Past #23: Kieran Harper - delisted by the club (29/10) - will miss '16 VAFA season, surgery on ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for your service mate.

Those first two seasons were filled with good moments. Played some really good football, offensive flair and always offered plenty defensively, often out-doing some more seasoned performers in the tackling and pressure stakes.

The troublesome ankle surgeries affected 'the step'. The mental hurdles were always an issue from 2013 onwards, more than what was reported on here.

All the best for the future Kieran.

That video and the Dakota soundtrack made me tear up. What a freaking waste of talent. There's something about this year's delistings that has me a bit sooky. Never felt like this in previous years. McMahon, Wallace, Daw and Harper; all probably correct calls but I am left very very flat

Last edited:

Thanks for your service mate.

Those first two seasons were filled with good moments. Played some really good football, offensive flair and always offered plenty defensively, often out-doing some more seasoned performers in the tackling and pressure stakes.

The troublesome ankle surgeries affected 'the step'. The mental hurdles were always an issue from 2013 onwards, more than what was reported on here.

All the best for the future Kieran.

That goal against against Brisbane was the best goal from a North player in the last 10 years I think...

I also don't think there would be a player who has such a good highlight reel from such a small amount of games.

People have been hitting out at the club since he was delisted as if it was their fault.

Yes they made the decision.
But theres only so long you can keep a player on a list who has a severe history of injury to a part of their body they rely on for the majority of their skills in a position that you have decent depth in.

Could Kieran have been better than Turner, Nahas, Garner, Anderson etc? I'm sure he would have been if not for the ankle injuries. But the ankle injuries happened and he hasn't been the same since. May end up the same with Black too, may never get back to 2013 form following the shoulder issue, and for the same reasons as Kieran (incl. Mental issues).

Historically we've had a tendency to hang onto injured players for a looooooong time, the only one thats really paid off recently has been Taz.

I'm hoping for a rookie spot for him as I really rate him, but I won't be blaming the club if they don't give him one.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People have been hitting out at the club since he was delisted as if it was their fault.

Yes they made the decision.
But theres only so long you can keep a player on a list who has a severe history of injury to a part of their body they rely on for the majority of their skills in a position that you have decent depth in.

Could Kieran have been better than Turner, Nahas, Garner, Anderson etc? I'm sure he would have been if not for the ankle injuries. But the ankle injuries happened and he hasn't been the same since. May end up the same with Black too, may never get back to 2013 form following the shoulder issue, and for the same reasons as Kieran (incl. Mental issues).

Historically we've had a tendency to hang onto injured players for a looooooong time, the only one thats really paid off recently has been Taz.

I'm hoping for a rookie spot for him as I really rate him, but I won't be blaming the club if they don't give him one.

I didn't really get the reference to Norris that was all mate!

I do wonder how much injuries have curtailed him and if they are essentially career-ending type like JWS and Curran.
Different. They robbed him of much of his explosiveness and agility, which were his strengths when he broke in. He looked to me on the track and in the VFL like he was starting to get enough confidence back in the ankles to just play, but it was still a long road back.

I didn't really get the reference to Norris that was all mate!
Ah right. Club copped a lot of s**t on here for not giving Norris a fair go when he was delisted. Was jesus incarnate.

Such a sad thing to see such a talented player crueled by various things. So many things in that highlight real could have been, speaking of made a tad sad to see Hollywood dishing off to harps and to LT at his best work as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back