Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

I would love the stat on how many scoring shots against occurred as a result of a Greenhead turnover.
Rated by champion data as the 2nd worst kick of the top 200 kick getters in the AFL and the worst of the 200 while under no pressure.

We took a mark 11% of the time from his inside 50s, the 2nd worst of the top 50.

We scored 17% from his clearances the 12th worst of the top 100 clearance getters.

Makes him sound like a negative. We maybe better without him.

Will fit in at the pies, they were 17th in kicking efficiency.

Rated by champion data as the 2nd worst kick of the top 200 kick getters in the AFL and the worst of the 200 while under no pressure.

We took a mark 11% of the time from his inside 50s, the 2nd worst of the top 50.

We scored 17% from his clearances the 12th worst of the top 100 clearance getters.

Levi warranted opposition attention though. Has a big tank and runs both ways. Was also ready to sacrafice his game for the team.

Stats don't show this.

That genuinely shocks me.

The Roos skipper has been one of the best inside ball-winners in the AFL for the past few seasons. Since 2011, he has led the competition in average tackles (7.1 a game) and is third for clearances (6.7).

From his return in round nine last year, Swallow led North in contested possessions, clearances and tackles.

Champion Data statistics also show that North scored from 30 per cent of Swallow's clearances last year (the equal eighth-highest percentage of the competition's top 50 clearance-winners) and his clearances generated more points than any other player in the AFL from rounds nine-23 (123, 25 more than the next best player)
Just to put Levi's stats into perspective.

Where was Levi in terms of number of clearances, if Swallow was third?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to put Levi's stats into perspective.

Where was Levi in terms of number of clearances, if Swallow was third?
The Roos skipper has been one of the best inside ball-winners in the AFL for the past few seasons. Since 2011, he has led the competition in average tackles (7.1 a game) and is third for clearances (6.7).

Swallow had 6.9 last year while Greenwood had 4.

Why are we discussing Greenhead when this thread is about a true roo in Higgins. Besides we have Dumont, by year end it will be Levi Who?

Just heard this from Andrew Gaze on SEN, I don't see it personally but still pretty funny :D. I don't know how to embed soundcloud thingos but here's the link.

It's also on the north website :thumbsu:

Edit: Turns out all you need is the link :$

359461.jpg

Hello I'm Shaun Higgins....welcome to Heaven.

Poor man's Boomer?

Nup.. considering that Boomer has three sides of his right side of his right boot Higgins is that polished rare type of player who can more than compliment the North midfield because he can go long and make some acute snap shots at goal with either foot. Think a more quicker and more versatile version of Sam Mitchell and can be VERY damaging when fit. Runs all day kinda player in the Dal Santo mould.

If Higgins can have that career season, I can guarantee you that you won't miss Levi Greenwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back