Clarko factor and an exciting list, but realistically don’t think we stand much of a chance competing against the big clubs or even the Aints for that matter.

Therefore I’d go all in on Cadman. We’re probably the first ones to have got into his ear, suits our age demographic, he’s played against a lot of our current kids ( Sheez and both Georges ) plus he’s a country boy who I don’t think would be too fussed about the razzle dazzle of the “bigger clubs”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Next year not a terrible thought at trading out first out if the reported mid heavy, top end 24' draft pans out. We now have a glut of bonafide mids and half fowards/half backs who can rotate through the guts and really no longer priority area. Would be certainly open to trading for a big FA or OOC player. Wouldn't mind us going hard for someone like Ben King, would happily throw in a future first as well tbh for someone like him. Cadman would be good but largely unproven at this stage. Ideally someone with a few years in an AFL system under their belts

Plenty of father sons and academy picks too.

Id be trading out of the top 10 for sure.

Black check Sam Taylor next year?

I think every Victorian club will have a crack at King, and yes we have the Clarko factor and an exciting list, but realistically don’t think we stand much of a chance competing against the big clubs or even the Aints for that matter.

Therefore I’d go all in on Cadman. We’re probably the first ones to have got into his ear, suits our age demographic, he’s played against a lot of our current kids ( Sheez and both Georges ) plus he’s a country boy who I don’t think would be too fussed about the razzle dazzle of the “bigger clubs”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I generally agree, but the only potential advantage that we could have is if the youngsters look really good next year. If they look like they are on the verge of being a dominant side with an all-time stacked midfield and a dominant forward to play next to.

It's not super likely, and even still it likely appeals more to Cadman, but it's probably our only shot at King.

The talent is there but it would have to click this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be going after one of King or Cadman. With King being the preference, but obviously less likely.

I would trade our first pick for either.

We might be a breakout team this year with a big hole at CHF that might be appealing if the rest of the midfield/fwd lines start to look elite.
JUH is the other KPF out of contract

throw big money at all 3, take whichever says yes first

I'd be shocked if Clarko and Todd haven't already got a KPF and CHB in mind for next off season. They will know that the current defence is a fair way off a top 4 defence in quality. I assume that it is why Clarko made the effort to meet with Curtin and his family. It is not for now, it is for later on if the opportunity arises.

Lets face it, we aren't getting a Ben King ahead of the likes of the 'big 4' w***ers or even Geelong with their dodgy 3rd party deals. Sydney are getting JUH and McDonald is off to Freo. If we want a KPF lets focus solely on Cadman and let him feel the love. Everyone else will be into King and JUH so that is our opportunity. Use our first rounder which will likely be picks 1-4 and should be enough given comparative trades.

Would be happy to use a future first to bring in the KPD that we need as well. Melbournes fortunes changed when they brought in May and Lever. Lets face it, two plug and play pillars are worth more to us then another couple of high end picks. Love McKercher but surely we can't draft any more mids in the first round for a few years.

GREATER Western Sydney has opened contract talks with No.1 pick Aaron Cadman as the Giants look to lock in the young forward to a new deal.

Cadman, who played 12 games in his debut season, had focused on settling into Sydney and the club in his first year before turning his mind to contract discussions.

However the club is now in negotiations with Cadman on an extension past the end of 2024. Generally, the top draft picks have signed on for an extra two seasons on top of their initial two-year deals.

The 19-year-old Cadman shot up the draft ranks in 2022 as the Giants leapfrogged other clubs to ensure they could get their hands on the Greater Western Victoria Rebels product as the No.1 pick.

The left-footer made his AFL debut in Gather Round against Hawthorn with his final game of the season coming against the Western Bulldogs in round 20.

Vd7tSoRM.jpg

00:43
Apr 16 2023

Cadman's first ever goal one to remember for Giants​

No.1 draft selection Aaron Cadman grabs his first major on debut in exciting signs for GWS fans
Cadman said last week he would use missing selection for the Giants' finals series as motivation heading into his second pre-season.

