Retired #22: Matthew Leuenberger - offered a new deal but chose to retire - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Leuey really was a handy player to have on our list these past few years and its a shame that he decided to retire but I reckon we'll see the effect of the work he did with Draper for many years to come.

Other names are:

Dane Hollenkamp.
Jordan Sweet.
Thomas Hallebone.
Darcy Fort.
Mark Baker.
Tim Sullivan.
Jeremy Goddard.
Oliver Eastland ahead of all bar Fort.

Zach Clarke is 28 and can jump straight in. If he wants another crack at it but purely as a back-up then he’s the perfect interim option for a long term Bellcho injury. If that happened I would not want to rely on Draper for a full season without senior ruck support, especially while we have been stacking our list for a premiership tilt in the near future.

I'm not surprised at all, but hoped he would go around again.

Good luck to him and thanks to Luey too

Damn...was hoping he’d go around just the one more year to guide young draper along some more.

In saying that, I’m quite happy for Smack & JD to roll through there to chop belcho out for 5 mins here & there. Won’t do them any harm getting their hands on it if they’re struggling to get a kick either...

Anyway, this about Luey & I thank him for his clubmanship & services & all the best in retirement.

Interviewed on SEN and has already organised his life post footy - He's back in Perth and starts a full time job next Monday:thumbsu:. May play the odd game with mates in a lower league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back