Past #27: Nathan O'Keefe - drafted with #59 in the '08 ND - delisted at end '10 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Grima played the game I was hoping Hansen would. I'm a Hansen supporter, but today he went into his shell, just when we needed him to step up.

Grima would be a better forward than Hale, but we need his stability down back right now. If Delaney stepped up, then I'd look at Hansen or Grima up forward.

what defence? All I saw was an open forward 50 for a dogs player to run into.

A Zone when you don't have pressure on and hold up movement of the ball is like trying to gather water with a sieve.

smith out.. he is not the answer and is just no good at afl level

o'keefe on the other hand does have a greater ceiling of potential and could actually be the answer.. i hope bon gives him close to 10 games this season to show us what hes got!

O'keefe looks good, will definately play again next week. His movement was really good. Shame he didnt convert any of his points and out on the full into goals. Josh Smith was interesting. First qtr I thought he played really good and I thought maybe this could be his game but then after that he went unsighted till the last qtr. Last qtr when he was in the backline was an interesting move but i actually thought that he didnt look half bad. Bon probably realised after he missed that easy goal that he was a backman lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you think about Smith GR?

I had a bloke sitting near me today who said Smith was "shit".

Don't know if he's good enough to be a consistent contributor. Could we say today that he improved on previous performances? I wouldn't think so. Can we say he's had any 'good' games at AFL level?

Alot of people said the s word when he missed that shot from 25m out.

A Zone when you don't have pressure on and hold up movement of the ball is like trying to gather water with a sieve.

Well said.

Our game plan is so poorly suited to our list ATM it's hard to watch, but you can see Brad thinks we can grow into it. The Hawks were rubbish for a year or 2 with their new gameplan under Clarko but when it clicked it won em a flag.

O'Keefe showed plenty of promise today. I thought was clear on the lead 4-5 more times today without being honoured by our ball carrier.

^^
Yep I'm more pointing the finger at the game plan. Never seen so many cheap goals against the run of play

You didn't see the Collingwood game :thumbsdown:? It's really hurting us when we play good teams..... As soon as they break through that defensive zone it's home sweet home for them.

O'Keefe was excellent today. He was a great target all day, just unlucky to have dropped a few easier marks. Definitely worth persisting with.

They need to get rid of this Bullshit zoning crap. How many f'ing goals have we copt this year beacuse their have been 2 or 3 men left unmarked in our defensive 50. Our backmen should be playing man on man, I have no problem if we zone the midfield/ forward line but the backline is pretty much the most import part of the team and if have 1 player on 3 players like it was on a few ocasions then how the **** are we gonna win! Its an absolute joke. I have no doubt that Brad Scott will be a good coach, but please change the game plan. I'm sick of seeing unmarked men in our backline.

Josh Smith will be gone, we have Hale and Petrie coming back into that forward line over the next couple.

O'Keefe was very exciting today. Clearly, Scott knows what he's doing by playing this kid.

O'Keefe was very exciting. Solid debut just suffered from the nerves I think.

Don't know if he's good enough to be a consistent contributor. Could we say today that he improved on previous performances? I wouldn't think so. Can we say he's had any 'good' games at AFL level?

Alot of people said the s word when he missed that shot from 25m out.

I personally think Smith is only ever going to be a depth player, but based on today I wouldn't be kicking anyone out of the team who missed shots from 25m out - because that was most of the team.

Josh Smith will be gone, we have Hale and Petrie coming back into that forward line over the next couple.

O'Keefe was very exciting today. Clearly, Scott knows what he's doing by playing this kid.

I get we have just added the third name to the delist at the end of the year-CJ, Pratt and Josh Smith.

I really liked what I saw from O'Keefe today. He has his debut out of the way and I reckon he'll very much enjoy having blokes like Dish around him in the F50 taking the gorillas. Good start Keefa :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back