Past #28: Kayne Turner - pick #25 in '14 RD - delisted end '22 - re-listed w/ #39 in '22 RD - delisted end "23 - 111gm/58gl - thx Kayno

Remove this Banner Ad

The only way to answer the question about where Sugar would go in this draft would be to look at who is in this draft.

Is he better than the following Mid types that are touted to go in the 20s
Brayshaw
Laverde
Weller
Duggan
Ellis
Cockatoo
Petracca
Heeney
Ahern
Steele

Pickett
Lamb
De Goey
Langford
Bullen
Menadue
Blakely
Maynard

You'd also have to factor in the talls to see where he may fall as a Digit(s) in the draft.

Now wait and see where they go and where you rate Sugar. There is your answer.

For me (you'll see in the bolded) he is better than those guys or at very least on par.

That for me would make him the 8th best mid type, therefore going inside 20 or even 15 this draft with talls yet to be determined

Also, I can't ever factor in having one less year in the underages. Does playing 6 great games in the AFL change that, I think maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there's a test at the combine for maniac

I couldn't help but laugh out of bewilderment when during one of the finals, he turned around on the boundary and gave it to an opposition player who was double his size. He had a look in his eyes that made him look like a lunatic... quite impressive!

Impossible to read where Sugar would sit in this year's draft. I prefer to remind everyone that he was another of North's rookie gold nuggets. Now if he does as well as we expect in the Rising Star in 2015 it would make 3 highly ranked kids in a row, with two of them from the rookie list. Excited to see him carry on from where he left off next year.

The great thing is that it doesn't matter at all.

He's played six games in the senior side. We know what we're gonna get. And the upside is much higher.

The thing about that draft, in all sports, is you try to project a player's skills or physique fiver years down the track into the player he might become.

We already know the player we have. And we know he's pretty good. And he could get better. As far as the draft goes, that means we should pay less attention to the beep tests and the jumps and all that s**t. You get the right guy...you got the right player.

I couldn't help but laugh out of bewilderment when during one of the finals, he turned around on the boundary and gave it to an opposition player who was double his size. He had a look in his eyes that made him look like a lunatic... quite impressive!
Was 20 feet away from that. It was their number 40, Stanton I think.

Crowd backed him to the hilt.

Anyone know how Sugar went in his English exam. Perhaps he could come on here and improve the shonky grammar. Very poor use of the subjunctive by some posters.

At least it would keep him busy and not go down the road to ruin like David Hale.

*Hales

Not sure where people are coming from with the 2014 draft hypotheticals for Kayne.

Are you comparing his 2013 u18 ouput against the 2014 draft pool? Probably still be a rookie pick if so.

Are you comparing his 2014 output against the 2014 draft pool, as if he entered the draft as an uncontracted 1 year AFL player? Probably top 50 national draft then.

A hypothetical of him having gone on and played out an additional u18 in 2014 is too abstract imo to guess at.

The closest equivalent style player that I'm aware of in the 2014 draft pool was Clem Smith who went in the 60s.

Kayne's value to the side is already strong and he may never be a big accumulator, but don't be surprised if the forum vultures circle in a couple of years if he's not starting to play more on ground minutes, get higher possession counts or becoming more damaging with the pill.

Not sure where people are coming from with the 2014 draft hypotheticals for Kayne.

Are you comparing his 2013 u18 ouput against the 2014 draft pool? Probably still be a rookie pick if so.

Are you comparing his 2014 output against the 2014 draft pool, as if he entered the draft as an uncontracted 1 year AFL player? Probably top 50 national draft then.

A hypothetical of him having gone on and played out an additional u18 in 2014 is too abstract imo to guess at.

The closest equivalent style player that I'm aware of in the 2014 draft pool was Clem Smith who went in the 60s.

Kayne's value to the side is already strong and he may never be a big accumulator, but don't be surprised if the forum vultures circle in a couple of years if he's not starting to play more on ground minutes, get higher possession counts or becoming more damaging with the pill.

Pick 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back