Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Extremely good game. Walker was dangerous yet unsighted bar those couple of goals. Robbie should have had at least 1 to his name (2 were gettable). He kicks 2 and it would be one of the best games by a defender at this club in years.

How far as this guy come?

I've said it on here before but through complete ignorance of my own, I wrote him off in 2014 after the game against the Crows at AO.

He'd been so frustrating for so long.

Whoevers call it was to move him down back is a genius. Has fit in down there seamlessly and is now arguably the General back there. Just awesome to see him so comfortable and playing great footy. Fingers crossed he stays fit, cause he can make a name for himself in this league.

All Australian chb in the next 2 years. Now all we need is nielson/durdin to come good and our defense will go from a liability to a strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good is it to see Taz playing like a jet down back.
He was almost flawless tonight, lost one marking contest all night.
I remember another North player saying Tarrant was the unluckiest player he'd ever seen after yet another long-term injury setback.
Glad the club never stuck a fork in him, because he is a star now!

Stick a fork in him.

Proud to say I was apart of that thread and I was wrong. Changed, adapted and evolved his game into a full back who is carrying a large amount of work in a suspect backline.

Long may the great work continue, you are a seriously undervalued player taz.

I think he's the best example to a lot on here that you need to give, no matter the player, enough time to prove himself.

I've said the same about EVW, don't write the guy off, let him play a couple of seasons, has a big chance of making it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back