2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I switched this off at the end of the first quarter thinking it was going to be a drubbing. Pleasantly surprised to see we won!

The players felt too much pressure knowing you were watching. Once you switched off, they relaxed and kicked away.

I switched this off at the end of the first quarter thinking it was going to be a drubbing. Pleasantly surprised to see we won!

Ye of so little faith.
I didn't switch off !! (............................ But I was pelting stuff at the TV and cursing severely :shoutyoldman:)

It would appear we didn’t learn from the Morris situation v GC. All three emergencies in Joyce, Smith & Tunstill playing today. Assume one or two might be rested from half time perhaps.

We play tomorrow this this time at least.

We need to work on kicking with both feet. I've seen both Brain and Tunstill in the left back pocket kick with their right instead of their left to a player on the boundary, which is easier to muck up. In Brain's case it went out on the full, in Tunstill's case, just out of bounds.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heading into this year, I fully assumed Lane was making up numbers and would be delisted. Now I'm not so sure - has been impressive in multiple games. Could definitely get his fitness to a better level, but we're starting to see the things we hoped we'd see the last few years. I think we should extend him another year.

That was a really skilled underground/scrubber kick to kick through two hawks players like an underground handball to pick out Tunstill on the wing. He’s not the neatest player but he’s been the most tenacious on the ground. He’s had a good game.

Edit- sorry Robertson I mean!

Last edited:
That was a really skilled underground/scrubber kick to kick through two hawks players like an underground handball to pick out Tunstill on the wing. He’s not the neatest player but he’s been the most tenacious on the ground. He’s had a good game.
Robertson!

Actually had the better of the umpires for once. Good pressure all Over the ground and appeared to be doing better in the contests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back