List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

ohhhh mid season trading - Shiel can be got in June

Happy Season 5 GIF by Friends
He's falling apart, by mid season next year he will be sharing a room with DMac at Healing Hans sanitorium in Germany.

Last edited:
Hated our 2020 draft.

Players we shoved out the door.
Ed Phillips, a young mid, who had recently been playing the thankless pressure forward role. Good enough for depth back then.
Shane Savage
Logan Austin.
Jonathan Marsh.
Parker

Players we got in.
Alison
Highmore
McKernan
Frawley

Lol when you sack Ryan Abbot to get Paul Hunter, you know its more jerking off than drafting.

2 of the top list were shoved out the door so we could get McKernan and Frawley.
Spot on. I’m also happy to keep Campbell for a couple of years as a pure back ruck for emergencies only. Marshall and Heath could go down and then you’re in trouble. There is no point delisting Campbell and then you recruit another Paul Hunter or Abbot.

I was disappointed with those 2020 delistings too, but you got to remember Covid was running rampant and list sizes were getting reduced. There was no guarantee that the covid situation would improve back then.

Fully expect Owens to be ahead of Dow in the pecking order , Membery to me is doubtful - having Hayes , Cammaniti and even Keeler is going to make getting a spot in the teams forward line hard.
Phillipou , King , Higgins , Butler , Sharman to me are 5 of the 6 starters - and I feel Hayes has the ability to fill that CHF spot better than anyone.
Hope Membery proves me wrong because Membery at his best is in our best 22.

Our forward line will also have the mids rotating there so players like Owens , Dow , Windhager , Phillipou could all be spending time in there.

Having Owens and Phillpou start as forwards and learn their craft now is going to be such a weapon as they transition more into the midfield, both will hopefully be the dynamic matchwinners we've been screaming out for

Fischer McAsey considering a return to lower level footy next season.

Sign him at Sandy & if he goes well then a possible mid season selection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As opposed to a kid who hasn’t played footy in 12+ months and was underwhelming at best

I heard him on radio, seems like he wasn't ready for it. I'd still give him some time in the state leagues and see what he can produce. He didn't seem 100% sure that he'd be ready to recommit.

I heard him on radio, seems like he wasn't ready for it. I'd still give him some time in the state leagues and see what he can produce. He didn't seem 100% sure that he'd be ready to recommit.
If he was pick 50 in his draft year. No one would be giving this more then a second of air time in their minds.

We hold way to much emphasis on pick numbers long after they are drafted.

St Kilda have upgraded Mason Wood and Liam Stocker from the rookie list to the primary list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For our first pick, players who might be a chance, cue Jim Carey Dumb and Dumber meme.
Leake, Wilson , Windsor.

Players who seriously might be available at our first.
Murphy, Collard, Tholstrup
Players who will probably be available at our first .
Hardeman , DeMattia, Edwards, Roberts , Green , Shoenmaker.

All of the above listed players "might" be available at the North picks, but 4 or 5 of them are likely not to be there.

Edwards or DeMattia might be available for our second picks.

: If Leake , Wilson or Windsor slid that far , i think i'd pass on a trade.
If it was Murphy, Collard, or Tholstrup that North were after , i'd take the trade.
Means we would probably be able to get two of Hardeman, DeMattia, Edwards, Roberts, or Sheonmaker.
However we'd be taking whoever was left.

The draft seems to have divided itself into.

Top 10. Pretty much determined.
11-15 Not sure what order, but they will probably all be gone before 16.
16-24 Not sure what order, but most will be taken in that range.

For our first pick, players who might be a chance, cue Jim Carey Dumb and Dumber meme.
Leake, Wilson , Windsor.

Players who seriously might be available at our first.
Murphy, Collard, Tholstrup
Players who will probably be available at our first .
Hardeman , DeMattia, Edwards, Roberts , Green , Shoenmaker.

All of the above listed players "might" be available at the North picks, but 4 or 5 of them are likely not to be there.

Edwards or DeMattia might be available for our second picks.

: If Leake , Wilson or Windsor slid that far , i think i'd pass on a trade.
If it was Murphy, Collard, or Tholstrup that North were after , i'd take the trade.
Means we would probably be able to get two of Hardeman, DeMattia, Edwards, Roberts, or Sheonmaker.
However we'd be taking whoever was left.

The draft seems to have divided itself into.

Top 10. Pretty much determined.
11-15 Not sure what order, but they will probably all be gone before 16.
16-24 Not sure what order, but most will be taken in that range.
If tholstrup goes to Melbourne and Green to Sydney as rumours. Then all the Mocks your reading and talking so matter of factly about are wrong.

I also highly doubt Edwards goes before our pick and most likely after it.

If tholstrup goes to Melbourne and Green to Sydney as rumours. Then all the Mocks your reading and talking so matter of factly about are wrong.

I also highly doubt Edwards goes before our pick and most likely after it.

After our second pick?

If we had the two North Picks i'd say we'd have a good chance of getting Edwards with one.

Player's i'd think we might have a chance at with our first, but would probably be gone by the North Pick are Tholstrup, Murphy and Collard, with no surety that any particular one will be available , and no indication that we are overly interested in any of them.
If we ended up with the 2 North first rounders we've probably got a much better chance of ending with at least one good player.

If he was pick 50 in his draft year. No one would be giving this more then a second of air time in their minds.

We hold way to much emphasis on pick numbers long after they are drafted.
Just like a Million dollar yearling that cant run , its worth next to nothing now

Not really saints related but, been told pretty reliably in the last week that Ugle-Hagan will take up an offer elsewhere at the end of next season.

Warrnambool is a very small town especially, when you have plenty of family connections.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not really saints related but, been told pretty reliably in the last week that Ugle-Hagan will take up an offer elsewhere at the end of next season.

Warrnambool is a very small town especially, when you have plenty of family connections.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did he say where? There were a few rumours that Sydney were going hard at him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back