Senior 31. Harry Lemmey

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry has only ever done 1 proper pre-season due to high level cricket commitments in the past so has massive upside in regard to still learning the game and growing into a football body. Ultimate professional when it comes to looking after himself and his training standards. His vision and skills for a 200cm are elite.

Harry has only ever done 1 proper pre-season due to high level cricket commitments in the past so has massive upside in regard to still learning the game and growing into a football body. Ultimate professional when it comes to looking after himself and his training standards. His vision and skills for a 200cm are elite.

Hope the high performance team have taken into account previous learnings of our younger taller lads who have had dare I say stress fractures in feet and back. :think:

Anyone have a view on Lemmey's competitiveness that is slated as the reason for him falling to pick 46?. I personally think, KPFs need to be picked on talent and that once you train the "puppy" out of them, belief and confidence result in competitiveness. I think of Quinlan, lloyd, longmire, ditchburn as being gentle giant types compared to Locket, Ablett, Hall

Ok, taking a few suggestions here, who does Harry Lemmey look like? (sorry AW, Earl isn't getting a run!)

View attachment 1565562

i must break you dolph lundgren GIF

Feeling confident about our new Harry, another 2M+ giant, agile, good kick & footy IQ, reckon this youngster is going to do very well indeed.
May well end up the big steal of the 2022 cohort in 3 to 4 years time..

Interested to hear where people thing he will play. There are two roles in the side I can see him playing and that is CHB or forward ruck.

Young is going well at CHB but he's no superstar, while he has the position cemented for now it would not take much to dislodge him from that position. Is Lemme a better runner (speed and endurance) who will eventually be able to compete with the big forwards, read the plan and take intercept marks?

The other position is forward ruck. We don't really have one but are a better side with a competent player in the role. Pittonet has no ability to play the position and Mirkov is not an option either. DeKoning has some ability as a forward ruck but has lacked the consistency for me. Silvagni is better as a 4th tall forward in a forward line with a proper forward ruck. I can see him getting the first look at senior footy in this role.

We don't haven any weak players in any positions in our team now but if we are looking to upgrade any positions to someone who may be a level above then these two roles stand out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez... sounds like we got the next superstar KPP on our hands here!

Any reason he dropped to pick #47 in a shallow draft?

Hugely interrupted start to this season with Covid and then another illness. Put straight into the League SANFL team and struggled a bit and the team was struggling big time and the ball movement didn’t help him.

Started to get going late in the year and had a good last 6 weeks in U18s and Reserves finals.

Has a heap to work on like all kids do but huge upside.

I think his athletic testing was poor in terms of speed and agility. Good endurance though. It may have contributed along with ordinary form during the year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Harry Lemmey debuted in top level grade cricket as a 15yo fast bowler.

Any idea if recruiting a football/cricket prodigy from SA will ever work at Carlton?

;)

I think there’s a precedent somewhere or other.

And I’m pretty sure he played with a certain CHF from WA who could bowl a bit too

Interested to hear where people thing he will play. There are two roles in the side I can see him playing and that is CHB or forward ruck.

Young is going well at CHB but he's no superstar, while he has the position cemented for now it would not take much to dislodge him from that position. Is Lemme a better runner (speed and endurance) who will eventually be able to compete with the big forwards, read the plan and take intercept marks?

The other position is forward ruck. We don't really have one but are a better side with a competent player in the role. Pittonet has no ability to play the position and Mirkov is not an option either. DeKoning has some ability as a forward ruck but has lacked the consistency for me. Silvagni is better as a 4th tall forward in a forward line with a proper forward ruck. I can see him getting the first look at senior footy in this role.

We don't haven any weak players in any positions in our team now but if we are looking to upgrade any positions to someone who may be a level above then these two roles stand out.

Young is doing fantastically well.

Young is doing fantastically well.

He is but there are better players out there and if one comes along, if Lemmy say becomes a Sam Dekoning quality defender and over takes him then we go forward again. Young still has some improvement to go before we stop looking/thinking about CHB.

He is but there are better players out there and if one comes along, if Lemmy say becomes a Sam Dekoning quality defender and over takes him then we go forward again. Young still has some improvement to go before we stop looking/thinking about CHB.
That is why we drafted a key forward who perhaps could play key defence. We are happy with Young and Durdin as back up. You post some good stuff, but please don’t get carried away with personal bias over reality like “a few” do.

The expectations on Lemmey here by many are off the charts, give the kid a year or two to learn the ropes and then show us what he can do.

That is why we drafted a key forward who perhaps could play key defence. We are happy with Young and Durdin as back up. You post some good stuff, but please don’t get carried away with personal bias over reality like “a few” do.

The expectations on Lemmey here by many are off the charts, give the kid a year or two to learn the ropes and then show us what he can do.
Everyone has personal bias, Lemmy is a wait and see prospect for a few seasons at least unless he's a freak talent. I am not sure what we have here but I think the idea will be a forward ruck however who knows. Voss is doing what we haven't seen at Carlton since the 90s, he's happy to upgrade on guys who can play for someone who can play better. It's becoming a really strong list and that is what happens.

Everyone has personal bias, Lemmy is a wait and see prospect for a few seasons at least unless he's a freak talent. I am not sure what we have here but I think the idea will be a forward ruck however who knows. Voss is doing what we haven't seen at Carlton since the 90s, he's happy to upgrade on guys who can play for someone who can play better. It's becoming a really strong list and that is what happens.
If he develops well, he could be the 3rd tall....Charlie in reality being the 3rd tall.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back