Past #28: Robin Nahas - delisted by NM - 34 games for the club - thank you Robin

Is Nahas able to be played next week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nahas is in our best 22 atm and I think he has the capacity to do some real damage in a game. Done some ordinary things on the weekend but that goal of the ground was a gem. I think calls for him never to play again are a little harsh, love the effort he shows

Last edited:
We aren't in development mode and he offers more than Harper/Turner at the moment. (And i love Sugar BTW)

If either of the two need to come in I'd even play Nahas in Gibbo's role who couldn't do worse than Gibbo at the moment.

Nahas suffers from bigfooty whipping boy status.

He's comfortably in our side but gets judged harsher than most because of his past at Richmond where most considered him a spud (I honestly thought he was okay at the Tiges but im in the minority) and the fact he isn't a "Roos" player for his entire career.

Perfect example of this is the fact his clangers are in the title, other players have a bad game and would just have their low disposal count but Nahas get's a negative stat highlighted.

Could kick 3 goals and get 30 touches and someone would still find a way to whinge about him and how someone else should be in ahead of him

Last edited:
We aren't in development mode and he offers more than Harper/Turner at the moment. (And i love Sugar BTW)

If either of the two need to come in I'd even play Nahas in Gibbo's role who couldn't do worse than Gibbo at the moment.
As much of a hack kick Gibbo is and poor decisions he makes, he has more aerobic capacity than anyone on our list has. Which is important considering the modern game spread and the fact that he is the only one covering ground when we turn it over or have to defend. That's why he gets a game week in week out.
Nahas makes the same poor decisions at crucial momentum changing times.
Throw Gibbo in the forward line and he is guaranteed to kick a goal or 2. And Atleast apply defensive pressure and tackle which is something nahas can't do.

The Tripod has fantastic goal sense, and we are a better side with him in it IMHO. Thought he was good on Sunday, wouldn't mind a few more tackles. Talks of being unable to play him, Harper and Garner in the same side are rubbish, the more pace we can add the better, as long as their defensive pressure is up to the required standard.

Hmm its a tough question, I think Nahas is best 22 because he hits the scoreboard, but his pressure needs to get better.
Garner lays more tackles from what I can see but doesn't look as dangerous yet around the goals, but I like his toughness.

Daw could play Yippo's role and make more of a fist of it.:) but then Daw aint in the leadership group, so doubt that will happen.

He's comfortably in our side but gets judged harsher than most because of his past at Richmond where most considered him a spud (I honestly thought he was okay at the Tiges but im in the minority) and the fact he isn't a "Roos" player for his entire career.

Perfect example of this is the fact his clangers are in the title, other players have a bad game and would just have their low disposal count but Nahas get's a negative stat highlighted.

Could kick 3 goals and get 30 touches and someone would still find a way to whinge about him and how someone else should be in ahead of him

I would agree, but Waite throws that argument out the window, Waite could be a whipping boy by form and defensive pressure forces him not to be, same can't be said for Nahas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much of a hack kick Gibbo is and poor decisions he makes, he has more aerobic capacity than anyone on our list has. Which is important considering the modern game spread and the fact that he is the only one covering ground when we turn it over or have to defend. That's why he gets a game week in week out.
Nahas makes the same poor decisions at crucial momentum changing times.
Throw Gibbo in the forward line and he is guaranteed to kick a goal or 2. And Atleast apply defensive pressure and tackle which is something nahas can't do.

when he was getting 5 more kicks a game last year I would agree with you, but not on 2015 form.

I would agree, but Waite throws that argument out the window, Waite could be a whipping boy by form and defensive pressure forces him not to be, same can't be said for Nahas.
You think Waite isn't a whipping boy? Go read his thread. Go read the game day threads. He is a whipping boy too. Had to work his absolute ass off to get any grudging respect.

Also the sneaky edit of the thread title. I like it mods.

This. Can you imagine if it had of been Harper that kicked 7 in the VFL?

Hit the nail smack right on the head.

Would love to see anyone disagree with this.

Hiiiiii.

Max Warren is my whipping boy. And just like all whipping boys, it's for nonsensical reasons.

Any issues I have with Nahas would be related to his time here. Like it should be, and I'd like to see someone prove all issues are about his former club.

Hiiiiii.

Max Warren is my whipping boy. And just like all whipping boys, it's for nonsensical reasons.

Any issues I have with Nahas would be related to his time here. Like it should be, and I'd like to see someone prove all issues are about his former club.

Admirable of you, but not everyone is like that.

Noone ever claimed the sole reason he cops it is because of his former club. What I said was the way he was viewed at his former club colours the opinion of some on this board. You're taking a very narrow approach to the quote unquote dislike of him only focusing on one particular portion of it being his former club.

Hiiiiii.

Well if that's the case, then he has rarely had a bad game for this club, so there should not be any issues.

Well, I disagree with it. First, how can you argue he is 'comfortably' best 22? He struggles with skills and decision-making, problems that are not outweighed by his commitment and endeavour.

Second, there is no basis for alleging people dislike him / judge him harsher just because he came from Richmond. I would estimate that I am in the majority of North supporters who doesn't give a flying f*** where a player comes from in assessing their current worth to our team.

Is Nahas currently in our best 22? Yes!

Does he have much upside? No.

Does he make some absolute howlers by foot? Yes!

Is his defensive work up to standard? Gets a few tackles but not enough for my liking. I find his tackles don't stick enough.

Is Nahas currently in our best 22? Yes!

Does he have much upside? No.

Does he make some absolute howlers by foot? Yes!

Is his defensive work up to standard? Gets a few tackles but not enough for my liking. I find his tackles don't stick enough.
Laid a great one on the wing on saturday.

Did his job to keep his spot in the team though.

Back