AFL Player #27: Mason Redman šŸ•

Remove this Banner Ad

1. We had 7 draftees.
2. No they shouldn't.
I'd like to see them all given an opportunity in the senior team this year if they can be squeezed in. I reckon it's good for their development to see the standard they have to get to in order to become a regular member of the best 22. Probably doesn't apply to Hartley or Brown so much, and probably wait a while for Nyuon because he'll snap in half lol.

I'd like to see them all given an opportunity in the senior team this year if they can be squeezed in. I reckon it's good for their development to see the standard they have to get to in order to become a regular member of the best 22. Probably doesn't apply to Hartley or Brown so much, and probably wait a while for Nyuon because he'll snap in half lol.
Sure, get a game later in the season if their form warrants it, but to say all of them in from round 1 is just asking for trouble.

Sure, get a game later in the season if their form warrants it, but to say all of them in from round 1 is just asking for trouble.

Morgan and Francis look physically ready. Parish is light on so should be developed more. Redman much the same. Eades is at least 2 years away. Brown and Hartley are ready to go. If hooker or Hurley don't come up then Hartley plays. Brown will be in the mix as well unless he's earmarked to play forward to help Daniher.

9K10det.png

Whats happened to him? Gone off the planet?

Is he getting a game this weekend

I remembwer him having his injury concerns in preseason. I feel hes the most talented of our draftees hes the one i was most excited about.

I feel hes the most talented of our draftees hes the one i was most excited about.

Disagree, Francis by a fair way. Guy has top 10 in the AFL potential. That said Redman has become a really important acquisition, filling the role I think most had earmarked for Langford, as he looks more likely at becoming a midfielder who pinches forward.

Disagree, Francis by a fair way. Guy has top 10 in the AFL potential. That said Redman has become a really important acquisition, filling the role I think most had earmarked for Langford, as he looks more likely at becoming a midfielder who pinches forward.

Yeh i was going to say he was 2nd behind Francis. I have them pretty even Francis slightly ahead i just CBF writing more when on my phone but really should.

Yeh i think eventually Redman if still at the club 4-6 years time is a big body onballer who can run and jump but also play forward. See Fyfe, see Yeo, see Bont (role wise) not player. He's probably not too far from being similar to Yeo though.

Yeh i was going to say he was 2nd behind Francis. I have them pretty even Francis slightly ahead i just CBF writing more when on my phone but really should.

Yeh i think eventually Redman if still at the club 4-6 years time is a big body onballer who can run and jump but also play forward. See Fyfe, see Yeo, see Bont (role wise) not player. He's probably not too far from being similar to Yeo though.

Parish says "what about me it isn't fair"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parish says "what about me it isn't fair"

Hes got talent no doubt but i think hes going to be one who works really hard aswell (Not saying the others wont) he also seems to me *touch wood* i know that he will be a durable type who can gain confidence from consistency (This is where so many quality players suffer eg: Myers for us). Doesnt take long before you lose it, if your not a special type.

Im big on Redman just really liked the small snippetts i saw in the TAC. Its hard to know what hes going to be though. A mix of Yeo, Duncan, Caddy for me (Probably not as wide as Caddy and bullocking but i think he could go that way if we want him too).

Hes got talent no doubt but i think hes going to be one who works really hard aswell (Not saying the others wont) he also seems to me *touch wood* i know that he will be a durable type who can gain confidence from consistency (This is where so many quality players suffer eg: Myers for us). Doesnt take long before you lose it, if your not a special type.

Im big on Redman just really liked the small snippetts i saw in the TAC. Its hard to know what hes going to be though. A mix of Yeo, Duncan, Caddy for me (Probably not as wide as Caddy and bullocking but i think he could go that way if we want him too).

I had redman growing into a Gunston type 3rd forward. I like him but rate parish and Francis higher.

Is J.Merrett really 187? looks 180. I dont think ive seen him leap off the ground. Also think he will be a better 1vs1 contested player than Merrett i hope he becomes more than him thats for sure.

I think people are under rating his midfield ability. Doesnt he have a really strong tank? id like us to develop him mainly as a midfielder wing/onball. I know its hard early you have to be a bloody gem to get early games like that with his body and size. Fyfe, Bont, Duncan were all gems. Yeo started back and has progressed to some degree. Gunston started forward and works up nicely but doesnt have much contested footy to him.

Matthew Egan said:
Mason has had some knee issues in the pre-season and he has been in the rehab program but is very close to resuming full training and will likely play more than half of the VFL practice match against Geelong this Saturday. He's another exciting player who can play both forward or back, and with his determination, he will be an Essendon player for a long time.
https://www.facebook.com/Essendon/posts/10153926335734356

Looking forward to seeing Mason have a crack later in the season. He's a very athletic kid and will look real good on the wings and the flanks.

Him and Morgan are great, left-field picks which were either underrated or overlooked by most clubs and the media in general. As soon as word got around that this wasn't a deep draft, a lot of people immediately wrote off anybody outside the projected top 10 (I myself am guilty of that). Glad we chose these two.

Looking forward to seeing Mason have a crack later in the season. He's a very athletic kid and will look real good on the wings and the flanks.

Him and Morgan are great, left-field picks which were either underrated or overlooked by most clubs and the media in general. As soon as word got around that this wasn't a deep draft, a lot of people immediately wrote off anybody outside the projected top 10 (I myself am guilty of that). Glad we chose these two.
Me too currently but I reserve the right to go ape excrement if Balic/Bonner/Mathison turn out guns and this is the little merjew all over again.

Me too currently but I reserve the right to go ape excrement if Balic/Bonner/Mathison turn out guns and this is the little merjew all over again.
Why worry about Mathieson? He's playing at Brisbane and Parish is his best mate ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back