His manager Julian Petracca, from Hemisphere Management Group, told Gettable in October that Cadman had been comfortable holding off on his contract decision as he got through his first season.

"Us and the club are really aligned with where it's at. For 'Cads', it was a big move. To get to pick No.1, he came out of the blocks and came from nowhere. For him, that was a bit of a challenge, learning to deal with the pressures of that," he said.

"He's also still developing in his role of being a key forward. It was only last year that he started playing that role. He just wanted to get through that, get through pre-season, play a game, develop and put the contract to the side."

Elijah Tsatas, Jhye Clark and Mattaes Phillipou are the other top-10 picks from the 2022 crop who have yet to sign on beyond 2024.

GREATER Western Sydney has opened contract talks with No.1 pick Aaron Cadman as the Giants look to lock in the young forward to a new deal.

Cadman, who played 12 games in his debut season, had focused on settling into Sydney and the club in his first year before turning his mind to contract discussions.

However the club is now in negotiations with Cadman on an extension past the end of 2024. Generally, the top draft picks have signed on for an extra two seasons on top of their initial two-year deals.

The 19-year-old Cadman shot up the draft ranks in 2022 as the Giants leapfrogged other clubs to ensure they could get their hands on the Greater Western Victoria Rebels product as the No.1 pick.

The left-footer made his AFL debut in Gather Round against Hawthorn with his final game of the season coming against the Western Bulldogs in round 20.

No.1 draft selection Aaron Cadman grabs his first major on debut in exciting signs for GWS fans
Cadman said last week he would use missing selection for the Giants' finals series as motivation heading into his second pre-season.

His manager Julian Petracca, from Hemisphere Management Group, told Gettable in October that Cadman had been comfortable holding off on his contract decision as he got through his first season.

"Us and the club are really aligned with where it's at. For 'Cads', it was a big move. To get to pick No.1, he came out of the blocks and came from nowhere. For him, that was a bit of a challenge, learning to deal with the pressures of that," he said.

"He's also still developing in his role of being a key forward. It was only last year that he started playing that role. He just wanted to get through that, get through pre-season, play a game, develop and put the contract to the side."

Elijah Tsatas, Jhye Clark and Mattaes Phillipou are the other top-10 picks from the 2022 crop who have yet to sign on beyond 2024.
That-escalated-quickly GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I'd be shocked if Clarko and Todd haven't already got a KPF and CHB in mind for next off season. They will know that the current defence is a fair way off a top 4 defence in quality. I assume that it is why Clarko made the effort to meet with Curtin and his family. It is not for now, it is for later on if the opportunity arises.

Lets face it, we aren't getting a Ben King ahead of the likes of the 'big 4' w***ers or even Geelong with their dodgy 3rd party deals. Sydney are getting JUH and McDonald is off to Freo. If we want a KPF lets focus solely on Cadman and let him feel the love. Everyone else will be into King and JUH so that is our opportunity. Use our first rounder which will likely be picks 1-4 and should be enough given comparative trades.

Would be happy to use a future first to bring in the KPD that we need as well. Melbournes fortunes changed when they brought in May and Lever. Lets face it, two plug and play pillars are worth more to us then another couple of high end picks. Love McKercher but surely we can't draft any more mids in the first round for a few years.
Cadman would be fantastic but the Giants gave up a lot to get him and no way they would have any interest in giving him up for anything. If he wanted to leave for some reason which i highly doubt it would cost us a lot more than just our 1st for next year.

So another advantage of AFLW GF was it brought together the heads of state, who could just chat about all things NMFC..

We got five of our six targets, missing on Curtin. Adelaide offered more, as simple as that.
Loving the spread of McKercher, he will play but not in the midfield, well for at least next season, but he will play the majority of the season me thinks.
We acknowledge our lack of spread and that will be fixed in another 12 months. We will be unrecognisable, I for one cannot wait.

Nothing on TT, which isn't bad news.

All our new talls will take time, but the majority have already said that.

WE WILL COVER THE GROUND LIKE AN AFL SIDE BEFORE 2025, *EN YAY!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back