News Jarrad Redden returns to WWT Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any update on how Jarrad has gone with his shoulder surgery and how he is travelling during the pre season?

From a pure footy perspective, I think the kid reads the play and the flight of the ball very well for a big fella. I think he can become a handy ruck who can go forward, take a grab and kick a goal so was hoping he'd be back in contention for a spot by round one but can't find any info.

Is there any update on how Jarrad has gone with his shoulder surgery and how he is travelling during the pre season? ....
None that I know of but there have been a couple of training threads which contain pictures and player info and no doubt there will be more. So keep an eye out there.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-02-04/injury-update-jarrad-redden

Unfortunately further surgery on his troublesome knee for Big Red. To miss 8 - 10 weeks of full training after a heavily interrupted preseason. Looks to be a prospect for the back half of the year only in 2014. Hang in there big fella! Got big hopes for you in the future.

ouch, looks like Lobbe will be our most important player in 2014. History says missing out on a full preseason means further injury risk is high so I don't expect much from big red this year.

that said, fingers crossed he comes back fit and strong

I'm really keen to see Jarrad recover and play next year after a big preseason. Would be great to see him come in as a ruckman/forward.

Lobbe has been fantastic this year given he's rucked some of the year almost completely by himself, especially when Trengove was out, but I would love to see Jarrad sharing the load. If he can take grabs up forward and kick straight, he will cause headaches for opposition coaches.

I'm really keen to see Jarrad recover and play next year after a big preseason. Would be great to see him come in as a ruckman/forward.

Lobbe has been fantastic this year given he's rucked some of the year almost completely by himself, especially when Trengove was out, but I would love to see Jarrad sharing the load. If he can take grabs up forward and kick straight, he will cause headaches for opposition coaches.
Sure am looking forward to see Redden get a pre-season in. Hopefully we will see some great things from him in the SANFL initially. Wonder how he would go up forward too.

For him to have had a set back at least 6 months ago and still not be running shows that the issue is a serious one. I wish him a full recovery, even if it is a very slow one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Macca19

#34 JARRAD REDDEN

368576.jpg

SANFL Stats (Ave):

Games: 20

Disposals: 10

Marks: 2

Goals: 10

AFL Stats:
http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/J/Jarrad_Redden.html

Notes:
It was a long road back for Jarrad Redden. After missing a year and a half with injury, Jarrad got his chance in Round 2 against Sydney. Despite being well beaten, it was good to see him back in action. He spent the rest of the year leading the ruck in the SANFL, playing 20 matches and averaging 27 hitouts whilst also kicking 10 goals for the year. He had some good games at SANFL level, but it was considered that his body was just not up to the rigours of AFL football anymore and was delisted at the end of the year.

THE WOODVILLE WEST TORRENS FOOTBALL CLUB CAN ADVISE THAT EAGLES STAR RUCKMAN JARRAD REDDEN HAS ANNOUNCED HE WILL RETIRE AT THE END OF THE SEASON

One of the more unheralded debuts.

12 disposals, 3 marks, 4 clearances and 21 hit outs in just 53% gametime rucking against Ben McEvoy in a 4 point win.

What could’ve been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back