Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

Lidge

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts RIP
Feb 28, 2003
Qantas Club Lounge
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Washington Generals
LeviGreenwood_lrg.jpg

Fast Facts
Jumper Number: 24
Height: 181.2
Weight: 92.9
DOB: 19/02/1989
Recruited From: Port Adelaide Magpies

How is Levi's PS going? Is he likely to get some games this year?

Apparently he is doing extremely well. Has a great long kick, great balance, good overhead, puts his head over the ball and is a tank, but still not slow by any means. Definitely will play around 10 games or even more. Might be worth a punt in Dream Team on the interchange bench considering he will have an extremely low price, wait till he plays a few games. NAB should be a decent indicator of things to come.

Apparently he is doing extremely well. Has a great long kick, great balance, good overhead, puts his head over the ball and is a tank, but still not slow by any means. Definitely will play around 10 games or even more. Might be worth a punt in Dream Team on the interchange bench considering he will have an extremely low price, wait till he plays a few games. NAB should be a decent indicator of things to come.

Thanks for the reply mate :thumbsu:

How is Levi going lately?

Did he play vs the Doggies and has he had any injury set backs?

Do you see him playing a lot of games?

He is my tip for the Rising Star, hence why i am after some info before i plonk on him :D

Cheers

How is Levi going lately?

Did he play vs the Doggies and has he had any injury set backs?

Do you see him playing a lot of games?

He is my tip for the Rising Star, hence why i am after some info before i plonk on him :D

Cheers

He didn't play against the Doggies Merv, but he did play in the Intra Club game the week before. Considering the fact it was his first competitive hitout, that we've seen anyway, he didn't let himself down. The only area he appeared to be lacking a little was in the stamina department, as he was assigned a defensive role and, whilst persistent and fearless near the ball, he spent most of the arvo chasing tail. I have big hopes for this guy too, and he'll definitely improve his aerobic fitness with more training at the elite level.

We have alot of HBFers so it won't be easy for him to get a real game initially, which may lengthen his odds of achieving the Rising Star in 2008.

T'toes

Thanks for the feedback T'toes

I really like this kid and think he will be a good player in years to come.

He is paying $81.00, so maybe i will just chuck a small bet on him after reading your feedback.

Thanks for that.

I saw Levi play for the first time today and he was very impressive, he's such a hard nut always ensuring that his head is over the ball.

Played a good game in the midfield.

Clubs will be spewing that they picked an ahtlete over a pure footballer after this year and years to come

Spot on. This lad will surprise everyone. He was great in the SANFL last year and that comp is as hard as nails compared to the VFL. You have done well and he will suit your style. Wish we got him

A couple of his Hip and shoulders left opposition dazed yesterday against Bendigo. Fun to watch!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anything else?

Hows he settling in? Happy at the club? etc.?
Yeah, seems to be settling in well, though obviously disappointed with his current injury - mentioned he hasn't had too many in the past, this is pretty much the worst he's had so far. Needs to rest for about a week for resuming training. He seems pretty keen to crack into the seniors this year... handles himself well for someone his age.

I wondered what why he wasn't playing yesterday and saw him dressed in casual clothes watching the Werribee game with his girlfriend.

Agree with the comment about how well he handles himself for an 18 year old, very humble and always willing to have a chat before or after a game.

I wondered what why he wasn't playing yesterday and saw him dressed in casual clothes watching the Werribee game with his girlfriend.

Agree with the comment about how well he handles himself for an 18 year old, very humble and always willing to have a chat before or after a game.

Absolute top notch kid.

Had a little chat with him the other day and he just strikes me as incredibly friendly and keen to impress on his potential fans.

Like him a lot.

Absolute top notch kid.

Had a little chat with him the other day and he just strikes me as incredibly friendly and keen to impress on his potential fans.

Like him a lot.

Just a country kid! Get him on the Beams, then you will see the Country LAD come out! :p

Absolute top notch kid.

Like him a lot.

We definitely need more AFL footballers like Levi around because then the wider community would have a high level of respect for them.

We definitely need more AFL footballers like Levi around because then the wider community would have a high level of respect for them.

How's he travelling, not in the NAB game?

Is he injured or just not good enough at the moment?

Not sure what the story is, I think it will be because he is injured.

His form for us last year at Werribee was great, his attack on the ball and ability to run all day was what impressed me the most. I thought there were a few games that suggested he could have played some AFL football and was an emergency a number of times.

I would be extrememly surprised if he didn't make the NAB Cup squad because he wasn't good enough.

Not sure what the story is, I think it will be because he is injured.

His form for us last year at Werribee was great, his attack on the ball and ability to ran all day was what impressed me the most. I thought there were a few games that suggested he could have played some AFL football and was an emergency a number of times.

I would be extrememly surprised if he didn't make the NAB Cup squad because he wasn't good enough.

I just haven't heard much on him, I knew Port fans were keen on him but you guys got him first. So I have always been keeping an eye out for him. I haven't heard or seen anything for awhile now.

Thanks for the update.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back