List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot better than someone you'll get with a pick in the 40's.

We are also only planing on drafting 3 so unless we could figure out a way to move up the draft, it's also a pick we wouldn't end up using.
If we trade Billings we need to draft/recruit one more player.

If we trade Billings for p42 get Shiel for next to nothing.

We have a free upgrade on on our third pick with p40+42

Oh and the most important thing

BILLINGS IS ASKING TO LEAVE

Gotta stop the thought of getting a mid 20s pick from Suns.

They can only take as many picks to the draft as they have positions available, and their focus on future picks from now on should be enough evidence that they are holding as much as they can. They aren't splitting down any further.

Gotta stop the thought of getting a mid 20s pick from Suns.

They can only take as many picks to the draft as they have positions available, and their focus on future picks from now on should be enough evidence that they are holding as much as they can. They aren't splitting down any further.
If we offered 2xpicks valued at 703 points for 1 of their picks of equal points, why wouldn't they take it

Yeah that's the most important part for me. The mental side has always been his biggest challenge and if he's decided he can't make it work at the Saints then we're not going to get anything out of him in the future, so why not give him a shot at a second chance.

They didn't deny it's his missus though... Interesting...

Edit: Damn, i was beaten to this punchline
lo
I think that is tough. You only really know how a trade period went with hindsight but if you are assessing now you have to ask the question "what was possible?".

Gresham had to go. Tick. Upgraded draft position. Tick. Brought in two young low first round draft picks with potential. Tick.

Effectively we have gained 4 under 24s, three of which are first rounders and we have lost one underperforming small forward.

Given what was available and our trading hand - I'd give it 8 out of 10. And I still can't think of what else they could have done.
Exactly, people are expecting miracles without considering what assets (draft hand or players) to start with, can’t expect to get a million dollars profit in a garage sale (pots and pans, old furniture)

Gresh is a bigger loss than you are making him out to be. Calling him an 'underperforming small forward' is selling him short. Hopefully Henry can serve as some sort of replacement in terms of talent/ability.

Yeah, there is a wide range of opinions on Gresham. Mine is the "thank god the club woke up" end. 136 games, average 18 disposals, 17 brownlow votes, 136 goals. When you consider how poor his disposal is it is bog average. He's neither an A grade mid nor an A grade small forward. In most stats he does not even measure up to Acres at Saints.

In terms of the trade period, you can't get to the moon if you haven't got a rocket. Henry and Dow were targets, got em both cheap. Held onto 13. Made the Gresham trade count. That is all above the line. Has it moved the dial significantly? Well we'll only know in hindsight but I am really bullish on both Henry and Dow and we'll get potential at 13 and 21. Losing Coffield the only downer but let's face it, he hasn't pulled on a boot for 2 years.

STOP YELLING AT ME

Also I get why Billings would want to leave, was trialled on a wing for a while and was ok, but Mason Wood is a taller, better marking wingman with better cardio and running ability. He doesn’t look likely to crack a gig as a forward either really, he’s like a poor man’s Fritsch: less agility, less pace, shorter, set shot kicking a bit ordinary.

I honestly don’t know if he’s gonna get a best 22 gig somewhere other than a rebuilding club. Maybe North? West Coast?

I suspect the only way we will get a 2nd rounder for Billings is if we pay part of his salary. That would be a fail.
Yes, losing our superstar billing will be devastating where the fact is he won’t even play next year under Lyon and don’t see many other sides lining up for his services for two separate occasions. Over rating Billings much?

They would need to give us a pick to take Shiel and even then we don’t need him or want him

STOP YELLING AT ME

Also I get why Billings would want to leave, was trialled on a wing for a while and was ok, but Mason Wood is a taller, better marking wingman with better cardio and running ability. He doesn’t look likely to crack a gig as a forward either really, he’s like a poor man’s Fritsch: less agility, less pace, shorter, set shot kicking a bit ordinary.

I honestly don’t know if he’s gonna get a best 22 gig somewhere other than a rebuilding club. Maybe North? West Coast?
That last part isn’t our problem though.

Thats on Billings and his manager.

He represents everything that’s wrong with the period in between Ross.

I just want him gone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They see value for him (RTB sos etc)

Who knows if it Happens.

Clearly it’s a chance of some sort still.

I want it to happen for the ******* melts 😈
I would rather Owens and Windhager get those midfield minutes

If SOS is thinking Shiel will helps us we have the wrong block

Heaps to do.

Would be pretty happy walking away from Billings and Gresham for Dow Henry and 3 picks in the top 25 (if we pulled that off)
Yep, if we can get 40 up into the mid 20s I’d be happy. Otherwise, it makes no sense to trade Billings for a garbage pick and still paying him. (Perhaps for a future pick, but when we have 40 already this year, then another 40s pick is useless ….)

I would rather Owens and Windhager get those midfield minutes

If SOS is thinking Shiel will helps us we have the wrong block
No, ROSS is very concerned with turning Owens Pou and Windy into full time mids immediately.

Thinks it would hurt performances and development of those guys.

It’s to support them. They will play more mid. But still have similar roles to this season.

That last part isn’t our problem though.

Thats on Billings and his manager.

He represents everything that’s wrong with the period in between Ross.

I just want him gone

That’s a bit rough, I reckon we ****ed his development throwing him at every position. I think a move is best for everyone as well though. He’s good depth as a winger or half forward honestly, but if the rumoured 600k a year is true then that is bad depth.

That’s a bit rough, I reckon we ****ed his development throwing him at every position. I think a move is best for everyone as well though. He’s good depth as a winger or half forward honestly, but if the rumoured 600k a year is true then that is bad depth.
You know, and I cbf checking if it’s true.

But Sen or trade radio ran with - Billings has never finished in the top 10 of our Best and fairest

Hoping DMac’s trip to Germany sorts out his calf issue

All going well so far I hear

wvjRrpj.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back