Discussion 2023 General AFL Discussion - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've got a 12 yo European car, and it's totally reliable :D
I once had an Alfa - great little car.

Cant remember exactly but a hand brake cable broke. Got the RACV around - said he couldn’t fix it but just take it to the dealer - a 10 minute job.

Get to the dealer the next day - yep looks like you need to replace the cable. I said will I just wait in reception why you change it? Bloke replies you dont understand, the way the Italians designed it the only way we can get to the cable is to lift the whole engine out - we will need it for at least a day and $500 thanks (a lot of money in the olden days!).

On closer inspection it turned out a sprocket was broken - 10 minute job!

Looks like we lost to the eventual Premiers again.

GWS will be very very hard to beat.
In the EF, I couldn't believe how well they were moving the ball. To be honest, I really did not see it coming.

It's now clearly evident that all that talent and all those high draft picks that are still left, now have a legit game plan.

And they have 100% bought in.

They are monsters when they get on a roll. That second quarter against port was incredible. They should have been sixty or more points up by the half.

They will roll Collingwood. Nothing surer. If the Filth are off by 5% they will get a hiding.

GWS are seriously the real deal, and playing the best football of the year.

Tell me I wasn’t the only one who nearly threw up listening to Whateley’s sycophantic fawning over Carlton this morning.
I still feel ill.

Hope Lions absolutely thrash them this weekend.

Tell me I wasn’t the only one who nearly threw up listening to Whateley’s sycophantic fawning over Carlton this morning.
I still feel ill.

Hope Lions absolutely thrash them this weekend.

God he's hard to listen too. And some of those Blues fans ringing-in sound like a simpleton's convention.

In the EF, I couldn't believe how well they were moving the ball. To be honest, I really did not see it coming.

It's now clearly evident that all that talent and all those high draft picks that are still left, now have a legit game plan.

They are monsters when they get on a roll. That second quarter against port was incredible. They should have been sixty or more points up by the half.

They will roll Collingwood. Nothing surer. If the Filth are off by 5% they will get a hiding.

i hope so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We probably should’ve seen it coming but most people assumed Ross would be able to shut the game right down. If you want to shut a quick team down you can’t play three talls + Higgins, I’m sure the coaching staff got taught a lot of lessons from that.

I've got a real problem. Last week I called Eddie McGuire a ******* disgrace and today I agree with him regarding the price gouging by the airlines!

Virgin, the official sponsor, and Qantas with Richard Goyder as chair of both the AFL and Qantas extort money from fans by utterly shameless insulting conduct. They've yet again demonstrated absolutely no conscience with such a naked display of greed. Their repeat behavior over the years is sufficient for them to forfeit their social license.

Why can't they put on extra planes and make a normal profit for each flight and satisfy footy fans and the tourism industry at the same time? Especially Qantas as they only continue to exist because we, the general public, bailed them out and subsidized their operations while they treat us with contempt. And Goyder collects a small fortune from each organisation for doing what exactly?

Luke Dunstan acknowledging the Saints in his retirement is a nice and gracious touch by him.

Luke Dunstan acknowledging the Saints in his retirement is a nice and gracious touch by him.

Any mention of Gringo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back