Past #31: David Hale - drafted at #7 in the Superdraft - 129 games for NM - traded to HFC in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst we lament Goldstein's inability to influence a game this year and deride Currie's ability to influence even a contest, two former Kangaroo ruckmen - Hale and McIntosh - are proving invaluable for their new clubs.

It's killing me watching Hale and McIntosh both ruck AND go forward to take big marks and kick goals.

What we wouldn't give to have one of them back at the moment.
Thinking just the same.....Hale, I don't think we would have let him go if the bench rule was around back then. Mcintosh I haven't a problem with this one cause he's been out for such a long time.

Benny, you're entitled to your opinion bloke . And me mine. We don't have to agree.
Its not that mate, you are well and truly entitled... its just you have said it about 25 times in the last few days, Goldy is not in the top list of our problems, his output was slowed down in the first few rounds due to injury, that was pretty clear, he is doing well enough, we have about 6-7 other players that are not pulling their weight....

Also if you are going to be critical provide an alternative, something we can discuss, rather than just Goldy is crap...

Its not that mate, you are well and truly entitled... its just you have said it about 25 times in the last few days, Goldy is not in the top list of our problems, his output was slowed down in the first few rounds due to injury, that was pretty clear, he is doing well enough, we have about 6-7 other players that are not pulling their weight....

Also if you are going to be critical provide an alternative, something we can discuss, rather than just Goldy is crap...

Do a recount......the last few days Ben, lets not take into preseason. And if people also share my view on Goldstein I have the right to support them in their opinion.
Goldsteins marking almost doubled against the pies. he's had 7 in 5 games. His tap outs (where he is king) is 20 per game less than Mumford so far this season but yes he got injured in the 1st game,(is he still injured?? his form leads this way) his physicality is zero, but he does tackle (thats a plus).
Ive haven't said Goldstein is crap, Ive said he needs to present himself aerially and physically which he hasn't prior to the Collingwood game (he has taken 2 overhead marks ....see my signature below)......what I have said is Currie isn't getting a fair go (to those who are potting him), he is playing as a forward who rucks 5-15% what ever it is. We haven't given him a decent run in the ruck.

Name those players you have concerns about. I'm happy to discuss them but I will not back down on Goldstein and his style of play. When he plays great Im happy for the bloke, it generally also means we win.... and we're all happy. But my opinion of Goldstein has been like this for more than a few games.

I don't know if you've ever chatted to players before and ask them things about football. I have and I enjoy listening to past players on their thoughts on certain situations etc.

Examples. Jason Ball (ex eagle/swan) on Mckernan......"loved playing on him because he was weak as piss". (His words not mine) But the fact is every time he was to line up against Corey he always felt he would play better than him because he could intimate him physically. WAS THIS THE CASE ? I don't know.

This is an example of the perception of opposition players on our players that is important ....again I don't think many fear Goldstein.

Some of you blokes dishing it out to Hamish want to look at the facts.
The only things he did wrong for us were get injured and miss a kick on goal after the siren in a game once.
Firstly its not like the bloke wanted to get injured, it happens, and you live with it.
As for the miss on goal, the day that becomes a capital offence is the day I Hope Drewwy gets a bloody good defence council!

Hale was always a very good ruck man and he could play forward. Would have loved to kept him in conjunction with Goldy.
Big H had injury concerns so I can understand why we traded him. Good to see them both doing well. Liked both players.

Do a recount......the last few days Ben, lets not take into preseason. And if people also share my view on Goldstein I have the right to support them in their opinion.
Goldsteins marking almost doubled against the pies. he's had 7 in 5 games. His tap outs (where he is king) is 20 per game less than Mumford so far this season but yes he got injured in the 1st game,(is he still injured?? his form leads this way) his physicality is zero, but he does tackle (thats a plus).
Ive haven't said Goldstein is crap, Ive said he needs to present himself aerially and physically which he hasn't prior to the Collingwood game (he has taken 2 overhead marks ....see my signature below)......what I have said is Currie isn't getting a fair go (to those who are potting him), he is playing as a forward who rucks 5-15% what ever it is. We haven't given him a decent run in the ruck.

Name those players you have concerns about. I'm happy to discuss them but I will not back down on Goldstein and his style of play. When he plays great Im happy for the bloke, it generally also means we win.... and we're all happy. But my opinion of Goldstein has been like this for more than a few games.

I don't know if you've ever chatted to players before and ask them things about football. I have and I enjoy listening to past players on their thoughts on certain situations etc.

Examples. Jason Ball (ex eagle/swan) on Mckernan......"loved playing on him because he was weak as piss". (His words not mine) But the fact is every time he was to line up against Corey he always felt he would play better than him because he could intimate him physically. WAS THIS THE CASE ? I don't know.

This is an example of the perception of opposition players on our players that is important ....again I don't think many fear Goldstein.
obsession-men.jpg

Whilst we lament Goldstein's inability to influence a game this year and deride Currie's ability to influence even a contest, two former Kangaroo ruckmen - Hale and McIntosh - are proving invaluable for their new clubs.

