Delisted #38: Jarrod Atkinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jarrod (itsa) Atkinson

I really liked the look of this kid... why don't they try him in the midfield and see if could show something...does anyone think that he miht keep his spot in the team...
and (Itsa) is his nickname

His nickname is actually Koala Bear, but why do you go with ITSA??

Re: Jarrod (itsa) Atkinson

Who cares what his nickname is, he's a gun!

Yeah, loads of potential, at the mo is a bit of a tearaway, poor decision making etc. His explosiveness could be handy around stoppages if he runs straight through the line, good sized body for it... could be used until perhaps the more, shall we say, highly fancied youngsters bulk up?

Re: 38. Jarrod Atkinson

I was very impressed with what I saw from the mature age rookie. Definetly has the tools to make it. Good pick up, Bombers :thumbsu:

should never play another afl game again. he was a liability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the thing is that he never really tore it apart for bendigo anyways. just wishful thinking from knighta. he's nowhere near our best 22 without all the injuries

geez the bombers are asking us supporters to pick a team? oh well~ back to the drawing board! but i reckon with the players we have coming back not many with injuries now!can we still make the 8? the way we have started to play and with a Neagle,Loyd,Lovett,Lucas,McPhee,Lonergan,Johns, Forward line who everelse, should be one of the best forward lines in the AFL! once in form! so still believe in Matty Knights and reckon outside chance to make 8!:thumbsu:

Disagree, even if he doesn't play another match I think he's been well worth the gamble. Only taking up a rookie spot for 1 year

i didn't say he wasn't worth the gamble. he has certain attributes that look attractive to a football club. i don't blame us for putting him on the rookie list.

all i was saying that it was very evident from friday night's game that he just isn't up to it. his not 18 either, so his room for improvement would be minimal compared to that of our draft picks from the previous couple of years.

Not necessarily, a heap of guys don't kick on until they're 25, let alone 23
He was playing VFL only & country footy the year before that, so he's shown he can improve himself.
The question will be how much, it won't be by much either way

Despity "longys" prediction, Jarrods been given another call up. some might say it's out of lack of options other might say it's due to his form in the VFL, but I for one am just glad to see he's been given another opportunity. I also hope Magin evetually gets blooded but i think i'll just go on record and say that although i hope Jarrod plays a blinder of a game, and regaurdless of wheather he does or not hope the boys come away with another WIN!! GO BOMBERS!!!

Jaz Atkinson

Starting to like him.

had an indiffernt debut v port, but these last couple of weeks have been good

good disposal, run, pace, tackling, good finishing and a bit of spunk

anyone think he will keep his spot when all the injured guys are back?

Re: Jaz Atkinson

Must admit i was critical of him early, and theirs still work, but he seems to be improving with every match. As for his place when the injured guys get back i'm not sure, who would he be contending with?

Re: Jaz Atkinson

Had an incredible first quarter. unfortunately I think that Lovett will steal his spot back.
Really would like to see more of him though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back