Past #31: David Hale - drafted at #7 in the Superdraft - 129 games for NM - traded to HFC in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Every one of you ****s wanted Hale traded!
Point is we have no say in it, no say in it at all, Hales might have been a dud at North but the real dud has finally been unmasked, Brad is no good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Point is we have no say in it, no say in it at all, Hales might have been a dud at North but the real dud has finally been unmasked, Brad is no good.

The point is you have no idea, no idea at all. You wanted Hale traded, now you are criticising the move. Your judgement is poor, so i will ignore your opinions of Brad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The point is you have no idea, no idea at all. You wanted Hale traded, now you are criticising the move. Your judgement is poor, so i will ignore your opinions of Brad.
Where have I criticised the move cheif?

Yeah, ok. This is fun, but too much excitement at this time of night affects my sleep, so ill leave you to it cheif.
Quote the post cheif, all good.

Think the op forgot how bad hale was for us. If Digby morell went to hawks he would have looked like Carey. Also we couldn't justify $450k on hale when he was playing in the reserves with urquhart

Please. Hales was very ordinary in his last couple of years at North. In his last year he struggled to play senior football on a consistent basis. Does he really dominate for Hawthorn anyways? Just does a job. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please. Hales was very ordinary in his last couple of years at North. In his last year he struggled to play senior football on a consistent basis. Does he really dominate for Hawthorn anyways? Just does a job. :stern look

He is hugely important to them, probably in their top 6 - 8 players structurally now.

The fact he stink it up for us and languished in the seconds and has gone on to win flags and cement his spot in a much better team says a lot about us and raises questions over our ability to develop elite players and coach them.

Not to mention we are now vulnerable in an area that was once strong.

He is hugely important to them, probably in their top 6 - 8 players structurally now.

The fact he stink it up for us and languished in the seconds and has gone on to win flags and cement his spot in a much better team says a lot about us and raises questions over our ability to develop elite players and coach them.

Not to mention we are now vulnerable in an area that was once strong.
Yeah not so sure about Hales importance structurally to the Hawks. I dare say if he missed for an extended period of time Hawthorn would still find a way to win.

As for our ability to develop elite players to reach their potential, you may be onto something. But with this current playing group time will tell. :stern look

Because under Laidley Hale was a dud. We lived on his big haul against Geelong way back when we were the last team to beat them before their indisruptable Winning streak in 2007. He failed to live up as a forward ruck for us. We all labelled him a dud and were happy to see him go. Laidley persisted to play him as a forward. We had macintosh in the ruck and also had Goldie.
He has obviously been coached better and used differently at Hawthorn

Simply put he was and still is a guy who can't consistently put good performances in. He is an integral part of the hawks set up but they can get by with a guy doing part time ruck from the forward half who averages low numbers most weeks and kicks the odd goal. He plays some great cameos but as a high draft pick I suspect we were looking for your true gamebreaker\dominant big man. He was a good Nth man and will end up with maybe more premiership medals yet. Has always threatened to take his game to the elite level without actually getting there.

We should have traded Boomer for Renouf and Gibson for Taylor instead.

Renouf Hale Petrie
Taylor Goldstein McIntosh
Currie Daw Hansen
Black Thompson Grima
Wallace Tarrant Curran

Maybe see how Spider Burton's knees feel? We are a bit short on the bench.

We traded him for shits and giggles and to have it called into question by supporters when he plays well or we play poorly.
It's a bit of a joke isn't it. When we're good enough to beat Hawthorn, I doubt that David Hale will have much say in it. I can understand our supporters shittiness at him looking good, we did invest a bit in him, but sometimes you have to cut your losses and move on. Is he better than Todd Goldstein? Hardly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back