Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he is guilty by all means throw the book at him. But is anyone else feeling as if Maj is the victim here?

I get what you're saying though LGK. In the court of public opinion, yes.

Spot on gokangas. It's just so hard in a media and information driven society to sit tight and let things play out slowly in court. So the next 9 or so months in the lead up to the trial will certainly have some trial-by-media moments which will help nobody but the media moguls who get to sell a bit more advertising space. I reckon the club will have some challenges to negotiate on this front, both internally and externally, in 2015.
It's all JB's fault of course. : firm look :

Spot on gokangas. It's just so hard in a media and information driven society to sit tight and let things play out slowly in court. So the next 9 or so months in the lead up to the trial will certainly have some trial-by-media moments which will help nobody but the media moguls who get to sell a bit more advertising space. I reckon the club will have some challenges to negotiate on this front, both internally and externally, in 2015.
Yes, the pace of information and the 24 hour news cycle does make it hard. As does the need for certainty and closure that so many experience; many of us seem to need it and are very uncomfortable with sitting in uncertainty.

If he is guilty by all means throw the book at him. But is anyone else feeling as if Maj is the victim here?

Utter nonsense if so.

He is facing charges just like any other Australian citizen if were in the same position based on evidence.

If he is guilty he is punished, if he isn't then he is exonerated.

Just because he is dark skinned and plays football at the highest level (meaning higher media attention) doesn't mean he is a victim and his previous behavior is beyond the law.

Last edited:
Even without Daw's dramas. He will need to prove this year he Can make it as a AFL player. Him and Currie are the back up ruckman. One of them may have to go at the end of the year.

Not really. False rape accusations are a minority of accusations, as far as most statistics show. In saying that, I hope it all isn't true.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but it's a little ironic given current events that this thread was started by a user called "moist conditions"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Utter nonsense if so.

He is facing charges just like any other Australian citizen if were in the same position based on evidence.

Just because he is dark skinned and plays football at the highest level (meaning higher media attention) doesn't mean he is a victim and his previous behavior is beyond the law.
Of course not. No one is above the law (except the German in lethal weapon 2).

I don't understand how it is such a no go area to form an opinion on it. I get what LGK is saying and I tend to lean that way too. Doesn't mean we are going out of our way to tarnish her name. Athletes are prime targets for opportunists so it is not out of the question. If Majak is found guilty he will be hounded down by the public. If it comes out that she has lied than so should she.

Currie would be my next choice as Ruck clearly if Goldstein got injured.

He hasn't had a chance and Majak, to be blunt, seems to have little idea what is going on at times.

Currie is a ruck not a forward.

Fair enough tbh I think when MaJ rucks he goes ok as in give enough of a contest. He lets himself down at boundary throw ins.

I actually don't mind Currie but lumbering types at around 200cm without any real strings to their bow grow on trees.

Fair enough tbh I think when MaJ rucks he goes ok as in give enough of a contest. He lets himself down at boundary throw ins.

I actually don't mind Currie but lumbering types at around 200cm without any real strings to their bow grow on trees.
Nup. Currie > daw When it comes to rucking duties. Daw can't last a full game at FF let alone a game in the ruck

Ruck contesting over 4 quarters: Currie > Daw
Ruck contesting in isolated contests: Daw > Currie
Footy smarts: Currie > Daw
Matchwinning ability: Daw > Currie
Forward play over 4 quarters: Currie = Daw
Forward play in isolated plays: Daw > Currie
2nd Ruck/forward: Daw > Currie

I like Currie (and none of that fake Korma s**t) but my highly scientific analysis yields the better player as Maj.

Utter nonsense if so.

He is a victim if its all made up.

What has skin colour have to do with it? Any man who is accused of such crimes will always carry a stain even if exonerated.

But the evidence is there apparently so he will have to play it all out. Like I said if he is guilty throw the book at him of course, no leniency from anyone here just because he wears the blue and white.

I get what you're saying though LGK. In the court of public opinion, yes.

Nope. Rape is a very difficult area of law. Best to let the legal folk sort this out.

Has pleaded not guilty. Would assume his story and evidence his lawyers have has given them the confidence to plead not guilty.

No room for sexual offenders in society. But if Daw is innocent, and I mean clearly innocent, then he becomes the victim.

Has pleaded not guilty. Would assume his story and evidence his lawyers have has given them the confidence to plead not guilty.

No room for sexual offenders in society. But if Daw is innocent, and I mean clearly innocent, then he becomes the victim.

Nah, I don't agree.

His name will be degraded regardless of the outcome I suspect which is an unfortunate part of our legal process and trial by media, but that doesn't mean he is the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back