Discussion 2023 General AFL Discussion - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Billings is the key to flag success.

If only we had known šŸ¤·

vDLOpr5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Return to his best ?

Going to be many at Melbourne disappointed

For you Muppets taking the p155 out of Clayton you have no idea what he is going through and neither do i but if people had attacked members you would be the first to go off , how about you grow up

For you Muppets taking the p155 out of Clayton you have no idea what he is going through and neither do i but if people had attacked members you would be the first to go off , how about you grow up
Who's taking the piss out of Clayton? Dunno about you but I was gonna go to the Dees board and have a giggle perhaps subtle troll of their supporters. I'm pretty sure Clayton has more to worry about than the Saints BF board. But I don't see anyone getting into him here?

Last edited:
Watching Billings on the news. FMD, he still looks like a scared chihuahua. Looks ready to piss and cry at the same time. Why didn't we have a sports psych on staff?

Dual AFL premiership player Marlion Pickett is expected to enter pleas to multiple charges, including aggravated burglary, next year after his latest court appearance was adjourned.
Mr Pickettā€™s arrest in June shocked the football community, with police alleging he was involved in a spate of commercial burglaries during the Christmas period last year.

They allegedly involved the theft of more than $300,000 and included ransacking safes at currency exchange businesses.

Mr Pickett is also accused of being part of a plan to transport the money across the country in a campervan.

Marlion Pickett is facing a string of charges. Picture: Paul Kane/Getty Images

Marlion Pickett is facing a string of charges. Picture: Paul Kane/Getty Images
The 31-year-old Richmond star is facing 12 charges, including criminal damage or destruction of property, stealing and receiving.

His manager previously indicated that Mr Pickett would fight the charges.

The matter was listed as a committal mention in Perth Magistrates Court on Wednesday but was adjourned by consent until January 19.

His co-accused Kurtley Thorne, 30, pleaded guilty to a string of charges in Perth Magistrates Court recently.

The premiership player faced Perth Magistrates Court in June. Picture: NCA NewsWire /Philip Gostelow

The premiership player faced Perth Magistrates Court in June. Picture: NCA NewsWire /Philip Gostelow
Mr Pickett has previously spoken about his past brushes with the law and time he spent in prison in WA, saying it was a wake-up call.

He was released from jail, aged 21, in 2013 and then began playing for the South Fremantle Football Club.

Mr Pickett made his AFL debut in Richmondā€™s 2019 premiership win ā€“ just months after being selected by the Tigers in the mid-season draft.

It made Pickett the first VFL/AFL player in 67 years to debut in a grand final and the first since 1926 to win a flag.

He won a second premiership with the Tigers in 2020.

Mr Pickett made his AFL debut in Richmondā€™s 2019 premiership victory. Picture: Russell Freeman/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Mr Pickett made his AFL debut in Richmondā€™s 2019 premiership victory. Picture: Russell Freeman/AFL Photos via Getty Images
Mr Pickett was forced to apply for financial hardship after having his salary slashed during the Covid-19 pandemic.

The father of four was being paid a second-year rookie list playerā€™s salary, which is about $85,000.

But when the AFL shut down during the pandemic, which led to pay cuts for players, Mr Pickett was living on about $3000 per month.

Fans rallied to help by donating to a GoFundMe page to raise money for the young family.

what do people think of living on $3k per month.
Chose the thug life.

Jack Billings is the key to flag success.

If only we had known šŸ¤·

vDLOpr5.jpg

I heard him today on radio , he sounded a bit drunk. šŸ˜‚

I assume he must talk like that all the time. Hope he doesn't become a commentator after his footy finishes

I haven't seen anything om here about Oliver

Watching Billings on the news. FMD, he still looks like a scared chihuahua. Looks ready to piss and cry at the same time. Why didn't we have a sports psych on staff?
We do, probably couldn't change him. Maybe now he's gone to Melbourne he will become all of
superman, spider man and batman at the same time

Oh you know, he brings motivation and you know, stuff, he'll be fine...

Whoever gave him the go ahead to do media has NFI, a decade in and he still sees a camera and immediately shits himself.

I assume he must talk like that all the time. Hope he doesn't become a commentator after his footy finishes

Imagine his special comments, the most vanilla "he's off the ground for an owwie" said as timidly as possible. Post playing is so waterboy so he can keep his cardio up and doesn't have to speak to anyone and just take direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do, probably couldn't change him. Maybe now he's gone to Melbourne he will become all of
superman, spider man and batman at the same time

Or at leastā€¦

ItbNJei.jpg

Iā€™m not sure heā€™s all that bright.

He seems okay one on one so I think he's just a really anxious dude. He comes across as a bit neurotic and highly strung. When we were looking to draft him you wish someone had picked up on his very shy nature.

I got that impression by hearing him talk several times. Probably good at studying, working hard, etc. But certainly not much seems to go on upstairs, or at the very least he's inarticulate.

No crime in any of that, he was a sweet kid, but not the right fit for our club. We needed good players who kept out of trouble back then that was the Trout's remit, but look where that got us.

I got that impression by hearing him talk several times. Probably good at studying, working hard, etc. But certainly not much seems to go on upstairs, or at the very least he's inarticulate.

No crime in any of that, he was a sweet kid, but not the right fit for our club. We needed good players who kept out of trouble back then that was the Trout's remit, but look where that got us.
True I think Iā€™m being a bit harsh.

I get that itā€™s fun to make the Billings jokes now heā€™s gone after the high hopes we all had, but I wouldnā€™t be shocked to see him do a bit of a Mason Wood at the Dees. Heā€™s not going to be a star but heā€™s a good kick and a decent mark for his size. Heā€™s kind of a b grade Fritsch I reckon, who we forced up the ground after a year of inaccurate goal kicking.

I get that itā€™s fun to make the Billings jokes now heā€™s gone after the high hopes we all had, but I wouldnā€™t be shocked to see him do a bit of a Mason Wood at the Dees. Heā€™s not going to be a star but heā€™s a good kick and a decent mark for his size. Heā€™s kind of a b grade Fritsch I reckon, who we forced up the ground after a year of inaccurate goal kicking.

He's a very good player when he's good. He's struggled with consistency. All jokes aside I hope he has a decent end to his career. Just as long as he doesn't win a flag at another club.

RoCo having an absolute mare here. CJ is 185 cms...puts him a full 7 cm shorter than Mason Wood..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back