Delisted # 8: Martin Gleeson - Not offered a contract, finishes his Essendon career on 97 AFL games

Remove this Banner Ad

“I love the club, love all the players and the coaches so I am very happy with two more years and I’ll see what happens after that.”

“I love the club, love all the players and the coaches so I am very happy with two more years and I’ll see what happens after that.”

urgh I think Ive heard something like this before. Did he add something along the lines of 'Melbourne is ok, but Adelaide mate its just farkin' awrsome bro'?

Also has some anger and aggression that I think helps. Seems a really competitive footballer has many other skills to go with that.

He's another player like Fantasia (though I appreciate Horatio did 2/10 of SFA last night) in that the only thing that seems to have held him back was physical immaturity. There doesn't seem to be one part of Gleeson's game that is deficient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His decision making under pressure is sublime. Pretty sure Bomber compared him to a young Corey Enright last year. Remember his breakout game against Freo in round 4 last year where his class was obvious

Gleeson should play all games if he correctly uses his skills - Has some elite traits.
I hope you're right, he could win the rising star if he plays every game.

His decision making under pressure is sublime. Pretty sure Bomber compared him to a young Corey Enright last year. Remember his breakout game against Freo in round 4 last year where his class was obvious

It's one of those rare abilities you can't teach. Decision making & reading of the play are two prime qualities I rate highly in a player. Marty has both of these

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He was our one major positive from an otherwise forgettable trip out west. His reading of the play is exceptional, he adds a degree of dash and dare from the back half, and I remember thinking we've got a beauty here. I think he'll play at least fifteen games this year injuries permitting.

Problem?

Some deadwood, or too many players for similar positions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back