List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Given more opportunity than most to change due to links with AFL. At this point will never change and the sooner people like this can be kept away from society lawfully the better.

Reminds me of Kendal Pinder from Perth Wildcats, arrested during halftime in 1990, has served time, recommited offences in 2009 and 2021 along with harrassment charges, jailed more than once and just been sentenced to another 5 years.

Some people don't change, and don't deserve the chances presented to them.

Anyone want to stick their head above the parapet and make the "we should acquire Tarryn Thomas" case this morning?
You've done well with this post :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Fishing Marlin GIF by The Telegraph

Jesus.

We blew some draft capital. This is our first and second round picks and the big trades of the time.

2012-Gave away Jamie Cripps our former FRDP and 45 for pick 40 and 43.
Swapped pick 13 (Goddard compo), 36 and 55 for Hickey and 25 and 46. Pick 12 for Tom Lee and 24 and 45.
Took Wright, White, Murdoch and Sanders in the second round of the draft.
Dalrymple (Bulldogs) took: 5 Jake Stringer, 6 Jack Macrae, 21 Nathan Hrovat, 49 Lachie Hunter, 50 Josh Prudden

2013- Swapped McEvoy for Shane Savage and pick 13. (McEvoy cost us pick 9 in the draft).
Swapped pick 24 and 59 for 19 (Dal Santo compo). Paid 25 and 49 for Longer and 45. Bruce for 48. Drafted Billings, Dunstan and Acres with first round picks.
Dalrymple (Bulldogs) took: 4 Marcus Bontempelli, 42 Matt Fuller, 60 Mitch Honeychurch

2014- Traded Stanley and 60 for pick 21. Drafted Mc Cartin and H Goddard with first round picks. McKenzie with a 2nd rounder. Sinclair rookied.
Dalrymple (Bulldogs) took: 26 Toby McLean, 27 Lukas Webb, 39 Declan Hamilton, 45 Bailey Dale, 46 Caleb Daniel

2015- Freeman for a future second rounder. Pick 5 and 24 for Carlisle and pick 14. Drafted Gresham with pick 14.
Dalrymple (Bulldogs) took: 25 F/S Josh Dunkley, 26 Kieren Collins, 35 Marcus Adams, 48 Bailey Williams,

2016- Traded pick 10 and 68 with the Hawks for 23, 36 and a future first rounder. Jack Steele for a future second rounder. Long and Battle with second round picks. Marshall rookied.
Dalrymple (Bulldogs) took: 19 Tim English, 28 Pat Lipinski, 49 Lewis Young, 70 Fergus Greene

2017. Drafted Clark and Coffield with 6 and 7. Clavarino with our second round pick.
Dalrymple (Bulldogs) took: 9 Aaron Naughton, 16 Ed Richards, 74 Callum Porter

2018- Hanners and Pick 28 for pick 39 and a future second. Traded Hickey 69 and a future 4th rounder for pick 39 and a future 4th. Drafted Max King and Jack Bytel with our first and second rounders.
Dalrymple (Sydney) took: 10 (Academy pick) Nick Blakey, 25 James Rowbottom, 44 Justin McInerney, 51 Zac Foot,

2019. Traded Josh Bruce for late picks. Pick 6 for draft capital to get Hill, Howard and Ryder. Gave away Jack Steven and Acres for pretty much free, late pick for Butler. Future second and current picks for Jones.
Dalrymple (Sydney) took: 5 Dylan Stephens, 26 Will Gould, 36 Elijah Taylor, 39 Chad Warner

2020- Swapped pick 17 for 21 and a future second rounder for Jack Higgins. Allison in the draft with a first round pick. Mason Wood in the supplemental period draft. Most later picks were taken up in the previous years trades to pay for Hill, Howard, Butler etc.
Dalrymple (Sydney) took: 4 Logan McDonald, 5 (Academy pick) Braeden Campbell, 32 (Academy pick) Errol Gulden,

2021- Nas in the first round, Owens with a second rounder. Jack Hayes preseason draft. Delisted Dunstan for zero return.
Dalrymple (Sydney) took: 18 Angus Sheldrick, 34 Matt Roberts, 40 Corey Warner, 58 Lachlan Rankin

I understand that Dalrymple didn't make all those calls in isolation, but it's still an interesting comparison.

Our obsession with managing our ruck stocks through the 2012-2014 period hampered our thinking around the draft, in my opinion, I always wonder if that was an over reaction to the years where we paid no respect to rucks. Got Hickey, turfed McEvoy. Got Longer, turfed Stanley. We seemed hell bent to trade for young rucks in years where there was reasonable talent available at the draft. Whoever was advising our draft needs in that space got it horribly wrong.

Grundy went at 18 in 2012, Toby Nankervis went at 35 in 2013, and Pittonet went at 50 in 2014.

Insert mod voice here:
We can do without personal comments on a person in any discussion, please do be advised that any report of one user abusing another will be treated harshly.
Additionally, tread carefully on the subject matter here for obvious reasons to do with said subjects and ongoing police actions.
End mod voice section.

The guy has had more injuries than games played so that's surprising.

On one hand hoping he repays the faith we put in him, on the other, he's older and if other clubs are gonna pay him then power to him. I'll support him regardless of where he plays.

I count 2 injuries and a few games with the Saints.
Also lots and lots and lots and lots of games in the WAFL without injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought the thread had 3 pages of discussion/melts over the Hayes interest, after wasting the past 5 mins reading the s**t show above I truly wish that was the case
What Hayes interest?

Thread should now be cleaned up, kept a couple posts that didn't touch on particulars, everything else is shifted to random thread so continue discussion there if members of said discussion wish to.

We now see why Punter is not a mod for the obvious bait that took such a turn. Well done mate.

It was already happening for most of a decade.
2002: Traded out Spider for pick 6, got Barry Brooks. Traded pick Pick 17 for Luke Penny, who had 1 good year.
2004: Traded out Heath Black, who we'd given up pick 17 for in 2001, ( so 2 years for us ) and got Aaron Fiora.
2005: Traded pick 17 for Fergus Watts.
2009: Traded pick 16 for Andrew Lovett and let Luke Ball walk to the draft rather than accept a second round pick.

Yeah, mentioned it plenty of times. Post Brendan Goddard there was very little quality coming in. Cripps, Stanley and Tom Lynch were taken under that Geelong bloke but all did a runner.

Thread should now be cleaned up, kept a couple posts that didn't touch on particulars, everything else is shifted to random thread so continue discussion there if members of said discussion wish to.

We now see why Punter is not a mod for the obvious bait that took such a turn. Well done mate.
Gringos post which was moved is clearly trade talk

Gringos post which was moved is clearly trade talk

Might have happened when I flicked through the pages as I never did click his option, seems it moved a couple others also, gotta love the cumbersome controls... uno momento peoples!

Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: it seemed to have nabbed 2 random posts in flicking back 2 pages of text to nab infringing ones, should be fixed now. Also gringo2011 moved your ones back here, sorry about that.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back