List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Sos and Gubby are victims of the previous list management team.

They dodged the draft for established players in Hill, Butler, Howard, Jones, Ryder, Hanners, Higgins and co and none of these have come on the point where they have valuable currency on the open market to get back into the top end of the draft.

The intention may have been to invest in getting into the top end, but the reality is that Gresham was the only player on our list who was expendable and held currency.

We need another 2-3 years of using our draft picks, and where we can adding free agents who fill needs before we have a list that’s ready to contend, and also has players other clubs view as valuable.

That was one draft.

The damage was done from 2013-2016.

Piss poor development following conservative draft calls has left us with very little capital to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s this Ginnivan video? Gee footy players a dumb campaigners

There's a video supposedly showing Dan McStay

performing oral sex on a woman (his wife?) in the urinals of a nightclub

Ginnivan allegedly filmed it and released it after McStay dobbed Ginnivan in for drug use earlier in the year.

There's a video supposedly showing Dan McStay

performing oral sex on a woman (his wife?) in the urinals of a nightclub

Ginnivan allegedly filmed it and released it after McStay dobbed Ginnivan in for drug use earlier in the year.
What is with footballers in toilets , cant they afford a room to do that sh1t in ?

He signed the big contract, why should we give a competitor an advantage to get a good player if we don't benefit?

If we can't find an adequate trade and he still desperately wants to leave, then he could retire/forgo his contract and enter the DFA pool.

I like him but we're not a charity. Knuckle down Jack and work your way into the side.

IMO we get nothing out of him if he stays except a body on the list and a salary taking up some room. (Though I don't think the last contract was particularly big considering he shopped around and couldn't find any takers.)

So whatever we get for him on the way out is a net positive.

IMO we get nothing out of him if he stays except a body on the list and a salary taking up some room. (Though I don't think the last contract was particularly big considering he shopped around and couldn't find any takers.)

So whatever we get for him on the way out is a net positive.
I guess if you don't think he's capable of playing again.

Would be a huge net loss if he plays 50+ good games elsewhere and we start struggling with depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was one draft.

The damage was done from 2013-2016.

Piss poor development following conservative draft calls has left us with very little capital to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That should have been where we worked out that the previous period had been a total * up, ditched Trout and Libba and moved forward with rebuild three. Dropped back and drafted hard and now would potentially be moving forward with quicker momentum. Realistically post Brendan Goddard our drafting was the worst in the league and never got back on track until recently.

Toce being able to draft at an industry standard is probably the greatest chance we have to substantially improve out list. We have pretty much built a competitive list out of the bin. We are kind of unique if nothing else.

If we can keep finding alternative pathway talent and bringing in players from draft and trade we are a chance to be a competitive list. We need to keep topping and moving forward and try to get ourselves into the top 6 consistently and then try to hang around for an opportunity before the older guys fade.

Sos might be a * up but at least we are moving forward. I think we'd got to a point where we just wanted to make moves to look like we weren't s**t rather than planning for a goal. I think that's changed under Lyon's crew.

Cut It Out Reaction GIF

Stephenson showed very good signs early but in no world was he ever a star.
Each to their own, I view it more loosely, to me a star is someone who is way outperforming or at the pinnacle of what they should be doing at that point in time, is a clear impact player in the team, and probably is getting talked about a lot.

Stephenson’s debut year was sensational, kicked 40ish goals in a grand final year, won the rising star, and was doing the sorta stuff on field that made him look like a star of the future at the very least. And then I remember going to a Collingwood saints game in 2019, and he roosted the ball from like 55 out for a goal. Turns out that same game he was putting money on himself.

That should have been where we worked out that the previous period had been a total * up, ditched Trout and Libba and moved forward with rebuild three. Dropped back and drafted hard and now would potentially be moving forward with quicker momentum. Realistically post Brendan Goddard our drafting was the worst in the league and never got back on track until recently.

Toce being able to draft at an industry standard is probably the greatest chance we have to substantially improve out list. We have pretty much built a competitive list out of the bin. We are kind of unique if nothing else.

If we can keep finding alternative pathway talent and bringing in players from draft and trade we are a chance to be a competitive list. We need to keep topping and moving forward and try to get ourselves into the top 6 consistently and then try to hang around for an opportunity before the older guys fade.

Sos might be a * up but at least we are moving forward. I think we'd got to a point where we just wanted to make moves to look like we weren't s**t rather than planning for a goal. I think that's changed under Lyon's crew.
Correct, we didn't cash in on our draft window in that era. It's been done to death why (some self inflicted and some out of our control).

The jury is out on SOS but I have 100% confidence in RTB that we're building for a sustainable run.

Evidence of a player that doesn't really want to get out of their comfort zone.

To be reunited with Richo at the Dees, how apt.
Yep. Reckon his best shot career-wise would have been Freo especially with Shulz and Henry leaving, plus the loss of Acres from last year. Could have really cemented himself in that team.
Going to Melbourne the easy option - will play mostly VFL for a couple of years and then sayonara.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back