Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Must admit I was firmly on the 'get rid of him' bus until two years ago. But he has proven me wrong and is now a very important part of the back line. All credit to him for his perseverance and his loyalty when bigger money came knocking.

Loved how he matched Bontempelli for pace and beat him in that one on one.

Oh and that mark. He is so ******* important

As minor as it was at the time I also loved him whacking Bont in the chest, with Bont whacking back, then doing it again and again and again determined to get the last whack in.

To me he is the in form FB of the comp, hasn't had a bag kicked on him at all this year and is averaging good numbers. Alot of Hawks supporters claiming James Frawley would be leading the race for the AA spot at fullback but Tazza's stats equal or surpass most of Frawley's. Talia isn't having his best season while Grundy has been talked up as well.

Would Taz be in the race for the AA spot at Full-back? he would well and truly be in the squad at this stage in my opinion along with Waite, Ziebell and maybe even Boomer.

To me he is the in form FB of the comp, hasn't had a bag kicked on him at all this year and is averaging good numbers. Alot of Hawks supporters claiming James Frawley would be leading the race for the AA spot at fullback but Tazza's stats equal or surpass most of Frawley's. Talia isn't having his best season while Grundy has been talked up as well.

Would Taz be in the race for the AA spot at Full-back? he would well and truly be in the squad at this stage in my opinion along with Waite, Ziebell and maybe even Boomer.

Has been a colossus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who?

I thought Tarrant retired years ago?

Big, quick athletic, full back.. (how long have we waited for this !) Every coach in that land would give their left nut to have him

but no chance of AA squad.. Doesn't appear enough in the media

Big, quick athletic, full back.. (how long have we waited for this !) Every coach in that land would give their left nut to have him

but no chance of AA squad.. Doesn't appear enough in the media

It will be like Scott Thompson. They'll catch on in a year or two...

Not even close at this stage. Dench was one of THE full backs of his time.
It was always Dench or Southby, Dench or Southby? Of course I'm biased, but only one of them reinvented the way a full back was supposed to be able to play.

Dench is one of the greatest full backs of all time.

ALL TIME!!!!

Seriously though most are saying Frawley/PHIL Davis are the leading candidates for the Key defender posts.

Tazz should be in the same conversation as those blokes.
He should be. But us conceding huge scores early would have counted against him even though it shouldn't.

434213-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

It was always Dench or Southby, Dench or Southby? Of course I'm biased, but only one of them reinvented the way a full back was supposed to be able to play.

Dench is one of the greatest full backs of all time.

ALL TIME!!!!
Southby may possibly have shaded him in pure defensive effort. May. But Dench turned defence into attack with every second touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back