List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

ohhhh mid season trading - Shiel can be got in June

Happy Season 5 GIF by Friends
He's falling apart, by mid season next year he will be sharing a room with DMac at Healing Hans sanitorium in Germany.

Last edited:

spew if another team picks him up. is that a possibility?
Yep, he’s available to anyone who wants to add him to their list. Given his injuries over the last couple of years I can’t imagine anyone doing that until he’s got through pre season, which is what we’re doing. Fingers crossed for him but he’s one injury away from being done.

Yep, he’s available to anyone who wants to add him to their list. Given his injuries over the last couple of years I can’t imagine anyone doing that until he’s got through pre season, which is what we’re doing. Fingers crossed for him but he’s one injury away from being done.
Just to add. I asked my contact who is close to the D Mac situation, and he re-iterated like I mentioned last time, that DMac wants to stay in Melbourne and has no interest in going to an Interstate club on rookie wages. Hence why it was mentioned that we may take him via the supplemental period, as I believe he won't nominate for the Rookie draft and risk going interstate (pure speculation on my part here). Ideally he wants to remain a Saint, but if only interstate clubs are interested on low coin - then its saints or retirement. Things could change, but what I have been told about him not going interstate on rookie wages has been consistent throughout.

Just to add. I asked my contact who is close to the D Mac situation, and he re-iterated like I mentioned last time, that DMac wants to stay in Melbourne and has no interest in going to an Interstate club on rookie wages. Hence why it was mentioned that we may take him via the supplemental period, as I believe he won't nominate for the Rookie draft and risk going interstate (pure speculation on my part here). Ideally he wants to remain a Saint, but if only interstate clubs are interested on low coin - then its saints or retirement. Things could change, but what I have been told about him not going interstate on rookie wages has been consistent throughout.
I wonder if the Suns offer him a half decent deal though.

As suggested he has been offerred a chance to train with the club, which is pretty fair. Id imagine the club will have other train on players also looking for a spot, Im hoping one is Patrick Voss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast should make a play. He’s an upgrade on Ellis. Does all the team things, good two way runner, which sometimes Gold Coast lack.
Looking at todays media they are saying they are close to locking in a Ben King contract , if he stays it will be another wasted talent at a club with no support , culture and full of mercenaries just after the coin - which is well and good but it also brings people with no real intent to improve the club.

Would be good if he joined us but in all reality I just hope he finds a team back in his home state.

Stewart… froff, may the old brassica tradition continue.

1F157A03-C9CE-44A0-816E-8C1DD025A430.jpeg

Bit bummed about Highmore, thought he was a decent depth player who was doing everything right in the VFL. Maybe a bit too much Logan Austin about him.

Looking at todays media they are saying they are close to locking in a Ben King contract , if he stays it will be another wasted talent at a club with no support , culture and full of mercenaries just after the coin - which is well and good but it also brings people with no real intent to improve the club.

Would be good if he joined us but in all reality I just hope he finds a team back in his home state.

I think he'll be playing in a pretty good side and playing finals. Not sure that they have as many mercenaries as us to be honest.

I'm pretty confident that Gold Coast are in a for a pretty good period over the next few years. Great list and now with a quality coach they should be on the rise.

Stewart… froff, may the old brassica tradition continue.

View attachment 1848916

Bit bummed about Highmore, thought he was a decent depth player who was doing everything right in the VFL. Maybe a bit too much Logan Austin about him.

I reckon McKernan and Stewart could have had decent careers but both got the life sucked out of them at a damaged Essendon. Both unrealised potential. If either had found a coach that could use them well they could have been solid players. Both had good patches of form at different times. The psychological and cultural damage the Dons managed to self inflict can't be underestimated. They have had some decent lists over the last decade but there is something wrong there still. Like Carlton post cheating, it takes years to recover from being s**t people.

I wonder if the Suns offer him a half decent deal though.
That's basically what I have been told. He'll only move interstate for more than a base rookie contract. He has his life here, his partner is settled all his family is here, as mentioned above he has his studies. All his friends are here. It would take a good deal to get him to uproot and go interstate.

That's basically what I have been told. He'll only move interstate for more than a base rookie contract. He has his life here, his partner is settled all his family is here, as mentioned above he has his studies. All his friends are here. It would take a good deal to get him to uproot and go interstate.
If anyone deserves a lucky break on the injury front it’s him.
IF DMac and Zac Jones can get a decent run at it, will be a huge boost to our chances next season!

I reckon McKernan and Stewart could have had decent careers but both got the life sucked out of them at a damaged Essendon. Both unrealised potential. If either had found a coach that could use them well they could have been solid players. Both had good patches of form at different times. The psychological and cultural damage the Dons managed to self inflict can't be underestimated. They have had some decent lists over the last decade but there is something wrong there still. Like Carlton post cheating, it takes years to recover from being s**t people.

lvb6fJu.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back