Discussion 2023 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giants theme song is not a scratch on ours. Uppercut yourselves all of you going on about it the last fortnight x
Afl Zach Sproule GIF by GIANTS

Wish we could fall over the line into a prelim.

Fingers crossed you're right.
19 vs 23 1st final scoring shots - won by 6
18 v 26 vs Melb - won by 2

can certainly see they got lucky

LOL, even Richo made finals with our motley collection of rabble.

No way Richo would make finals with King and Membrey missing huge chunks of the season, Steele injured, Higgins out of form etc

I was all for Richo as a development coach. But that's all he is.

Ratts had blokes playing on emotion and not much else.

Ross built a forward line on the backs of Caminiti, Owes and Cordy at the start of the season. That alone puts him in the top tier of coaches in the comp.

Most would have just rolled over and tanked for a top 5 pick.

Giants theme song is not a scratch on ours. Uppercut yourselves all of you going on about it the last fortnight x

Most AFL club songs are s**t. They are almost mood killers in the pre game.

I get way more hyped for "The Saints are Coming" than the old, slow 'Marching In' theme.

The whole comp could do with a makeover for pregame hype and intros.

I get way more hyped for "The Saints are Coming" than the old, slow 'Marching In' theme.

Its pretty lame changing the words to archaic songs.

Goodbye Dolly Gray, a 1898 song dating from the Spanish American war.

Brisbane: The French National Anthem WTF? 1792.

GWS, Port, Suns, and West Coast are supposed to be original compositions, but tell me that GWS didn't rip this one off.

Saints song is a 1960s song that replaced "we do like to be beside the seaside" probably because the original was such a lame club song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vale Ron Barassi.

The Barassis are family friends and I'd heard he was in a pretty precarious state but he seemed like the kind of bloke that would live for ever. Really sad for his family, he was a force of nature and friend to more people than you could count.

Can’t see how Carlton beats Brissy short of the lions choking like no one’s business.

Gws v Collingwood though… that feels almost 50/50 and whilst Adam’s out Daicos in is probably an upgrade from the pies it’s not as good an upgrade as Daicos for McReery or Lipinski etc.

Didn't get to watch last night's game but I have soft spot for the Giants. Hope they win it. Hope the Blues don't go any further. I'm having to navigate the Blues supporters in my life at the moment and the word insufferable gets thrown around a lot in a hyperbolic fashion but they are truely insufferable. They are seriously worse that the Tigers fans and they at least won a flag before acting like boorish campaigners.

Can’t see how Carlton beats Brissy short of the lions choking like no one’s business.

Gws v Collingwood though… that feels almost 50/50 and whilst Adam’s out Daicos in is probably an upgrade from the pies it’s not as good an upgrade as Daicos for McReery or Lipinski etc.

Brisbane are as reliable as 10 year old European car. I can see them shitting the bed for sure.

Brisbane are as reliable as 10 year old European car. I can see them shitting the bed for sure.
They could but it seems really really unlikely. Carlton has probably played their granny twice now and has been reliant on both opponents being terrible in front of goals they also travel for the first time in the finals.

They could win but they are completely reliant on a bed s**t, GWS could beat Collingwoods best.

Its pretty lame changing the words to archaic songs.

Goodbye Dolly Gray, a 1898 song dating from the Spanish American war.

Brisbane: The French National Anthem WTF? 1792.

GWS, Port, Suns, and West Coast are supposed to be original compositions, but tell me that GWS didn't rip this one off.

Saints song is a 1960s song that replaced "we do like to be beside the seaside" probably because the original was such a lame club song.
I quite like most of the old Vic club tunes. Honestly, I think ours is probably pretty lame but would be much better in its original jazz format. Probably one of the least embarrassing for a footy team to be obliged to sing after a win though. Pretty strange ritual when you actually stop and think about it.

GWS song is a ripper.

Just another case of us being dumped out of finals by the eventual premiers.

How often has that happened to us (excluding GFs obviously)?

Sydney
Port
Richmond

feels like there's more but can't be bothered looking

Nah I disagree with this, most modern pop songs age like milk if the AFL tried to make a deliberate effort update the songs it would be a disaster. We are just lucky “The Saints are coming” happens to suit us quite nicely by chance. Keep the old school songs they have more charm, if clubs come an across a song that suits them they can add it to their rotation. It’s all the songs they tried to come up with in the 90s and 2000s for the new teams that suck the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back