It's killing me watching Hale and McIntosh both ruck AND go forward to take big marks and kick goals.

What we wouldn't give to have one of them back at the moment

Kiddies, This is why you should stay away from drugs !!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. McIntosh has taken about 5 contested marks in his Geelong career so far.

2. Hale wasnt ever going to get the silver service delivery he gets at Hawthorn. He's no different a player now to what he was.

We needed the ruckman and Goldy is better than both.

What we are lacking is that ruck/forward. Majak has to grab this role.

This, agree on all of the above. We desperately need that ruck/forward role filled, Maj being the main man.

We were well ahead of time when we recruited Mark 'The Fridge' Roberts back in the 90's from Brisbane, would love someone of his ilk now.

I actually don't mind watching those two players.
Sure I understand that some of you feel sick watching them play in opposition colours but some of you were actually wanting this to happen.

I haven't got a problem with losing Hale and H. They just didn't fit into our structures when they were traded or now, for that matter. Maj should mature into a superior resource than either.
We needed the cap space as well.
What rustles my jimmies is that , in exchange, we got Harper(can't get a game n probably never will) and Jacobs(can barely get a game and fails to impact when he does - although he was very good in the 2nd Geelong game last year)
Hope I hope they both mature into guns but the signs aren't great at the minute.
I wish our departed rucks all the best. It's not their fault we wasted the picks we got for them.

Im not going to count it because we both know its more than enough, also you using it as a signature just proves my point.

We dont have anyone on the list that is is even close to Goldstein in terms of playing the ruck position.

Goldstein has been better than Mumford in rounds 4 and 5.... ow Mumford didnt play those rounds you say...well how about you take into account Goldstein couldn't lift his arm in the first game and was underdone in second round, and in both those games he didn't let his opponent off the chain.
Mumford played Pike from Sydney, the useless rucks that St kilda have and who ever rucks for Melbourne, id expect him to be leading the way considering he is a top liner and those mentioned are not.

Jason ball ball was an average AFL player so i dont really give a shit what he says, same way as when i asked Simon Taylor what he thought of the Rucks in the AFL and he said, Dean cox and Brendon lade are the best.... Hmac is not very good because he gets lots of cheap ones on the wing.... his words not mine... this was circa 2008, but i dont give a crap what he says because he was very poor himself.

Players dont fear other players like they did in the 90's you cant do anything to anyone.... if Byron played today no one fear him either because he would be half the player without the hard stuff.....

Players who are a bigger problem than Goldstein are Petrie, Wells, Gibson, Atley, Mullet, Wright, Jacobs just to name a few, none are providing enough output and if you want to take it further what is going on with Black, Harper, LT, Greenwood why cant these guys cement their spot in the team with solid consistent play?

I wouldn't say Goldy is better than McIntosh. I'd take a fit McIntosh over Goldy.

Assuming they were all fit, it'll go something like

McIntosh>Goldstein>>Hale

Edit:
>>>>>>>>>>>>Currie

Im not going to count it because we both know its more than enough, also you using it as a signature just proves my point.

We dont have anyone on the list that is is even close to Goldstein in terms of playing the ruck position.

Goldstein has been better than Mumford in rounds 4 and 5.... ow Mumford didnt play those rounds you say...well how about you take into account Goldstein couldn't lift his arm in the first game and was underdone in second round, and in both those games he didn't let his opponent off the chain.
Mumford played Pike from Sydney, the useless rucks that St kilda have and who ever rucks for Melbourne, id expect him to be leading the way considering he is a top liner and those mentioned are not.

Jason ball ball was an average AFL player so i dont really give a shit what he says, same way as when i asked Simon Taylor what he thought of the Rucks in the AFL and he said, Dean cox and Brendon lade are the best.... Hmac is not very good because he gets lots of cheap ones on the wing.... his words not mine... this was circa 2008, but i dont give a crap what he says because he was very poor himself.

Players dont fear other players like they did in the 90's you cant do anything to anyone.... if Byron played today no one fear him either because he would be half the player without the hard stuff.....

Players who are a bigger problem than Goldstein are Petrie, Wells, Gibson, Atley, Mullet, Wright, Jacobs just to name a few, none are providing enough output and if you want to take it further what is going on with Black, Harper, LT, Greenwood why cant these guys cement their spot in the team with solid consistent play?
This was tied in to the article regarding Mathews on Sandilands, all I said was I'd be interested to know how he feels about Goldstein.

Another article claiming coaches back his statements...http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-13/coaches-back-lethal-comments. Please read.

Other clubs treat ruck men less preciously than most of you here.......these are facts not my fiction. Just watch the ruck merry go round every trade time in October.

This was tied in to the article regarding Mathews on Sandilands, all I said was I'd be interested to know how he feels about Goldstein.

Another article claiming coaches back his statements...http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-13/coaches-back-lethal-comments. Please read.

Other clubs treat ruck men less preciously than most of you here.......these are facts not my fiction. Just watch the ruck merry go round every trade time in October.
Yeah we all know what he wrote, he also forgot to sing his praises for Clark Keating for stepping up in September.

so what do you suggest we play Maj in the ruck full time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back