Opinion 3 Big Calls In 2015 - Essendon Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Play a much more attacking free flowing brand of football under Hird
2. Fletcher to retire mid season
3. Melksham breaks back into the side and plays 20 games

Urgh. That means a losing grand final. :(

yeh but it all comes down to the development of the team my friend.

Alot of predictions for Fletch to hit 400 and retire in style. Either way, the FC better put on a massive farewell for both him and the fans.

Dempsey isn't a midfielder. He's fixed the only problem he's had as a HB, he can defend well now. Last season his skills were below his usual standard but to say he's a poor kick is complete crap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not complete crap. He turned it over constantly.
One season of below standard kicking means he's a poor kick? BJ was the same, but he certainly isn't a poor kick. Dempsey had an off season in terms of his kicking. Big deal. He'll come back and be the usual above average kick in the AFL side next year.

One season of below standard kicking means he's a poor kick? BJ was the same, but he certainly isn't a poor kick. Dempsey had an off season in terms of his kicking. Big deal. He'll come back and be the usual above average kick in the AFL side next year.
BJ's kicking was not at all comparable to Dempsey's. Dempsey would either kick it high or to an opposition player. I agree that his defensive work was extremely impressive, but his kicking was undoubtedly poor this season.

hMM - Some big calls going off here. Tried to get into the farkhead group but I didn't have the right shoes ... Thought Dempsey actually improved, in the end, last year. Or is that a trick of perspective? I thought the problem with his kicking is usually mostly mental/decision making, not technical ...

It's been threatened many, many times.

But Jade has finally lost his marbles.
Bf5SFECCEAADWrm.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back