Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I've heard, Garlett went through a messy relationship breakdown last year. Kid involved apparently. Dropped his head and it translated into poor on field performance. I think this in turn cost him a bit of respect from the coaching staff and other players. They were trying to get him up but then he had that fight in the CBD and him and Robbo weren't upfront about it and that was the last straw.

He needed a fresh start.

Best for both parties IMO. Though probably very bittersweet for Carlton. When he is playing well he is a damn good prospect.

Waite will continue to kick his three n fours if given enough supply from our mids.

He as stated in a great contested mark and knows how to position himself.

Lockett, Dunstall and Ablett wouldn't have troubled the scores last week had they been playing for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IT WAS the sort of performance that would have prompted tortured Carlton fans to hurl their remotes at the television.

No doubt already miserable over the Blues’ winless start to the season, their weekend ended with former star Jarrad Waite putting on a clinic.

The ex-Blues spearhead was last night at the front of an emphatic North Melbourne response against the hapless Brisbane Lions at Etihad Stadium, kicking 7.1 from 22 possessions and 12 marks — five contested.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...-carltons-wounds/story-fndv8rij-1227300745484
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/af...-carltons-wounds/story-fndv8rij-1227300745484
Couldnt have put it better myself.

11010506_411001259079203_1057461451064210484_n.jpg

Correct me if Im wrong Waitey strikes me as the forward for when we're on a role he has an appetite for the kill, which we as supporters love.
Love the Dish but I feel hes a tad more complacent.

There were two sets of play that highlights the difference for mine......

Drew had the chance to drill the knee to protect himself from player coming back at him- didnt and spilled the mark. Waite gets the chance - did lay the knee in and marked

There were two sets of play that highlights the difference for mine......

Drew had the chance to drill the knee to protect himself from player coming back at him- didnt and spilled the mark. Waite gets the chance - did lay the knee in and marked
When Dish missed a 20m pass to Goldi on his own. Thats complacent.

When Dish missed a 20m pass to Goldi on his own. Thats complacent.

I can see him struggling as the season goes on tbh. He cant ruck so we need Brown whos typically a deadeye shot anyway, add in Waite and we're looking top heavy particularly when we have the likes of mobile talls in Wood/ Black lurking around

I can see him struggling as the season goes on tbh. He cant ruck so we need Brown whos typically a deadeye shot anyway, add in Waite and we're looking top heavy particularly when we have the likes of mobile talls in Wood/ Black lurking around
Dish didnt do a preseason. And its showing. He was actually really good after half time tho. And if Dish is taking the 2nd defender well go far in September.
But like I said his decision making at times isnt good enough.

Dish didnt do a preseason. And its showing. He was actually really good after half time tho. And if Dish is taking the 2nd defender well go far in September.
But like I said his decision making at times isnt good enough.
Petrie was pretty decent today... a solid game...

Im just wondering how we fit all of Petrie, Waite, Wood, Brown, Black in the side...

Petrie was pretty decent today... a solid game...

Im just wondering how we fit all of Petrie, Waite, Wood, Brown, Black in the side...
Yeh after half time started clunking them and providing headaches.
Black should be told you, Mason and Ben have the forward line to yourselves for 10 years from 2017 onwards.
Be patient.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back