Retired #29: Patrick Ambrose - Officially retired - 11/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait to upgrade this lad to the main list.

Our recruitment team is starting to make a habit of uncovering gems from obscurity.

I dunno if this has already been pointed out/asked but there's a M Amborse named on the vfl bench, is that his brother? Cousin? And if so is he any good? Would love two sets of brothers out there. Jerrett to Mambrose who passes to Zerrett who kicks to the lead of Pambrose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dunno if this has already been pointed out/asked but there's a M Amborse named on the vfl bench, is that his brother? Cousin? And if so is he any good? Would love two sets of brothers out there. Jerrett to Mambrose who passes to Zerrett who kicks to the lead of Pambrose?

Pretty sure its Marcus. Decent engine and has plenty of speed when he puts pedal to the metal...

I'll show myself out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Says Murphy is about 186cm and 78kgs

Here's the info off the vfl website for those interested.

"Murphy is a strong bodied midfielder that can also tag players out of the game. His body work in contested situation is a great strength. We are looking for Murphy to use his speed and endurance to take the game on and break the lines."

Might struggle to break back into the team once Ryder and TBell are up and running, but enough to suggest he will get an upgrade at end of season, and looks to have a future ahead of him.

Would be quite amazed if Murphy Ambrose got a gig. He's hard and he gives his all but he lacks the size and amazing athleticism of his brother and skill that would make him a viable midfield selection for Essendon in a 2014 draft. That's not to say that he couldn't play AFL but I can't see the long term potential in him for our current list that would make it a worthwhile selection.

Brother. Tough as nails, broke his jaw in the last 5 minutes of the Old Xavs GF last year going flat out for a ball he didn't need to win because the game had already been won.

Probably not at AFL standard though. He's a midfielder, and a couple of years older than Paddy so time is not on his side.

Brother. Tough as nails, broke his jaw in the last 5 minutes of the Old Xavs GF last year going flat out for a ball he didn't need to win because the game had already been won.

Probably not at AFL standard though. He's a midfielder, and a couple of years older than Paddy so time is not on his side.
Yeah. Has Paddy's fitness and aggression but doesn't really have any weapons. No where near AFL standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back