Past #28: Robin Nahas - delisted by NM - 34 games for the club - thank you Robin

Is Nahas able to be played next week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This.

Not only is Gibson useless as sub and undeserving of a full game next week, but we missed Nahas buzzing around the contest yesterday, taking a short run forward before he releases the ball. Bring him in on the fact that he gives a s**t, and that's what we need.
Let's pray it happens.
Nahas gives us much more than Gibson. Brad has made good moves since coming back so hopefully it continues

2. After missing last week due to injury, Robbie Nahas returned and was arguably the Roosters’ best forward. He was dangerous both with and without the ball, kicking three goals and laying nine tackles.

“He was very lively today, and his numbers are excellent for a mid-forward.

“He looked dangerous and his pressure was quite good, so it was a strong performance.”

I really want Robin back in the team ATM.....club has to reward players who are doing what they're instructed to do. If our team had that same desire that Nahas has been displaying all year we wouldn't be 9th on the ladder at the moment.

Classic case of there being no spot
I really want Robin back in the team ATM.....club has to reward players who are doing what they're instructed to do. If our team had that same desire that Nahas has been displaying all year we wouldn't be 9th on the ladder at the moment.
I'm in the same boat but he either replaces Turner or Garner and neither of those two are in any danger of losing their spot.

I know everyone loves Kayne but Robbie replaces him this week for mine. A 7 disposal, 2 goal game hardly puts you in the untouchable category. Bring Robbie in, let Kayne know that his spot is there for the taking, and if he performs at VFL level then he's straight back in as soon as someone slips up.

I know everyone loves Kayne but Robbie replaces him this week for mine. A 7 disposal, 2 goal game hardly puts you in the untouchable category. Bring Robbie in, let Kayne know that his spot is there for the taking, and if he performs at VFL level then he's straight back in as soon as someone slips up.
It won't kill the lad to go back down......I noticed he is getting bigger frame wise but we need to nurse this kid the next few years til he fills out a bit.

Yep, he deserves his spot back, but who comes out? Turner and Garner were quieter, but they arguably have more upside than Robbie. Tough decision!

Yep, he deserves his spot back, but who comes out? Turner and Garner were quieter, but they arguably have more upside than Robbie. Tough decision!

Waite gets a spot ahead of Black, Majak and possibly Wood based on 'present vs future' so by that rationale Robbie should get a spot ahead of both of them.

Waite gets a spot ahead of Black, Majak and possibly Wood based on 'present vs future' so by that rationale Robbie should get a spot ahead of both of them.
Touché! Either way, I'm glad I'm not part of the selection committee. Tough job this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turner's output shouldn't be measured on stats.

His intensity and defensive work is too easily overlooked. I'd gladly take 7 possies and 2 goals every week for him knowing what else he provides.

In terms of Nahas, i'm happy if comes in for JMac/Mullett (inj), or maybe Gibson who must be close to omitting albeit unlikely.

For mine he doesn't replace Turner (or Garner).

Last edited:
Funny, I was just saying this about another player ...

Agree with this. Although you can't rate either purely on stats, I think they both play the same role and Robbie plays it better atm

Gotta love this bloke, not the most graceful or skilled player ever to pull on the jumper but gee his determination and grit no matter what level he's playing at is just brilliant. Dare I say it but he epitomises the shinboner spirit!

Last edited:
Gotta love this bloke, not the most graceful or skilled player ever to pull on the jumper but gee his determination and grit no matter what level he's playing at is just brilliant. Dare I say it but he optimises the shinboner spirit!
Optimises? Epitomises?

Back